Bug Reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

I started a new campaign game now, and noticed some very queer things different from last game.

Last game, I could almost never find guns for sale in towns.  In this new game, I'm seeing Rifles and odd-looking flintlock pistols I've never seen in the previous game before.

But the real bug problem is:  I cannot pick up weapons from dead enemies after a battle.  This becomes a severe issue when I'm dropped in Tournament rounds with NO WEAPONS and cannot pick up weapons for myself to use.

I've been playing the game for months on high graphics settings without a problem.  Then abruptly today, after I figured out how to equip my custom troops, the game has started crashing mid-battle.

I tried lowering all the settings down, but it's still crashing the same way.

Is there any place I can find a coherent crash log so I can at least see what is causing this?

Also worth nothing, I've been using a lot of cheats to solidify my own starting kingdom.  I used LIKE ME! (dramatic plea) to get some lords over to me.

This only happens in this one save, and not in any other saves or any other mods.

I just picked what the merchants offered in their list... a Bour Coullis thing as armor, and a Bermian Crossbow as a weapon.  I noticed in their inventory that they still keep their original crossbows too (skirmishers)

Plus, this crash re-occurred after loading a save (since I hadn't saved after doing all the customization)

Code:
       (map_free),
       (call_script, "script_music_set_situation_with_culture", mtf_sit_travel),
       #custom troop reload inventory
       (try_begin),
          (troop_get_inventory_slot, ":item", "trp_cattle", 10),
          (eq,":item","itm_no_item"),
          (call_script, "script_reload_custom_troops"),
          (troop_clear_inventory, "trp_cattle"),
          #(display_message, "@Welcome back, {playername}!"),
       (try_end),
This code triggers the custom inventory reload once you load a savegame. Try commenting out the call to script_reload_custom_troops here and see if it still crashes

Just to make clear...

by "commenting out" you mean to basically negate the script code which in this game appears to be with the pound sign?

I did that to what you said and it still crashes

Also, should the modules_simple_Triggers be affecting the scripts.txt file?  Because it's not

Going back to the re-color factions code thing, I only just noticed now that the code you gave me only affects the modules for game menus, and says to Start a presentation regarding recoloring.

Shouldn't the triggers or simple_triggers module have a response code for that to initiate it?  I notice the simple triggers has a code in response to the presentation for renaming kingdoms and such

The text bug fix download links on page 67 are broken. I'd really appreciate if they could either be fixed or if someone could just upload theirs somewhere that I could have so I can actually see my chat log  :roll: lol.

Somebody said:
Open up presentatons.txt, and find budget_report.
Paste this before the first 911 2 ...
prsnt_budget_report 0 52 2
-60.000000  823 902 1 999999 2124 1 1000 6 3 1224979098644774912 648518346341351703 648518346341351711 2204 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 2147483681 3 1224979098644774913 432345564227567633 432345564227567641 1620 2 1224979098644774912 432345564227567618 3 0
Make sure the line spacing is correct. The part in bold is the loop, which should run before the budget report. 823 is the number of operations in that trigger of the presentation, which should be 818 in an unmodified game.

I can't get this to work. Whenever I edit it in notepad and tell it to save it says 'access denied'.

I've been playing this mod for awhile now, but a couple of weeks ago it started crashing every time I went into a battle. Just a few moments after getting into a battle the game crashes.

I looked up fixes and eventually found one that told me to edit a line in an .ini file. The fix was for Vanilla but I was having the same problem as that person was. There was the same line in the .ini for this mod as well. I did it and it didn't work.

I said whatever and quit playing the mod. I tried again today and was met with some small success, and then right back to what it was doing.

The issue occurred randomly, it had never done this and had been working fine the night before in fact. No updates to Warband or teatrc.

I had bought a different polearm, and this started happening a little while later. I switched back to my old polearm just to make sure and it still crashed.

Need more detail than that - what line did you change in module.ini? What polearms were you using/switching between? Crashing after battle sounds like there might be something wrong with the bodyguard code, but I can't be sure.

Somebody said:
Need more detail than that - what line did you change in module.ini? What polearms were you using/switching between? Crashing after battle sounds like there might be something wrong with the bodyguard code, but I can't be sure.
During battle.

The line was disable_moveable_flag_optimization. It was in the module.ini of the mod, it was originally set to = 0. I changed it to = 1.

The polearm I was originally using was a guisarme, the one I switched to was a heavy halberd.

Thank you.

Turn on instancing, load texture on demand from the launcher setup menu. You're probably just running out of memory, since I can't really replicate the issue. Post or PM me the content of the rgl_log.txt file from the Warband directory.

I wasn't able to find instancing, forgive my noob. I did however all ready have load texture on demand on.

Do you want the entire contents of the rgl_log.txt file?

After fixing the "Character using equipment" message spam, I've got another one. It shows this message:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2204: Invalid Party ID: 1000; LINE NO: 9
At script: cf_select_most_profitable_town_at_peace_with_faction_in_trade_route.
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 521: Invalid Party ID: 1000; LINE NO: 20
Then it just spams the three last lines. Sometimes it also change the party ID to 916. I've also destroyed a caravan party once.

EDIT: Also, is there anyway to make it so when I knock out a lord/character/companion in any tournament I receive only half renown and no relation hit?
EDIT2: Nevermind, fixed it with the bugfixes. However, now I have the problem that after beating Sergeant Hershey for Fafniel, I have a quest to return to him but have no option to do so when I speak to him. It also prevents me from getting any other duels.

Back
Top Bottom