Diplomacy for 1.174

Users who are viewing this thread

Somebody said:
There's a debug menu: turn on cheat mode, right click on the town and detach them from the center, and kill them off so they respawn.
Does "kill them off" mean attack and defeat, or is there a cheat key combination to press? I detached them from every town and castle, but didn't bother running after and defeating them, so it seems the problem hasn't been solved. I still see some of them sitting with (1) in towns. Also, if there is no cheat to kill, how do I get my lords to start doing something?
Thanks for your work, mate.

Vrishnak92 said:
I just thought of this, but I know that the lords have a harder time receiving reinforcements if they don't have any income & have exhausted what they have, you don't think this would be he case for them, do you?
That's an interesting idea ... If that's true, it might explain my situation. Right now, I hold almost every castle I conquered, and all cities, giving my vassals only villages. Two or three have a castle. Maybe villages don't bring enough profit.

The other explanation would be that there is a conflict (or something missing) concerning player faction troops (this is under the assumption these lords are yours)

It's applied to other NPCs as well. They're probably losing their wealth somehow, but there's a restriction to their spending budget for the new features implemented (upgrading centers/their item quality) and it hasn't been reported before I made some changes to village raiding.

Sympathy88 said:
Somebody said:
There's a debug menu: turn on cheat mode, right click on the town and detach them from the center, and kill them off so they respawn.
Does "kill them off" mean attack and defeat, or is there a cheat key combination to press? I detached them from every town and castle, but didn't bother running after and defeating them, so it seems the problem hasn't been solved. I still see some of them sitting with (1) in towns. Also, if there is no cheat to kill, how do I get my lords to start doing something?
Thanks for your work, mate.
Detach them and either remove their party or reinforce them from the right click menu.

I find that some lords I attempt to rescue are actually hostile to me if I attempt to break them out - leading to an inability to "rescue" them because there's still a hostile enemy in town...  :party:

Somebody said:
That's a Native bug unfortunately.
Alasdair said:
I find that some lords I attempt to rescue are actually hostile to me if I attempt to break them out - leading to an inability to "rescue" them because there's still a hostile enemy in town...  :party:

This is quite the April fools joke....

Somebody said:
That's a Native bug unfortunately.

:lol: Somehow I'd managed to avoid it in previous versions of Warband. Oh well. Stupid lords can't quite seem to get their acts together no matter what settings/version/ai changes.

For example, with both Diplomacy settings on "high" or "medium" changes I end up with lots of lords standing around in town without armies. Perhaps this is because the AI seems far more interested in raiding villages than taking castles or, Empire forbid, cities? So the lords that only have villages seem to end up in a vicious circle: get raided -> lose gold each time + village becomes very poor -> can't generate gold long enough to raise an army -> can't stop raids on villages.

Does that make sense to other people? If anyone else has seen this behavior with Diplomacy 1.168, any settings you've found to change it? Am I "stuck" now that the minor lords lack enough gold to jump start their armies?

Lord of Shadows said:
The only way to "fix it" is to save right when you're about to rescue him, restart the game and try again.

(My) memory works in funny ways, doesn't it? I didn't remember the bug at all but when you mention saving before every rescue that definitely rings a bell. Perhaps I only saw the bug in action once or twice (or never?) before I started saving each time and could more or less forget about the problem.

Somebody said:
It's a pretty major bug, but I'll be busy for the next few weeks due to exams. In the meantime just reinforce them with the party cheat menu.

Is there a faster way to reinforce parties that you can't catch outside a town (IE right click) that to right click a random party -> "Inspect" -> "Dump all slot values" and start clicking through one-by-one looking for lords' parties that appear empty? I've tried a few other things but I'm at the point where I'm either missing something obvious or have already found the best work-around. 4,284 parties to click through...  :lol:

I dislike double posting but I could use a hint and my last post was some time ago, so...

How does one send one's spouse/wife home after asking her to join my party? I can't find an obvious option for this, nor did I find anything in the diplomacy cheats menu. All I wanted her in the party for was to change her outfit; I don't need a spare (and poorly suited for specializing) party member.

