LSP Kit Campaign KAOS Political KIT 1.5 Updated

Users who are viewing this thread

This kit adds a the following features to the game. All credit goes to the original authors for the included works. Rebellion and civil war does apply to the player faction the same as it is applied to the npc factions. I have done bug testing but have not played an extended game with the kit to catch all bugs.

New version 1.5 uploaded to fix several issues.

DOWNLOAD HERE

included in a released mod here

Uploaded a compiled version with latest Diplomacy from repository  , copy the native folder under modules and rename it then extract the compiled zip into this directory over writing all files.

Readme now includes instructions for manually mergering with latest diplomacy source, a merged version of the source is uploaded as well.

FEATURES

• Start as a vassal of a faction
  • Start as a King of a faction
  • Claimants rebel
  • Factions can suffer from civil war
  • Political World Map
  • Change faction Color’s
  • Royal Children titles eg prince princess
  • Kings now have children with in the faction
  • Custom party name
  • Custom dynamic titles
  • Change a factions titles to another faction
  • Custom player faction titles
  • Apply custom player faction titles to other factions
  • Defeated factions can return
  • Custom lord notes
  • Dynamic King titles dependent on how many centers controlled
  • Dynamic faction renaming depending on number of centers held
  • Starting as king gives you siblings
  • Kings get reputation types
  • Start as Prince
  • Limited choices for character creation
  • Expanded character creation options commented out code
  • Add dialog to tavern travelers to provide faction of unfound companions
  • Troop notes now include Kings in relations
  • Can make use of Caba`drin Merchant's Trade Ledger during creation of characters (Merchant trade ledger not included)
  • Improved Presentation for setting mod options
Version Info
  o Fixed faction issue in trigger
  o Fixed grammar errors in presentation
  o Fixed install instructions for missing constant edit
  o Added option to start as prince
  o Updated manual install instructions
  o Fixed script call issues that affected title
  o Moved options to script and called the script latter in character creation
  o Uncommented other starting options
  o Applied limits to character creation choices
  o Troop notes now show kings under family for prince
  o Added weight to player score for marriage if prince or king start
    o Fixed Dynamic title errors
    o Fixed dynamic kingdom name errors
    o Adjusted titles code
    o Added additional title and kingdom strings
    o    Added new meeting dialogs for prince to lords and kings
    o    Don’t allow ask lasting alliance with parents.
    o    Fixed incorrect script try_end’s
    o    Corrected install instructions for dialogs
    o    Fixed presentation to prevent use of custom and dynamic titles.
    o    Fixed some minor code mistypes

Screen Shots
5971-1-1421043800.jpg
5971-2-1421043800.jpg
5971-3-1421043800.jpg
5971-4-1421043800.jpg
5971-5-1421043801.jpg
5971-1-1421043833.jpg
5971-2-1421043834.jpg
Feedback, questions and/or possible ways to improve are welcome, please see the forum thread.

CREDIT No permission required, just give me credit, and feel free to use it in your mods. I would be happy to receive a message if used in any mods, thanks.

Do not redistribute in any form, in any commercial form or sell in any way.

CREDITS
  • Rubik World Map
  • Rubik restoration begin
  • Caba`drin Custom Player Party Name
  • Caba`drin Custom Player Kingdom Vassal Titles
  • Lav custom lord notes
  • Duh change faction colors
  • Jrider – Dynamic titles

Looking very cool.

A few questions:
How does the civil war/claimant rebellion work?
If you start as king, would the old Native king become a claimant, or the old claimant would remain as claimant and the old king would not exist?

The Dark Robin said:
Looking very cool.

A few questions:
How does the civil war/claimant rebellion work?
If you start as king, would the old Native king become a claimant, or the old claimant would remain as claimant and the old king would not exist?

When you start as a king the old king no longer exists but the claimant still exists.

rebellion is random chance modified by faction fracturing. the more fractured a faction is the higher the chance of a rebellion after a random number of days. Once the rebellion starts the claimant converts to a king/queen and gets one of the original factions cities. A number of lords then defect to the rebellion based on their controversy and relation to their current liege.

Civil war is worked on if 40% or more of lords in a faction become very unhappy with their liege they will start a new faction to goto war with the old one

Wanted to code most of these features for my own mod, thanks for doing the work :smile:

Will be happy to credit you and wanna say thank you again.

