B Dark Ages More Pictish painted bodies (Skill-bonuses now added, Save-compatible) for 2.012

Users who are viewing this thread

Ivan Khan said:
Well, hopefully now the DLC is stable and there is only minor tweaking to do we will have the source code with 1.04. And, 1.04 likely sometime in February?

Don't want to get my hopes up about this.

JamesThompson said:
These are nice. Keep up the good work!

Cheers! I put a couple more in the front page spoiler.

kraggrim said:
Now, if I say his name 3 times maybe he'll appear...Matmohair1! Matmohair1! Matmohair1!
:mrgreen:

http://****-k.narod.ru/Historical_Arts/Pictish_Warriors/Pictish_Warriors_01.jpg
http://****-k.narod.ru/Historical_Arts/Pictish_Warriors/Pictish_Warriors_04.jpg
http://****-k.narod.ru/Historical_Arts/Pictish_Warriors/Pictish_Warriors_06.jpg
total_war1407791028_scan2.jpg

%3F%3F%3F11.png

%3F%3F%3F10.png

%3F%3F%3F12.png

d067e4.jpg

081.JPG

082.JPG
200px-Pictish_Beast.svg.png

Would people be interested in a 'cosmetic' release? As in, they'd just function as low level armour (like tunics), without the ritual equipment bonus. Though you could change it to a higher armour value, with the 'ritual bonus' being an excellent weight-to-armour ratio.

Or I can just wait until we get the mod source code, whenever that is. I'll be doing a proper release then either way.

kraggrim said:
Would people be interested in a 'cosmetic' release? As in, they'd just function as low level armour (like tunics), without the ritual equipment bonus. Though you could change it to a higher armour value, with the 'ritual bonus' being an excellent weight-to-armour ratio.

Or I can just wait until we get the mod source code, whenever that is. I'll be doing a proper release then either way.

Depends on how much work it would be. Basically if it was decent light armor with no weight or stamina penalty it would almost be as good.

I am still sticking by my February prediction on source code.

As for Book of Kells, it  may be a little off. From the Western Hebrides and thus more Irish than Pict, but the scroll work and animal representations are rather unique and could be a Pict influence. Columba definitely had monks among the Picts, and their headquarters would have been Iona too pre Viking Invasion.

Wouldn't be much work at all, I've got all the lods set up and item entries created for testing purposes.  I've got 9 male and 1 female bodies created,  maybe half need a few little tweaks to finish off the texture.

About the book of kells, was mostly going to use it for the knot/scroll stuff so no worries there.

Does anyone know how the game selects troop armour? For me it seems to favour items listed earlier in the inventory, but can't be sure.

kraggrim said:
Does anyone know how the game selects troop armour? For me it seems to favour items listed earlier in the inventory, but can't be sure.

In Warband I never noticed it favor anything. If you have enough troops it seems totally random based on the number. Did a test on Khergit Veteran Horse Archers once to see how many got javelins and how many bows. It came out exactly 3:1 which was the ration of them. I also noticed that the armor was the same, though I was not specifically measuring it.

Now, in non-combat representations I have seen it favor the first in the queue, but then that does not matter.

Another WIP
GRpeS.jpg

Has anyone tried it out yet? I'd quite like to know if it's working as intended, all lods in the right place and so on. Seems fine, but it's hard to tell from only my perspective.

Buraht said:
Good Job Sir!, would love to see more pics of picts.

Cheers! Do you mean of the models or in-game shots?

Old-school Byrtenwalda style
DotQm.jpg

And the sleave one finished. I may switch it back to one arm only, what do you guys think?
ztj7Y.jpg

Together in game.
WMrVL.jpg

kraggrim said:
And the sleave one finished. I may switch it back to one arm only, what do you guys think?
ztj7Y.jpg

I think it's better like this, in the two arms :smile:

Great work mate, I'll try it when I finish my exams!

Cheers madrush, that reminds me I have to look into making some pictish faces. No idea how you go about making WB faces though.

Back
Top Bottom