Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

damesh said:
Another big bug.  The bounty quests from lords seem to be broken.  I take the quest and go to the hideout village.  I look for the nervous man and engage him in conversation and get this response:

"Do I know you?"  Did my commander send you?"  My only option in response is:

"Sorry, Ill be on my way" or something like that and the interaction ends.

Have tried several time to leave the village and come back in or talk to the village elder and inquire about the individual, but nothing changes the exchange with the nervous man.

This is freelancer interfering with the dialogs because it inserts itself in the middle of dialogs instead of at the end, so the freelancer dialog changes latch onto the conversation instead of falling through to the quest you wanted.  Dialogs in diplomacy are extremely fragile, which is the MAIN reason mods with highly tweaked base code don't try to merge Diplomacy (for example Phantasy Calradia).  De-enlist so that Freelancer is no longer giving a context to every conversation and your quest might fall through as originally planned.

ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
Michadr said:
Razzlie said:
Michadr said:
Razzlie said:
Hey folks! I posted a little question about a certain issue I bumped into while playing as the dwarves on the ModDB page, but I soon realised it wasen't very much activity there. So I'm giving it a try here. I wasen't sure where to post this but I guess my issue can be seen as a bug? Or perhaps its just something in the game itself. I can't clearly tell. Anyways, the text below is from my comment on the ModDB page, I'd really appreciate any help possible with this. Cause I really want to move on with my Dwarven faction. Also, if this is posted in the wrong forum section, I apologize in advance. And.. sorry if this question perhaps already exist somewhere and been answered, I'm really.. REALLY new here.  :oops:

Less importent info.
* Greetings folks and happy new year! I've recently dwellved into the Perisno mod and I must say, its amazing. A lot of great work done on it. I'm a huge fan of the Kaikoth Confederation, as they're all a bunch of salty and awesome dwarves. So on my first go I've focused a lot on helping them out. The first enemy I made em wage war on was the Realm of the Falcon. We've nearly eliminated everything they hold dear through a harsh and tough campaign. And we've eventually pinned them down at their last settlement, Forniron(which they took from the elves). *

Main problem.
* Though.. now the only problem I've managed to stumble upon till this point is that the dwarves can't get over Forniron's walls! They get stuck on their way up the ladder, just by the edge of the wall. I've heard of this problem before in some other mods and now it's taken effect on me in Perisno. I assume there's more settlements that carries the same issues that I haven't stumbled upon yet. So I'm just wondering one thing right now, is there any way to avoid this problem? Anything in the cheat menu that can help? Or some sort of cheat code that I can type in while sieging just to help my dwarves inside Forniron?(Like expanding their legs). Any advice or help of direction is very appreciated! *
Unfortunately this is a bug, since the dwarfs are of much smaller height then the humans and elves. This causes them to not be able to climb over the walls of some castles/towns etc. I have no fix for this yet. Stay tuned.
Aha alright, well I'll stay tuned for a fix on it then. Thanks for answering!
Sorry for that. Didn't see that one coming. During my tests I rarely ever do sieges. Maybe changing their size will help, I don't know yet.
  I'd consider using Morgh's editor to adjust race height for dwarves to a value closer to 0.88 or higher (0.90 should be plenty).
  It's at 0.86 for "official" .772, unless Michadr changed it back to 0.80 or somesuch because he wasnt sure why the dwarves were made larger.  The file is skins.txt

This happens in every mod that has short races; you need close to 0.9 to have perfect head shots, and ladders seem to stick below 0.88 (and I dislike 88 for other reasons so wouldf suggest 0.89 as a good safe size for dwarves). Sorry if dwarves seeming shorter gives great immersion, it also means AI misses in calculating aimed shots and ladder step/wall matching.

Just wanted to do a checkup and see if this bug has been fixed yet. I'm stalling on recruiting any Kaikoth troops because of this problem. Sieges with them just doesn't get Kaikoth troops stuck, but it can get other troops stuck behind them which just makes them easy to be picked off by throwing weapons and arrows.

milty111 said:
Stuck in "Reports" screen. How to get out? Have to use Task Manager for now.

still stuck...anyone else have this problem?

Turn off cheat menu and see if you get 1 less menu option.  The issue comes from Warband's display manager within module_game_menus not able to display more than 15 menu entries at a time.  When "leave" is the last menu entry defined but more than 15 entries are displayed for that menu the ones after 15 (counting from 0..15) are clipped.  Thus you're stuck in a menu.
It's context sensitive, so you had at that moment more items displayed than normal, probably because of some overlay like freelancer, diplomacy, or cheat menu adding to the menu list of reports...

