How to make money?

Users who are viewing this thread

So the Reforged Edition, I have a feeling certain things were changes, specifically around trade. I don't believe you can buy wool for 30 and sell it for 900 anymore.

Does anyone have any great tips as of the Reforged Edition in order to make a lot of reliable cash? I find that ransoming prisoners work really well IF you have a ransom broker in the same region. It doesn't work so well if you have to travel half way across the map, due to leaving your holdings unattended. The ransom brokers who are located across random cities tend to give you less gold for each prisoners, so that is a suboptimal solution adding to the tediousness of having to sell individually.

Trade...before this works you need to know what prices you can expect.

Better option to make money is to raid monasteries. Monks are weak and many of them are just running away. This way you can get good money from the valuable things monks should never posses. :twisted: Bad thing is you get a bad relation with Christian factions.

nah screw trade :razz:

get -10rep. Kill looters and weak bandits, sell it to their lair. Rinse and repeat (lair never runs out of cash).

I'm still doing this at day 150 and getting 10-15k a day thanks to it, just add a step at the end where you go and recruit some northmenn.

Kjertesvein said:
So the Reforged Edition, I have a feeling certain things were changes, specifically around trade. I don't believe you can buy wool for 30 and sell it for 900 anymore.

Does anyone have any great tips as of the Reforged Edition in order to make a lot of reliable cash? I find that ransoming prisoners work really well IF you have a ransom broker in the same region. It doesn't work so well if you have to travel half way across the map, due to leaving your holdings unattended. The ransom brokers who are located across random cities tend to give you less gold for each prisoners, so that is a suboptimal solution adding to the tediousness of having to sell individually.
Nope, wool absolutely still works, but youll only ever find 1-2 in a village, and its often not cheap, but if you look around you find it for 23-30 like before. I search villages for cheap wool, around 30, sell it in dorestad or various other towns for about 700-900 still.

Adding my 2 cents:

I'm playing story mode and this is my trade route.

• Buy wine, jewelery, salt in Dorestad. Sell in nearby towns Lundunwic, Dunwic, Ribe
  • Buy tar in Tunsberg, sell anywhere.
  • Fight bandits along the way.

The income is ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom