Perisno Mod Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

cheesehat said:
Ach I see, I'm playing Melsperisno ATM from the link that's in her threat, so I'm assuming that it just got overlooked?

Anyway, I can live with it for now :smile:

She isn't up on coding much.  She and everyone else waits for Michadr to "bless" a code set, figuring my code needs a few minutes to cool off and get tested before its "really" ready for prime time.  The fix for this is at line  162 in simple triggers
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEeWx3ZEdEU05zLXM/view?usp=sharing
  on the left is how I SHOULD have written it, on the right is how I had it in the file I gave to Michadr hours before leaving to vacation for 9 days, without a PC.

Mel is using the source placed in a shared area and the code is subtle; what's happening is it's expecting another variable in the divide, and none is given, so its become a divide by 0, giving incredible numbers.  These numbers will overflow and damage several neighboring memory slots contents, giving mid game corrupted save games.

Fixed in source 76r2, which is uploaded as  "Spirit of 76 r8".  r2 is the "second public release"; r8 is the 8th one anyone but me ever saw, so I best give it a new number or it will recirculate on the group forever the wrong version...  it reads out on the screen "Perisno v0.76 r2"

r9 is actually what I have saying "Perisno .77 r01" on screen.  So far I haven't shared it with the group.  I've been a little prissy of late.  I'll eventually forward it once the novelty of PBOD and item powers wears off.

- GS

Is it a bug or something that my allies don't join war when I engage enemy ex.I am marshall of Tolranion and lead the force to capture enemy castle when I go in battle only my troops deploy on battle the others not  and wanna ask how to change formation because when I deploy my cavalry always form wedge and infantry always form shield wall or something

WandererII said:
Is it a bug or something that my allies don't join war when I engage enemy ex.I am marshall of Tolranion and lead the force to capture enemy castle when I go in battle only my troops deploy on battle the others not  and wanna ask how to change formation because when I deploy my cavalry always form wedge and infantry always form shield wall or something

Cavalry only form wedge, this is hard coded for Perisno .76, .76r2
  Perisno .77 uses PBOD so you may have some flexibility there.

Allies not joining suggests you run .76 not .76r2
  upgrade to 76r2 or 77
  the link is posted plenty of places.  Michadr's page of moddb links is usually slow to get updates.  It's just how it is.  I must write the links every second day, try looking 3-4 posts back.

- GS

I get this problem whenever I talk to any lords that the battlelogs and other messages don't show up on the screen. If I go to recent messages I can still see them, but in the middle of battle it gets irritating.

The error script that it gives me is "At script: ce_get_troop_encumbrance. Unrecognized opcode 2700.

Reidsome said:
I get this problem whenever I talk to any lords that the battlelogs and other messages don't show up on the screen. If I go to recent messages I can still see them, but in the middle of battle it gets irritating.

The error script that it gives me is "At script: ce_get_troop_encumbrance. Unrecognized opcode 2700.

Your Warband version is either 1.158 or 1.153, which doesn't have opcode  "get_item_weight"
Upgrade Warband to at least 1.161 and that message will no longer overflow the message window.
I weigh your and all companions/lords/possible spouses items just before battle to set encumbrance, and re-weigh your items every 20 seconds as I figure you changed gear from a chest.

Here's the upgrade to 1.168
  http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_upgrade_1100_to_1168.exe

- GS

Just script error reporting with no expectation of an immediate fix, or knowledge whether this has already been addressed in a forthcoming update.

Installed 0.76r2 and started a new game, entered service with Queen Arwen's army, rose through the ranks, and eventually hired a couple companions while stationed at the faction's capitol town.  Again traveled as part of the Queen's retinue, assaulted quite a few castles and overland battles.  Eventually took Leave (to go sell loot at a nearby faction-owned town).  Rejoined the Queen's army, and the Leave quest didn't close as it otherwise should; the quest will eventually fail because it times out even though I've successfully re-entered service.  My two companions disappeared, the message in the Companion status screen said, "trying to rejoin" and then after the following script error started to appear, "whereabouts unknown".  The error regularly appears ... once per minute or thereabouts - I didn't time it, and do not know what triggers it.

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 101: Invalid Party ID: 709; LINE NO: 133:
At Game Triggers trigger no: 23 consequences.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 101: Invalid Party ID: 716; LINE NO: 133:

Saved the game and restarted Warband, loaded the saved game, and the script error returns.  I suspect it has something to do with my wayward companions, but I'll leave final determination up to those who know the code far better than I.

If it helps, the two companions were Shi Jin and Antiope.