Eventually I became annoyed at this behavior and started numbering all the menu entries to split off into sub menus but the code can still get blindsided by menu entries added dynamically by modmerger kit add-ins such as freelancer, where the entries aren't obvious enough to be numbered by the beginning (or in my case, intermediate) level coder.  With Warsword Rigale the practice was to split menus early, at both town, camp, and reports layers, to prevent overflow.

Hi, I've got quite a few problems (I'm using 0.772 of Perisno). Occasionally troops (not all, ~1-3) will be on the ground, alive. Basically the model is flat to the ground, they still use shields as far as I know but I'm not sure about actual combat. I've had this happen with my troops and enemy troops during battlefield scenarios and sieges.

I ran in the Dreadknight, who I know does has a lot of health/armor, but he lasted 10 minutes of archers/xbows shooting him, cavalry hitting him with swords and lances, and fairly strong melee troops constantly hitting him (it was 70v1).

I have turned Dodge option off, but troops continue to dodge things. I've tried enabling, which didn't change anything, then disabling again which also did nothing.

Also, no matter what I do, I cannot get Queen Arwen, the Princess or Zaos to let me be affliated with their family even though I have 10+ relation. (I saved before trying it the first time because I was curious if I could, and they let me in. I reloaded the save and from now on I cannot get it to happen) Nor can I get The princess to consider me for courtship, I have 600 renown and hers is 590 and relation of 14 (It may not be bugged but it just seems off compared to what other people say and the wiki info too) Also when offered marriage I got this "My Lord, you are a UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN of great spirit and bravery, possessed of strength, courage, and wit. I would be most honored were you to become my husband"

Very often I will have 0 prisoners in my party and at both ransom brokers or the tavern barkeeps the dialogue will come up but nothing will happen because I have none

My archers will randomly (sometimes) spawn on the opposite side of the battlefield, very near the enemy, with and without the plans before battle

AI, only enemies (1 or a few) will sit on the opposite side of the battlefield, melee will just sit idle, archers will fire if they are close enough. Never has this before the past few days.

I've spoken to my financial affairs person to upgrade my one of my castles (Weyyah) and when I speak to him it doesn't give my options because it thinks I've upgrade them all, expect at Weyyah I do have the messanger post to build.

there may be more that I am forgetting, if so I'll add it

Hey guys massive fan of this mods! So I only have one problem that I'm not sure has been reported yet. I can't use F5-F9 in the battlefield. I can use F1-F4, and F5-F9 work (when i click F5 it tells units to use side arms, F6 doffs shields I believe) but the menu pops up and disappears right away, in the blink of an eye. It isn't a problem with my client I think (1.168, can run Floris and use formations/F1-F9 properly) but something wrong with my Perisno maybe? If you guys need more clarification or can help me out I'm available.

Sher101 said:
Hey guys massive fan of this mods! So I only have one problem that I'm not sure has been reported yet. I can't use F5-F9 in the battlefield. I can use F1-F4, and F5-F9 work (when i click F5 it tells units to use side arms, F6 doffs shields I believe) but the menu pops up and disappears right away, in the blink of an eye. It isn't a problem with my client I think (1.168, can run Floris and use formations/F1-F9 properly) but something wrong with my Perisno maybe? If you guys need more clarification or can help me out I'm available.

I think the Formations mod, or which ever adds those extra options, broke like a lot of the other addons. Things like battle abilities also seems broken, as multiple buttons and binds are the same, or have a command hard-binded to one button and another defaulted to it.

I believe that when the game is saved, there is a chance of it crashing afterwards, or so I have had occur multiple times. The Zann also seem to have high relation with the player when they invade, making it impossible to join in with other vassals in battle unless you attack the Zann.

gsanders said:
milty111 said:
Stuck in "Reports" screen. How to get out? Have to use Task Manager for now.

still stuck...anyone else have this problem?

Turn off cheat menu and see if you get 1 less menu option.  The issue comes from Warband's display manager within module_game_menus not able to display more than 15 menu entries at a time.  When "leave" is the last menu entry defined but more than 15 entries are displayed for that menu the ones after 15 (counting from 0..15) are clipped.  Thus you're stuck in a menu.
It's context sensitive, so you had at that moment more items displayed than normal, probably because of some overlay like freelancer, diplomacy, or cheat menu adding to the menu list of reports...

