Native Completed 2v2 North American Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

The_Troubadour said:
I don't think that's very fair. My partner and I have been very active I this tournament. All our opponents have not and I have proven through logs that weare willing to do all our matches. Now we are getting disqualified because other people are lazy.
Just my two cents.
+1

As far as my loser's bracket match goes, i got into contact with Kragen and he wasn't even aware that there was a loser's bracket.
The last thing i told him was "let me know when you guys have time to get the match done" so there's not much i can do if he didn't have the time.

Nord Champion said:
The_Troubadour said:
So uh... What happened

Since no one reported their matches, I'm assuming that no one got them done. We will be making this into a Single-Elim tournament, to end it. The remaining 4 teams in the upper bracket will be all that's left.
TBH i don't think this is fair.
While i would agree that if players do sign up for a tourney they should be committed, the admins should also be pushing players to finish their matches.
The last thing that any admin posted in an attempt to get players to finish there match was on the 12th.
Kohath said:
"Taco Chompers", "garret" and "The Meme Team" are moving on to Losers Round 3. William will update bracket soon.
Have the next set of matches done by the 19th.
There were no other attempts by admins to get players to finish their matches.
At the very least you guys(admins) should have disqualified people at each deadline, but neither was done.

XeleonPrime said:
Nord Champion said:
The_Troubadour said:
So uh... What happened

Since no one reported their matches, I'm assuming that no one got them done. We will be making this into a Single-Elim tournament, to end it. The remaining 4 teams in the upper bracket will be all that's left.
TBH i don't think this is fair.
While i would agree that if players do sign up for a tourney they should be committed, the admins should also be pushing players to finish their matches.
The last thing that any admin posted in an attempt to get players to finish there match was on the 12th.
Kohath said:
"Taco Chompers", "garret" and "The Meme Team" are moving on to Losers Round 3. William will update bracket soon.
Have the next set of matches done by the 19th.
There were no other attempts by admins to get players to finish their matches.
At the very least you guys(admins) should have disqualified people at each deadline, but neither was done.

I can't imagine that setting up a five minute 2v2 match requires strenuous and constant encouragement from admins. If they didn't check it when Kohath posted it, they're not going to check it if we post 1,000 times. Since there is no real penalty, people are not going to take it seriously.

If this was a bigger tournament, I would be posting all over the place, but, seriously, four people? I bet on most days the four people that need to play their match are all online and able to play.

Its hard to disqualify teams when neither side even posts or contacts the admin about their issue with scheduling the match. When I do it randomly or based on score, people start to get mad. Its basically a loose loose.

But, since some are upset about it being single elim instead, I will choose who to disqualify randomly instead. If you are interested in remaining in the tournament, please PM me if you haven't posted already by Thursday, the 2nd. I will start disqualifying until the other team goes against someone who is not going to be disqualified.

Prepare4Penetration [3] - [1] Bowl Cut
3811371CB8D05E1184508B362552B58F34661A84
gfs rgn friends

Back
Top Bottom