{edit to add}  Following up on previous observations, when I next went on Leave from the Queen's army, my Companions reappeared in my party and the script error ceased.  I hired two more Companions while on Leave, and I recruited quite a few Recruits from the villages surrounding the capitol town (this just to finish that pesky starting quest).  Upon rejoining the Queen's army, my Companions once again disappeared from my party along with all of my troops.  I suspect my troops joined into the Queen's army, but I didn't pay attention to her before/after troop count.  And once again the same script error occurred. {/end edit}

Thanks for the mod.  I'm finding it enjoyable, but find myself wishing for a few features found in other mods (but that's a discussion for another time).

@Ditchinit:    In other words, you have an issue with freelancer.
                    These sorts of things are why Freelancer isn't my favorite add-in

gsanders said:
@Ditchinit:    In other words, you have an issue with freelancer.
                    These sorts of things are why Freelancer isn't my favorite add-in
Bloody Freelancer always shows up in each and every version's bug thread. Some people have no issues, with others its a broken dam.

Getting an old issue I remember having with advancing troops forward from a fixed position. Whenever I tell my archers to advance, they do so for 20 paces and when told to move forward again, they just come right back to me. I've just stood around giving commands to them and the same thing will happen over and over. Formations has been disabled. I can't bear to use it as I often play "the commander" and just give my troops orders, placing them (archers in particular) around the battlefield.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly why I stopped playing last time. It would appear the same issues are still around.

EDIT: I forgot that some changes are happening to formations in the next release, so I shall put up with it for the time being lol.

Also, I've gone through the forums on how to improve performance and still end up stuttering like crazy in the smallest of fights (50 or so people including my own group of 20). Everything is set to minimum, shadows disabled, etc. Something that I shouldn't really have to do with the rig I have. I've changed the Nvidia settings, the rgl_config file to increase buffering, played around with various settings (yes, I've backed up and know what I'm doing lol), disabling this, un-checking that and nothing seems to have made a difference. Perisno seems to stutter about the same, regardless of the settings.

@ kevinflemming  You are running Perisno .77 with PBOD, or something you found on moddb?  At the first load screen, before selecting your character, it should print in red the version you run - Perisno .76  Perisno .76 r2, or  Perisno .77

Perisno .77 uses PBOD 92
Perisno .76 either    both use Motomaru v3, which you complained about

Perisno .77 has been released a month ago, but the person who manages moddb files has other priorities than Perisno, so it didn't get uploaded. 
I have no access to moddb for Perisno, I just write it and when something needs support everyone else vanishes.  But I dislike these reports mainly because even if a new version already addressed the complaint, users don't use it.  Apparently something on the forum is not trusted but if its on Moddb its golden, eh?

Perisno .77    not savegame compatible with .76/.76r2 only because PBOD adds new global variables
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEdmRHSkFqMVV6Szg/view?usp=sharing

As for stuttering, you either have very small video RAM or small system RAM.  Are you running 32-bit?  Try reducing the size of "texture detail" in Warband video configuration - set to 70% and the textures need half as much RAM (.7 * .7 = .49).    How much dedicated video RAM do you have?  Which Nvidia GPU?
I have no stuttering, but then again all my systems are extremely clean and have adequate CPU and GPU bandwidth, as I design computers for my day job, and play on my prototypes to "prove them" under load.  I need some flimsy excuse to run games at my PC.  But maybe you have some really small video RAM, like 512 MB, or run a Mac or something sad like this, and show up underpowered for Perisno?  Slide the textures setting, that's the first step.  Then let's see what the Nvidia GPU you use is to see whether its a bottleneck loading textures from video RAM, too narrow video RAM memory path, or insufficient CUDA core count.  There is a program to compress textures to run on antique machines as well.

Or perhaps you have a laptop that has dual Intel and Nvidia GPUs and you have not set affinity for Warband to always use Nvidia?
  And finally which OS and how much RAM do you have?

- GS

EDIT:  it is also possible to get the battle mini-map to seem to "stutter" by enabling the Silverstag display of troop ratio bar and stamina bars
which causes Silverstag to alternate painting its own mini map over the mini map Perisno has used since before last year.  These are scaled differently so I set default settings to have the silverstag map off, but you might be cleverly toggling settings in game to force it back on.  This makes for a strong strobe look at the battle mini map but actually does not have stuttering outside the mini map; in which case the description is looking away from the real cause.  I don't think that was an issue in .77 Perisno, which some people resist using.  They can find their way here to complain, but when given the fix they won't use it because its not "official" enough.  If Michadr ever writes an update to his Perisno, this year or any other, I'll be impressed.  Hasn't happened in 14 months (August 2014, last time he coded a non-trivial change).  So if you come here for a fix, you're asking me to fix it.  I put the fix here late October, use it or dont I dont care.

gsanders said:
@ kevinflemming  You are...
...I dont care.

