• Knorr or Byrding -- I have no friends and like slow

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ivan Khan

Knight
What is Your Favorite Ship

Here is my pick:

1. Snekkja - My favorite. Not the fastest (17). Smallest of the warships (27). But, just a handy size -- and I love fighting from them in battles. i think it is the little step in the back, I stand on it and  use missiles in all directions. Easy to move with a small crew in battle. Wide enough to move from stem to stern. just a nice all-around-boat. Cost per man is about 587.

2. Busse - Big (90) perhaps too big, as if you have a small crew (I.E. just Companions) they can hardly be rowed in battle. Plenty of room to move around on in battle though, even with a full crew. And, it is good for missiles to be higher than the enemy. Speed (16) is as fast as you ever really need to go. Cost per man only 424.

3. Skeid - I have a love hate relationship with them. They are fast (20) and carry 55 troops, but are so low and narrow they are a pain to use in a fight. hard to move forward. Easy to fall off the back. Cost per man 491.

4. Karvi - Not too fast (12), but good load of troops for the price (39). Easy to fight from, plenty of room but not too big. I got one as a prize and liked it so much I used tem in a fleet positioned to cross from Britain to Ireland, so my major fleet could just pull into Eidynburh and walk across to the second fleet. Cost per man 472.

Knorr & Byrding are just too small, can't even get on them once I collected my companions. Slow too. not really sure why they are in the game? Cost per man 589 & 823.

Busse, all the way, it's got a huge crew capacity, and reasonable speed.
But, personally, I'd like to have more ships, if you look it up, you'll see that all of the ships in the game, are norse, which screws the roleplaying a bit, if you're playing as anything other than a norseman, let's say, an anglo-saxon, for example

I picked the Busse, but in reality, I'll take any ship larger than a Karvi when I can snag it.

Of course, once you get to Britain, you don't necessarily need a ship to get in on all the action. :smile:

I use a combination of Busse and Snekkja because they are fast and fast helps administer your kingdom and get you to the battles or sieges as soon as possible.

kaiser said:
Busse because then I won't fall off.

Funny. I found the bow and stern of Busse to be more prone to throwing me off than on other ships.

But still, I prefer Busse. Snekkja is small, Skeid is too narrow and long, so I can't get into melee or even poking the enemy with long spear, and rest is too slow and small. Busse is the only ship where I can really choose how will I fight.

3xKarvi = 117 men capacity: including, 112 Danish Elite Vikings, you, Solveig, Asbjorn, Egil and 1 Camp follower = 117 slots used.

I prefer to use smaller ships but in numbers. Karvi is large enough to fight on, and when you have three of them it is easy to take down any fleet, with you taking the lead while the other two ships are attacking from the flanks. 112 Elite Vikings should do the trick in a sea battle, and they are quick to move around on land when you are going to raid villages or moneystaries, Strong enough to take down a few lords. The Campfollower is used to keep the morale of the men up on long sea or marching travels, or after a bloody fight.

Back
Top Bottom