MP Native Fantasy [WB] Invasion of Avalon

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry folks I have been sick, I passed the modd off to arthur to help him learn the system,  we plan on re balancing the mod and maybe changing it a lot.

If I can get a hold of him. :razz:

Any who I'm about as bored as can by with watching star trek voyager over and over while sick.  So we will get this wrapped up soon. 

I am discontinuing development of this mod.  I'm sure Adventures of Calradia will do a fine job at giving warband a new invasion experience.

I find invasion of avalon boring now, I want to create something more complex, unique, and possibly fun.

I will release the code as an OSP when I get a chance to get everything together. 

Came up with some more ideas to make this mod more unique, and I am going to scrap a lot of the invasion norms from other invasion mods.  I was informed i should finish this mod and release it.

No date set, i will wake up in the morning to work on the wave randomization system. 

So pretty much, there will be no end, just computer generated waves with completely unique fights every time you play.

Xaphan said:
Came up with some more ideas to make this mod more unique, and I am going to scrap a lot of the invasion norms from other invasion mods.  I was informed i should finish this mod and release it.

No date set, i will wake up in the morning to work on the wave randomization system. 

So pretty much, there will be no end, just computer generated waves with completely unique fights every time you play.

Nifty! Good luck and stick to it!  I, and many others would love to see this mod completed!

I created a new wave system, it is fully randomized.

I did some tricky stuff that actually worked.

I assign each enemy troop to a number, and each wave picks a series of random troop between 1 and 187, but for some reason the first wave always has farmers, not sure why if it is randomized.

Anywho, right now I am just spawning 5 units per player, it might stay that way since the last version of this mod, you had to be a cav to win, because there were sometimes 15 bots per player.

I threw in some tough units in the generator, some units are godlike.

I am trying to write a system to randomly generate spawn numbers of bots based on players, where it just is not hard coded at 5 bots per player.  Gonna have to work on it.

No release date as of yet, I want to make sure I am releasing a good product with plenty of fun maps from the get go, but I am the only one working on the mod so, i am not sure how long it will take yet, I mostly just need to write scenes, and work on a few things.

I did some digging through OSP map packs, and after some edits, we have 9 very good maps to start out with until we get more sceners.  woo

EDIT: we had a big round of testing, I have some work to do, some bugs to fix regarding respawning players. 

For some reason the respawn players system worked when i had the old wave system with boss rounds, and magically it stopped functioning, yet works when the mission is restarted.

Gonna be a long day tomorrow ironing that out. 

I am having to deal with one of warband moddings **** alls. 

Meaning.  Something breaks randomly, luckily I made a zipped backup of the mod when everything was working perfect in version one.

The respawning after certain rounds broke on the new build, I have tried everything fixing it, the code is fine, just for some reason players are not respawning when they are supposed to.

I plan on reverting to the backup, than recoding my changes to see if it fixes it.

I have had to do it this way regarding fixing a random bug caused by the unknown in modding several times. 

EDIT:  Tried to redo my changes to the old backup, did not fix the problem with not respawning.  I will get it figured out soon, the release of the mod is pending until the last few kinks are worked out. 

Back
Top Bottom