Hey GS,

I've been using .76 r2, as I thought that was the most recent version. Obviously I didn't look properly, huh? :oops: Excitement to play Perisno again must have clouded my judgement. Apologies for the pointless formations bug report and thank you for the .77 link! Grabbing that straight away and eager to see the changes, as always.

Oh, I trust the forums more without a doubt but definitely overlooked .77 being released. A rookie mistake. As for ModDB, I rarely use it myself. Nexus is the usual place I go for mods Although it's a good thing I noticed .76 being on ModDB, otherwise I would have been running .75 as they're two versions behind now it seems.

So, with that out of the way. Let's see if we can address this lag business. My specs are:

Core™i7 Eight Core Processor Extreme i7-5960X
ASUS® Rampage V EXTREME board
32GB Kingston Hyper-X Predator Quad-DDR4 3000MHz
4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
Cosair 650W CS Series™ Ultra Quiet CPU
Water Cooled and running Windows 10 64-bit

It cost a pretty penny with everything else as well, Coolermaster Cosmos II case, SSDs and all of the ROG bits and pieces. So I'm pretty sure it's more than adequate to run anything recent, especially M&B! This isn't a dig at Perisno, but I can run PoP on maximum everything with Battle Sizer set to 300 and very rarely get any stutter. That's a very cavalry-heavy mod too, so the amount of cavalry dust particles in a battle is often quite insane. Although they don't have half as many textures, I've noticed you're over 2100 now! That's a serious amount of gear. But I digress.

Okay, video card memory-wise.
Total available memory: 20414 MB
Dedicated memory: 4096 MB

I have no idea if that's good or bad, it's just how everything was when I got it. I'm willing to make changes to improve performance though.

As for using .77, I wouldn't worry, GS. I will be using it as soon as I finish typing here. The amount of work you've done since joining Perisno, anybody would be a moron not to use anything you've coded/fixed without "official" notifications.

@ Kevin fleming

With those specs, I don't see an issue for system RAM (wanted to see more than 4 GB arranged in 2 or more memory channels), texture size (wanted to see around 1 GB+ dedicated video RAM with 2 GB ideal), video memory bandwidth (looking for at least 128 bit wide path).    I use a I7 4820K on both the work and home development PCs, each with 4 channels of 4 GB DDR3-1600 RAM, an Nvidia 750TI with 2 GB video RAM running at true PCI-e v3 signalling speed in 16 lanes.  I use a Cooler master Elite 430 case.  I have a 600 W PS.  The main issue was I had a budget limit of exactly $1370 USD, the same price my IBM PC-2 with 128K RAM and no floppy or hard disk cost me in 1984.  Every 2 years I replace the previous PC with the exact same budget, which makes my collection of PCs useful for compatibility labs testing.  The last 2 PCs are identical and came 1 year apart simply because I wanted to do most of my work away from home for productivity, but my co-workers might have ripped off some of my gear so I wanted the more expensive components at home.  I paid less than you did but mainly the questions for me were -> >4 GB RAM, 64-bit OS, minimum 128 bit video RAM data path, minimum 1 GB video RAM and ideal 2 GB or more, and at least 192 CUDA cores for 3D perfomance.  I had acceptable performance off a Nvidia 9600GT with some down tuning, so I was willing to work with you if needed.  I have a Nvidia 740 with 1 GB here at work and it runs just fine (wherever there was a choice the better of a pair went home for safety).

I use Win 7 Ultimate x64, and feel pity for your being stuck with Win 10, but what can we do?  We accept what Microsoft pushes on us, and hope they stop making it worse.  Its mostly beneficial to their spybot alliance with NSA and in checking remotely for any cracked MS office installs, and otherwise a big step down from 7.  But those aren't making Perisno stutter.

.77 Perisno lets you set native formations as a built-in function of Pre Battle Orders & Deployment (PBOD).
  This is something for you.  I'd say most likely you were reporting the strobe effect .76 series has if you toggle on Silverstag's troop ratio bar/stamina bar.
I removed that strobe effect, pretty sure, in .77 Perisno.

Don't worry about spamming me questions, if its not very clear to you its not very clear to others.  Their English skills may be less so you help them by articulating a clear query on their collective behalf.  I did manage to get my daughter to school 10 minutes late by not noticing time when I wrote you this morning, but that's not really your fault.  I should type less in the morning.