Edit: What is the Trigger doing?

keinPlan86m said:
Wanted to code most of these features for my own mod, thanks for doing the work :smile:

Will be happy to credit you and wanna say thank you again.

Edit: What is the Trigger doing?
Its a bit of code I forgot to remove i was using it to fix some issues with the code but managed to do it cleanly and properly within the code. I am removing the code from the file now.

I am kinda curious on if someone made it a playable module yet or even how to merge modules. This does seem like an awesome concept but I'm not very adept at making modules or even merging modules.

This is pure awesomeness. I do have a question, however. Scratch that.

There seems to be a handful of grammatical errors, which I personally think should be fixed. I respect that english is not your native language, nor is it mine, but I'm kind of a perfectionist, and I think the errors should be fixed :razz:

It's very nicely done, though.

Reus said:
This is pure awesomeness. I do have a question, however.

There seems to be a handful of grammatical errors, which I personally think should be fixed. I respect that english is not your native language, nor is it mine, but I'm kind of a perfectionist, and I think the errors should be fixed :razz:

grammer isnt one of my strong suits :razz:

Reus said:
This is pure awesomeness. I do have a question, however.

actually looking it over this can be cleaned and modmerged in a day.  Trimming issues with diplomacy and testing would be another 2 days.
I don't see it as difficult to add.  The source is fairly clean to read and looks to be useful.  Its modmerger ready.  For diplomacy there may be some collisions or duplication but if so those portions could be commented out quickly.

I'm busy atm but I'll make an in house merged version for you Reus around the end of Jan.

- GS
=====
EDIT:  finally got around to adding it onto a base code of Phosphor v20 r4.  Time needed: 1 1/2 days.
  Only reason it needed that much was Perisno/Phosphor starts with 11 kingdoms and after adding rebels and former kingdoms it had issues, so trimmed the kingdoms a bit and it's working fairly well.  I'll probably spend 1 full day tuning it further to blend with our not-very-native setup.
  re-edit.  A week later and I'm still tuning titles, because we have more races than human and non humans need special handling for fetching sex and plural names.  Normal mods would not need so much effort.

Seams to work with diplomacy, the new factions start wars, make trade agrements, alliances and everything else.
Got the chamberlain and everything when i started as a king.

Running a testgame atm, since 1,5h sitting in the tavern. It's fun to watch the Rhodok fight each other and then see the Swadians grow until they broke apart. War everywhere.

WOW. Great stuff. I have an idea though:

1) Make it possible for players and NPCs to have children in-game. These children could become soldiers, Lords, Ladies, etc.

I agree that there are some egregious grammar mistakes. "tittles"  :grin:

The actual mechanics, however, are flawless.

Lionheart2 said:
1) Make it possible for players and NPCs to have children in-game. These children could become soldiers, Lords, Ladies, etc.
You'd probably have to tweak aging a bit, and that may or may not take a while to do.

Apart from that, you might have to create a female child and male child as "gender" types. Then you'd need new models, textures and so o.n

Does it work with PBOD mod? Don't get me wrong, the concept would have me replaying it till my Steam copy of the game is ruined. XD I enjoy having more tactical role in combat than just "CHARGE, and pray you win!" If it does, AWESOME! Still going to keep an eye on this mod to see what new features this guy comes up with.

Shadowtim3 said:
Does it work with PBOD mod? Don't get me wrong, the concept would have me replaying it till my Steam copy of the game is ruined. XD I enjoy having more tactical role in combat than just "CHARGE, and pray you win!" If it does, AWESOME! Still going to keep an eye on this mod to see what new features this guy comes up with.
Hi atm I am not sure if it works with PBOD I haven't compiled it with their source code.

My Mod has a Diplomacy & PBOD Mod as base and i copied the code manually, to see what it does where, and it never touched anything PBOD related. Works fine for me.

keinPlan86m said:
My Mod has a Diplomacy & PBOD Mod as base and i copied the code manually, to see what it does where, and it never touched anything PBOD related. Works fine for me.
Thanks for the information its nice to know it doesn't touch any of the code they do.
Would your mod be Mercantilism Mod by any chance ?

Back
Top Bottom