I guess I could export/import tweak her a bit (get her starting stats to player equivalent maybe, then move forward with levels from there) if there is nothing else to be done right now.

-------------------

The method I mentioned above is working okay-ish for reinforcing castle/city-less lords for now... just wish the game kept parties a bit more organized! I'd reinforce the lords' parties at logical times (IE nation at peace or lord has been at a center for a long time) if I could, but right now that would be so much headache I just hit all 1/1 lords at the same time.

Could someone tell me what the new "classes" at character creation screen bring? I've done some testing and come up with some results, but I'd really like to know the complete picture.
Much obliged, guys!

1)
Fleeting memory:
str+1, int+2, cha+1, woun+1, pris+1, lead+1
2)
Mummer:
int+1, cha+1, athl+1, ridi+1
Courtier:
agi+1, cha+2, weap+1, pers+1
Unexpected heir:
int+1, cha+2, tact+1, lead+1
Cleric acolyte:
agi+1, int+1, cha+1, surg+1, firs+1, lead+1
3)
Travelling bravo
str+1, pwrs+1, shie+1
Sellsword
agi+1, weap+1, shie+1
Itinerant preacher
str+1, cha+1, shie+1, woun+1, surg+1, firs+1
4)
Religious fervor:
cha+1, woun+1

Bug:
When you ask the guildmaster "What's up with all the wars in Calradia, he answers everything properly, but the messages appears: "SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCDE" etc.

Possible bug?:
The "Castellan" bonus doesn't apply to the player when he only owns a town and no castles. "Castellan" may be a strange name for a bonus applied to an owner of a town, but I think it is stranger yet that a (walled + castle/keep-containing) town owner wouldn't get at least the bonus to maximum troops that a castle owner does. Doesn't this bonus apply to NPC town owners? Or am I mistaken?

Sympathy88 said:
Could someone tell me what the new "classes" at character creation screen bring? I've done some testing and come up with some results, but I'd really like to know the complete picture.
Much obliged, guys!
There's another post on this board where I've typed out some of the bonuses.
Alasdair said:
Possible bug?:
The "Castellan" bonus doesn't apply to the player when he only owns a town and no castles. "Castellan" may be a strange name for a bonus applied to an owner of a town, but I think it is stranger yet that a (walled + castle/keep-containing) town owner wouldn't get at least the bonus to maximum troops that a castle owner does. Doesn't this bonus apply to NPC town owners? Or am I mistaken?
Working as intended
Code:
        #party takes additional 20 limit per each castle its party leader owns
        (try_for_range, ":cur_center", castles_begin, castles_end),
          (party_slot_eq, ":cur_center", slot_town_lord, ":party_leader"),
          (val_add, ":limit", dplmc_castle_party_bonus),
        (try_end),
I'm currently in the process of looking into the stuck lords, can anybody verify that all their wealth is stuck at -3? Talk to them, type cheatmenu in console, then navigate to slot 11.

Index 11 is -3 for ~8 different army-less lords at 6 different centers that I've spoken to so far, including three that I think I reinforced too little last time I did the rounds; they haven't moved from their centers since then in spite of having ~25 soldiers in their parties.

Not willing to leave safety and collect taxes at their properties without an army of strength X (isn't that one of those player-level dependent variables, or was that just native)? Character level 31 if that matters at all.

Somebody said:
Sympathy88 said:
Much obliged, guys!
There's another post on this board where I've typed out some of the bonuses.
Alasdair said:
Possible bug?:
Working as intended
Code:
        #party takes additional 20 limit per each castle its party leader owns
        (try_for_range, ":cur_center", castles_begin, castles_end),
          (party_slot_eq, ":cur_center", slot_town_lord, ":party_leader"),
          (val_add, ":limit", dplmc_castle_party_bonus),
        (try_end),
I'm currently in the process of looking into the stuck lords, can anybody verify that all their wealth is stuck at -3? Talk to them, type cheatmenu in console, then navigate to slot 11.

So, what's going on with lord wealth?

Back
Top Bottom