I fixed a few bugs today that probably are common to Perisno .77 mission_templates (which handles the battles); so even though I am fixing "Phosphor" this week it will probably yield a hot patch r02 for Perisno .77 in 10 days or so when I am done on Pho side.  You should know I dont really like Perisno very muich as its boring as all Hell to me compared to my Pho, but thats just me.  Since I get to babysit both, the code base is kind of mingled and fixing Pho lets me see things I could have done better in Perisno.  In theory Pho had all summer for testing but noone much likes to test something incomplete and anyway Pho had errors for a good long time, as at THAT moment I was either on vacation with wife and child and missed a report or three, else working on Perisno instead of finishing Pho.  Now that I have my priorities straight I can treat Perisno like the red headed step child it is, and put my time into a premium project.  Except, at first, its helping Perisno get a .8 again.  Its not like Perisno is competition; its just more popular.  By a few tens of thousands of times, because it also blocks me from my own forum, my own moddb page, and my own development team recruiting.  But I'll fix that next month.

Really think its silverstag settings and a strobe effect from having two different battle mini maps active; one has a refresh period of 0.2 seconds and the other at 0.5 seconds, for an interesting interference pattern.  Only the little red dots on the upper right corner are affected but they are at slightly different scale so the dots appear blurry and bouncing around.  You don't see that in later code versions, such as last night's released Pho test F, or Perisno .77 r01

- GS

gsanders said:
With those specs...
...Perisno .77 r01

- GS

Hmm, I didn't think the specs would be an issue. I'm not overly tech-savvy (hence why I haven't tampered with any settings) but understand a little on what is what. Not quite sure on the whole "lane" and "path" thing though, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance for not commenting too much about components and hardware. Since getting this tower, I've had very few problems with running any game on maximum. Aside from the odd optimization issue with specific games. Something that shouldn't really be happening with the amount of budget such companies have access to. But that's something else altogether.
It's good that you know about such things though, always helps to have somebody knowledgeable that isn't reliant on Googling everything.

Yes, indeed. Although, apart from the remote spying, Win10 isn't too bad so far. It's far better than Win8.1, that's for damn sure. Had a massive screw-up with 8.1, somehow it decided that I couldn't boot from my HDD any longer after updating and refused to let me do anything. Had to do an complete reinstall. Twice actually. So touch wood that Win10 behaves itself. Tempted fate there, haven't I?

Hah, you seem to type as much as I get carried away playing instead of replying. So, back to matter at hand lol.

Okay, the formations are back to normal. My archer line moved forward for a good 50+ paces with no issues. No running back toward my character, no crazy back-and-forth. The new system is great! And with plenty to customize too. PBOD was definitely a good move there and a huge improvement on the old system. Nicely done! :wink: I'm a very happy camper now.

Performance-wise, I took your previous advice to another poster and turned the texture details, on the launcher, down to 70 as a precaution. But kept the other settings in-game at maximum. Disabled Sprinting, as I feel it isn't really necessary given the size of the combat maps. Also, turned off any additional display functions, such as the mini-map (which I rarely bother with anyway, that's what eyes are for).
Tested first by riding around in Murdenholl, as entering the city from the outskirts on a horse seemed to cause the most stutter before. Still get a slight twitch from time-to-time but overall, nowhere near as bad. The last battle I was just in, was around 150 troops (including mine) and there were no issues with either the troops movement/placement nor performance. All-in-all, .77 is definitely performing much better than .76 r2.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say that I have found a bug. If you have "Enable Bodyguards" checked, it will allow more than two companions to join you and create a duplicate of some of them. I had two Silivethiels, two Aracanuses, etc. Unchecking the box doesn't disable Bodyguards, but returns the function back to normal. One of each allowed companion.

Your rig is plenty strong enough that you do NOT need to reduce textures. 
  I expect the entire issue was some sort of interplay between sprinting stamina bar and the Perisno in battle mini map, which got updated in .77

You don't really need to understand each aspect of your computer; when you gave me the video card, total system ram, CPU, and OS I understood if it would have one of the specific bottle neck issues I would need to give advice on.  Your system should run well already.  There will be a slight 0.3 second pause entering a battle as all the heroes in game are re-weighed but otherwise I don't expect anything coding wise to lag your system.  Most (85%) of the re-battle weigh ins got done while you made your character, amounting to around 6 seconds or less added lag, and it was a 1 time event.  I have optimized most of the processing in game to reduce lag and stutter -- so I would surprised to see meaningful lag for reasonably small battles except where some video card or small system RAM posed an issue.  A system having problems with Perisno/Phosphor would probably be around 4 years old or more, and have one of the issues I mentioned.  You would not have any of those.

