PSU Failure

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe. I'm not sure. My computer started up for about half a second, then suddenly cut off. Now it will not even begin the start up process.

I've checked all my external stuff, cords, plugs, sockets, the button itself, all seems fine.

Is there any real way to diagnose the problem?

Swap the suspected part for something that you know works, if it works, you've found your problem.

Does it power on, and stay 'on', without a beep? That means hardware failure - the startup process failed on one or more components in which you might have to consult your motherboard's manual to find out how to tell which part.

It literally will not start at all, not a peep of noise. That's why I'm a little unsure how to proceed. :lol:

As for part swapping, I don't exactly have a spare power source or mother board lying around.

If it doesn't even try then it's probably the power supply and you'll need to replace it. Do you have any old computers lying around that you could salvage? A friend/relatives'?

Aha, I went back to the button while waiting for your input, and somehow one of the little connectors inside of it broke. Shoddy Chinese plastic, or Taiwanese.

Anyway, thankfully it's not my PSU, my computer case just has (had) an overly complicated button, which took me a bit to disassemble.

Thanks for the advice though, Splinter. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom