Author Topic: More Pictish painted bodies (Skill-bonuses now added, Save-compatible) for 2.012  (Read 33961 times)

DerHerbst

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: More Pictish painted bodies (WIP)
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 07:42:22 PM »
just right click on your mesh on openbrf and select "recompute tangent dirs"

Cheers, that did it :).  This female variant of the swirly pattern one is dedicated to fedeita.
(click to show/hide)
I'd hit that
Wake early
if you want
another man's life or land.
No lamb
for the lazy wolf.
No battle's won in bed.
--- The Havamal

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 10:00:34 PM »
This one looked good on paper, but now I think it needs work.
(click to show/hide)

Any suggestions guys?

Ivan Khan

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • WBVC
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »
This one looked good on paper, but now I think it needs work.
(click to show/hide)

Any suggestions guys?

I think the general thing is to keep the scale of artwork small, so when put on the body you can see it complete. I can see what you were going for before the body contours ruined it. Make the items half the size (maybe 1/3) and they will look way better on body.

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 03:18:25 AM »
Painted warriors in action:
(click to show/hide)

Bad news though guys.  I remembered I won't be able to make these items 'ritual equipment' (stat increases) until the source code is released. Not without messing up most of the other items' placement anyway (peasants wearing crowns etc).  Like this chap:
(click to show/hide)

For now they'll just have to function as an alternative pictish tunic or something.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:22:43 AM by kraggrim »

Ivan Khan

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 03:27:28 AM »

Bad news though guys.  I remembered I won't be able to make these items 'ritual equipment' (stat increases) until the source code is released. Not without messing up most of the other items' placement anyway (peasants wearing crowns etc).  Like this chap:

Well, hopefully now the DLC is stable and there is only minor tweaking to do we will have the source code with 1.04. And, 1.04 likely sometime in February?

JamesThompson

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 03:47:23 PM »
These are nice. Keep up the good work!

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 04:38:58 PM »
Well, hopefully now the DLC is stable and there is only minor tweaking to do we will have the source code with 1.04. And, 1.04 likely sometime in February?

Don't want to get my hopes up about this.

These are nice. Keep up the good work!

Cheers! I put a couple more in the front page spoiler.

matmohair1

• Marquis
  • LEGENDS NEVER DIE!
    • Steam - matmohair1
    • View Profile
    • Matmohair1's War Cries and Banners
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2015, 06:09:37 AM »
Now, if I say his name 3 times maybe he'll appear...Matmohair1! Matmohair1! Matmohair1!
:mrgreen:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:21:33 AM by matmohair1 »

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 02:11:40 PM »
Thanks dude :D

By the way folks, have a look at http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/home/index.php?DRIS_ID=MS58_003v. Roughly Viking Conquest time period too.

Can anyone upload an unmodified 1.03 troops.txt and item_kinds1.txt?  I've been **** about with the files a lot and forgot to make backups.

mike56

• Master Knight
  • Caballeros de Calradia admin
    • View Profile
    • Caballeros de Calradia
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: CdC_mikeboix
  • WBNWWF&SM&BVC
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2015, 02:31:09 PM »

(click to show/hide)
Oh my, Jesus christ was a pictish warrior?

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »
Would people be interested in a 'cosmetic' release? As in, they'd just function as low level armour (like tunics), without the ritual equipment bonus. Though you could change it to a higher armour value, with the 'ritual bonus' being an excellent weight-to-armour ratio.

Or I can just wait until we get the mod source code, whenever that is. I'll be doing a proper release then either way.

Ivan Khan

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 09:06:15 PM »
Would people be interested in a 'cosmetic' release? As in, they'd just function as low level armour (like tunics), without the ritual equipment bonus. Though you could change it to a higher armour value, with the 'ritual bonus' being an excellent weight-to-armour ratio.

Or I can just wait until we get the mod source code, whenever that is. I'll be doing a proper release then either way.

Depends on how much work it would be. Basically if it was decent light armor with no weight or stamina penalty it would almost be as good.

I am still sticking by my February prediction on source code.

As for Book of Kells, it  may be a little off. From the Western Hebrides and thus more Irish than Pict, but the scroll work and animal representations are rather unique and could be a Pict influence. Columba definitely had monks among the Picts, and their headquarters would have been Iona too pre Viking Invasion.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:10:28 PM by Ivan Khan »

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 09:38:47 PM »
Wouldn't be much work at all, I've got all the lods set up and item entries created for testing purposes.  I've got 9 male and 1 female bodies created,  maybe half need a few little tweaks to finish off the texture.

About the book of kells, was mostly going to use it for the knot/scroll stuff so no worries there.

Does anyone know how the game selects troop armour? For me it seems to favour items listed earlier in the inventory, but can't be sure.

Ivan Khan

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • WBVC
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 12:03:25 AM »

Does anyone know how the game selects troop armour? For me it seems to favour items listed earlier in the inventory, but can't be sure.

In Warband I never noticed it favor anything. If you have enough troops it seems totally random based on the number. Did a test on Khergit Veteran Horse Archers once to see how many got javelins and how many bows. It came out exactly 3:1 which was the ration of them. I also noticed that the armor was the same, though I was not specifically measuring it.

Now, in non-combat representations I have seen it favor the first in the queue, but then that does not matter.

kraggrim

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Re: More Pictish painted bodies (Cosmetic Release 25/01/2015)
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »
Cosmetic version released.