Bug report and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

MiguKendo said:
Update on the bugs:

A. Gunpowder weapons. I forgot to mention that firearms shouldn't be reloaded while walking. It makes no sense and is extremely non-historical. Those weapons were very heavy and difficult to reload. They actually needed a gun rest to fire (non existant in game for logical programming problems, I assume) and a still spot to reload (which made the gunners very vulnerable, for obvious reasons). I have found that many troops, like portuguese sharpshooters and musketeers, and spanish musketeers, fire and reload while running backwards, which gives the gunners a very unfair advantage, totally unrealistic and taking out all historical immersion. As I exposed before, gunpowder weapons are already quite OP, this is not necessary, and is very unbalancing. The crossbows for example cannot be loaded while moving either.
A different approach may be done for pistols. Realistically they shouldn't be loaded on the move: loading a muzzle loader pistol is already a complicated issue being still (wrong loading may provoke the barrel to get blocked and a weapon explosion. Not to mention that you absolutely need a loading ramrod to load the weapon: if you lost the ramrod because it fell, because everything moves when doing something on the run, your weapon became a very expensive club), loading it on the move is quite a nightmare. But I souldn't press that further because you can load them on horseback, and is not easy neither. So I think that loading pistols while moving could give the pistols the 'edge' they need over large firearms on certain occasions.
This, I've been saying this all over the place, it breaks the way warfare during those days was supposed to be done, breaking immersion for people like us.

Add overhead stab to the pikemen.

Add overhead stab to the pikemen.

Add overhead stab to the pikemen!!!

I can't fathom why it was excluded. It's a must for pikes. It's realistic and looks good.

Only reason I can think of is that Portugal is already vastly overpowered. It should have less armored troops, especially a lot less portuguese conquistadores, rondashiers, and less firelock cavalry.

Making rondashiers rarer, armored matchlocks a lot more rare and expensive, as well as reducing the number of armored pikemen and having pikemen with a cuirass and morion the bulk of portugal's armored forces would be okay and help both realism and balance reasons.

(A link was going to go here, but apparently i cant post links until i be on this forum longer...
Another me spawned in tournament, and is headless. Does this everytime. Very good at fighting.... :roll:

A tournament? Bad time to lose ones head, don't you think?
I mean, it doesn't really sound like he knew how to get ahead in life.
Perhaps it would be best if he would just decide to head out of the tournament. You need to keep a level head for these things, you know. Anyway, if we all put our heads together, I'm sure we can fix this.

Under the new 1.16 version I experience many runtime errors upon entering battle. I never had these in the previous one. I also have a weird bug where the game freezes to a point it repeats several frames over and over again. When i minimize te game and return back it returns to normal.

I ran into the bug where the last few lines of my inventory got cleared suddenly around turn 70.  I keep low-turnover things like horses, food and alternate weapons at the bottom of inventory so this was a bad thing.

Fortunately I was keeping backups and was able to get everything back at the cost of a couple of game days work. Since that I am keeping a backup at least each game day and checking inventory before each save.

Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

less wars. Make agreements last longer, like 60 game days or something.

I would echo this request....too many wars and treaties....thanks for a great mod, otherwise though!

It's probably already been mentioned but I noticed when all the Johor Sultanates fiefs have been lost and vassals defect instead of getting destroyed, they remain with 1 village.

I haven't yet defeated the Portuguese, which might fix the issue as it says it's a village of Malacca which is Portuguese owned.

Can you please add a way to turn off the Sound it makes whenever you give a command? It is realy anoying.

(If there is already a way, please excuse me, I didnt found a way to do it)

Hey!
Thanks for the great MOD! You did really a good job trying to change the medieval European environment of original game to that of South Asia. Such a great variety of unique nations! I would suggest to add Buddhist monks in yellow robes, really how can you imagine this land without them:smile:

This is a great mod. I am having a few issues though. I started with capturing Karbi then Ligor then captured all of Portuguese Colony and Johor Sultanate. A lot of it was done by flipping martial lords with forts and cities. The most game breaking issue I just started facing recently. I survived almost everyone declaring war on me after starting my kingdom and I started making peace with other kingdoms except Ayutthaya. Now I am at truce with Makar-U and I receive the "Failed to respond to provocation" message without any incident and lose 3 relations with all my martial vassals almost all of which control forts. I checked the notes and there is no provocation. I reloaded a previous saved game to prevent this but if I declare war on them I lose honor and 3 relation with all of my vassals for breaking truce. Given the spam of "Failed to respond to provocation" messages other kingdoms had been getting till now it seems I cannot make peace with anyone or I have keep losing relations with my lords now that I have started receiving them. The worst part is there is not logic to those messages with kingdoms receiving the provocation messages from other kingdoms across the map. I guess it is to force kingdoms to declare wars but it is leading to illogical wars and Manipur with 3 lords across the map is declaring war on me in Malacca with 15 lords.  Also I cannot find any option to make alliance or trade pacts with any other kingdoms when I talk about sending emissary. One more thing I see a financial report with acres listed for each city and assets owned though I cannot buy land as I can in some other mods. So it would be helpful if someone could tell what it is for.

007killer555 said:
It's probably already been mentioned but I noticed when all the Johor Sultanates fiefs have been lost and vassals defect instead of getting destroyed, they remain with 1 village.

I haven't yet defeated the Portuguese, which might fix the issue as it says it's a village of Malacca which is Portuguese owned.
I would like to repeat this. One village that falls under Malacca starts under Johor Sultanate. This makes it impossible for Portuguese AI or player playing as Portuguese Lord to destroy Johor Sultanate. One more suggestion is that can there be a button to take/give all soldiers or at least take/give 10 soldiers on the garrison screen so players don't have to click 50 times to transfer 50 troops of the same type.

please fix this bug:
when you capture a vassal there is an option to eliminate them... but after eliminating a lot of vassals, NOW I AM ENEMY OF MY OWN FACTION!!
o_o like, how? (cool feature to kill vassals though)

Hello i have a weird bug and i dont know how to solve it, i was killing enemy vassals with the trial thing and now it seems im the enemy of my own faction, i have to sneak in my own buildings and it's very weird, please i dont want to start a new game, how may i fix this?

Back
Top Bottom