Eventually I became annoyed at this behavior and started numbering all the menu entries to split off into sub menus but the code can still get blindsided by menu entries added dynamically by modmerger kit add-ins such as freelancer, where the entries aren't obvious enough to be numbered by the beginning (or in my case, intermediate) level coder.  With Warsword Rigale the practice was to split menus early, at both town, camp, and reports layers, to prevent overflow.

Very good reply, gsanders. Clear explanation of something that I've had frustrated double takes in this, and many other mods. I also appreciated your description on how mod enhancements can interfere with each other in often unpredictable, often frustrating, though sometimes entertaining, ways.

Hey, when playing any mod, ya gotta keep your sense of the absurd handy! It can turn a situation from "rage quit" to "Ha! That's a hilarious thing to happen here!" :wink:

As always, thanks to you guys for your hard, UNPAID, UNDERAPPRECIATED work!

I seem to have encountered a bug in which Emperor Hakkon is part of the torlians. I do not know how it happened. All I know is that the Hakkon have recently lost their last land to the Hakkon rebels, and now it says he rules Hakkon while being in another faction.

I don't think this will go well for my game.

danted8d said:
I seem to have encountered a bug in which Emperor Hakkon is part of the torlians. I do not know how it happened. All I know is that the Hakkon have recently lost their last land to the Hakkon rebels, and now it says he rules Hakkon while being in another faction.

I know about this bug.
Just like you, I encountered it recently, and I think I found where it came from, so it should be fixed now.

Leonion said:
danted8d said:

I know about this bug.
Just like you, I encountered it recently, and I think I found where it came from, so it should be fixed now.

After playing the game a little more with the bug, it seems it doesn't affect much besides some relation issues. Maybe using the bug you could find a way to keep some rulers ingame by having them serve others after losing their kingdom.

Please don't remove it.
One of my favorite memories is when in one game the Hakkons won they're war against Drahara and the Sultana defected to Maccavia.

Seriously it was the funniest **** id ever seen.

I posted a topic on this yesterday but I realized it's probably better off here. I'm not sure if this is a bug or my own ignorance, but I have not figured out how to declare a war on another faction without attacking their villagers, caravans, or vassals. Shouldn't there be an option to declare a war when talking to one of my staff members?

While I'm at it, for some reason I can no longer select books to read from the camp menu. When I click "select a book to read", it just acts as if I have no books in my inventory (I have the logic one and a treasure map in my inventory). Other than those two in my inventory, I have read all the other books I could find.

Any help would be much appreciated!

This bug is definitely one that helps the player rather than harms him.

After getting the companion Nox of Zephilli, I noticed that he seemed to be able to take a bit more punishment than the average person. Sure he was meant to be powerful, but check the amount of punishment he could take.

zUFSUUi.jpg

I think it's some weird interaction between the battle-cry and his ridiculous stats. No he wasn't immortal, he just appeared to have ~10,000 hit points at the very least. He could solo kill around 80 troops at the very least before going down at full difficulty.

The only other companion that seemed to have a lot of health after the battle cry was Actanos of Octiem, but that wasn't on the same level as this guy.

Just for reference I had 10 leadership and 27 charisma, so battlecry should only restore 57% hp.

I can't recruit Realm of the falcon troops from villages. First thought I had to have positive relationship with them but even after i became a vassal I can't recruit a single villager

Falcons don't let simple villagers fight wars. If you look at their troop tree, you won't find regular recruits there.
All falconian soldiers undergo heavy military training in Falconian war academies, and only then are allowed to go to war.
... since 0.8.
And for now these academies are inaccessible by any stranger who isn't a true-born falcon.

Falcons are a peaceful faction, but they know how to protect themselves.  :smile:

So that's why... Ugh I've reinstalled the mod a couple of times and started a new game no less than 5 times because of this thinking its a bug.

Some bugs -
Red Immortals patrol can't be attacked during the quest (maybe relations with them are set to positive?).
Customisable troops "forgeting" their equipment sometimes after save-load and this is veery annoying.
Not sure if this is a bug, but in "Small vilage in Perisno" start after speaking with Aurolo warriors you spawning in the desert to the west of the dwarves (and without any items) - quite far from the Aurolo island =)

Back
Top Bottom