Murdenholl has a huge map and this caused lag issues just due to the scene size.  It could stand to be about 1/3rd the size.  Mainly I found that an issue at night trying to find the guild master, and otherwise don't really need to go walking much.  Similarly complex scenes are Grund, Karnoth, and Fountain Hall; also the siege map for Khul Vara.  I have to wait an extra 3 1/2 seconds to load Karnoth for walking around.

- GS

gsanders said:
Your rig is...
...for walking around.

- GS

You're completely right. I slid it back up to 100 and it runs just the same.

Yes, there is a slight pause at the start of combat but it's as you say, a split-second and really not worth worrying about. Even entering large scenes, it doesn't take very long. A couple of seconds. In fact, the longest bit of loading so far (in a fair few hours of play now) has been with the textures when you fire-up Perisno. The rest is barely noticeable. You definitely have optimized a lot of the processing in .77, it works like a charm.

Granted, it's quite beautiful when you're riding into the city. Especially around dawn or dusk. But I agree, it's possibly too large for what is actually needed. You could even cut out most of the exterior scenery and spawn inside, it's that big. Ha, yes I couldn't find the bugger at first. Rode around in circles for a while.

@ KevinF  "you could probably cut out half of (Murdenholl)..."  except I did not know how to scene until last week.  I just did code.  But I had to fix some scenes in Pho when I cut and pasted towns to new locations on the map and rotated them, not knowing that this left buildings no longer mapped over terrain that was not and never was expected to be perfectly flat.  Eventually I learned how to not mess up towns getting copied, but first I hand "fixed" the literally hundreds of items that needed to move if I left the towns as they were.  So now I COULD cut Murdenholl in half, if I had infinite time.

It's difficult to get started today so I tested for 4 hours.  Pretty rare for me.

- GS

Two bugs i think....
Fist one: i'm an elf,the i talk to the elven patrols around the map:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561284577
Second: I asked about marriage with the elven princess, i'm still not a noble from the elven kingdom and here is the answer:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=561284330

Hello!

I have warband updated to v1.168, textures on demand and on high resolution using directx 9.
I just started playing v0.76 vanilla not Mel's and most of the ui screen textures are out of place, completely messed up. I barelly can read anything. Even the after battle screen is messed up which makes the game completely unplayable..  :cry:
An other thing is that a lot of textures/icons?? in the market are black, I can see them when I pick them from the inventory like black figures, but the texture is missing. Some of the weapons, some armors, most of the food and other goods aswell.
Anybody else has this issue/bug?

Thanks!

Drax70 said:
Hello!

I have warband updated to v1.168, textures on demand and on high resolution using directx 9.
I just started playing v0.76 vanilla not Mel's and most of the ui screen textures are out of place, completely messed up. I barelly can read anything. Even the after battle screen is messed up which makes the game completely unplayable..  :cry:
An other thing is that a lot of textures/icons?? in the market are black, I can see them when I pick them from the inventory like black figures, but the texture is missing. Some of the weapons, some armors, most of the food and other goods aswell.
Anybody else has this issue/bug?

Thanks!

this tells me you have the textures and resource folders not in the correct place or you now have two of them, one under the other.  Other people don't have that.  I'll look around for a complete (full) download, in which case if you're starting fresh anyway should be .77 r01, but I last distributed .76r2 and .77 r01 as patches over a successful .76 base.  If your .76 base is messed up you would need to resolve that first.

Well let's start with basics.  The .76 distribution assumed you started from a working .75 image and patched.  If you expand just .76 it has almost 2 GB of missing textures and resource files assumed from .75; the .76 module.ini should have tried to load the resource files and given errors.  I would not expect it to even load if you just expand .76 with no .75 base; but if you did get it to load most of the items would appear black like you said.  So if you did have .75 perisno, the .76 perisno has a different folder name.  I would copy the .75 folder to a third name, then copy the .76 folder over it, and make sure that the .76 folder does not have another .76 folder underneath it.  If so that lowest folder is the one to copy over your .75 perisno copy.  Once that is done start Warband, select the module name you made up, and see if items have colors again.  There is a test I put in at    Reports: Reference: view all items
  that lets you see quickly all items in 3 categories, borrowed from Silverstag.

Once that works, patch to .77 r01
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEdmRHSkFqMVV6Szg/view?usp=sharing

that has todays date only because I changed one word in the name to be clearer as to its limits
"patch_Perisno_77r01_and_76.7z" -> "patch_Perisno_77r01_from_76.7z"  because it is without 68 MB or so of compressed textures provided by .76 and .76r2

- GS

Back
Top Bottom