Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 9 - Ethnic Instruments

Users who are viewing this thread

<p><em>Hello all! This time around we're bringing you an externally written blog, by the team working on the music for Bannerlord. There are samples from the soundtrack and some detail about what went into creating the authentic feel for the game's OST!</em></p>
<p><strong>Finn Seliger, <a href="http://www.periscopestudio.de" target="_blank">Periscope Studio</a></strong> - With the soundtrack of Mount & Blade 2 one of our main goals was to create a characteristic music piece for each faction – a kind of hymn – that should reflect the faction in terms of culture and attitude.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/11

In my opinion, this can hardly stand up to some of the great soundtracks from "With Fire and Sword" or "Viking Conquest", but they are putting effort in it which is good.
However, I was hoping for some gameplay footage, especially after the little tease they gave us in the last blog.

Maybe not seem like that but music is very important element for the game. Soul of the factions and the feeling of the war with an epic music is a great add. thing so I say

"Bannerlod Dev Blog 473 - Butterflies rendering", 14th September 2132. Still no real news about the game. I keep waiting for a release date since my grandpa told me about this game long ago. My mom says I'm crazy to believe in my grand father's legends. But I still think there could be hope.

:grin:

After three and a half months of frantic refreshing, SOMETHING! I love something! You should have more of something! =]

Am i the only one who turns music off in most games? I just like to hear the battle sounds and nature. Would be nice to see something about the actual gameplay.

06mete said:
Nice work!But i think we need a nomadic music as well .For example something like Altai Kai maybe?

Well the Khuzait soundtrack seemed pretty turkic/nomadic to me.. First seconds I directly thought about horse-archers raiding a caravan in a steppe or something ^^

Tajulek said:
"Bannerlod Dev Blog 473 - Butterflies rendering", 14th September 2132. Still no real news about the game. I keep waiting for a release date since my grandpa told me about this game long ago. My mom says I'm crazy to believe in my grand father's legends. But I still think there could be hope.

:grin:
“You should have acted. They are already here. The TaleWorlds told of their return. Their defeat was merely delay, until the time after Viking Conquest came out, when the sons of Calradia would spill their own blood. But no one wanted to believe, believe they even exist. And when the Dev Blog 9 finally dawned, it dawned in fire. But… there is one they fear in their tongue, he is Dafuqisdis, Soundtrack Blog!”

Willhelm said:
Am i the only one who turns music off in most games? I just like to hear the battle sounds and nature. Would be nice to see something about the actual gameplay.

It depends on the game, but in most I leave it on. In multiplayer I prefer it to be off, including in Warband, but in singleplayer I normally like to have it on. Sometimes I turn it off altogether; I do like to hear battle sound effects so often turn the music volume down in battles (it would be nice if we could set music volume separately for the battle and world maps).

At first I was disappointed since it was "only music" being the kind of player who turns his music off. But after playing certain mods like "New Dawn" I was really enjoying the music the mod provided. I hope Bannerlord's music gives me the same pleasure. It's a good blog.

Back
Top Bottom