LSP Kit Campaign KAOS Political KIT 1.5 Updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Sounds like you're mod is going to be one of the most popular since the Diplomacy and PBOD were merged together, Laz. That is awesome!

Reus said:
Lionheart2 said:
1) Make it possible for players and NPCs to have children in-game. These children could become soldiers, Lords, Ladies, etc.
You'd probably have to tweak aging a bit, and that may or may not take a while to do.

Apart from that, you might have to create a female child and male child as "gender" types. Then you'd need new models, textures and so o.n

I see what you are thinking... but it would be code-based, not like that. So you would have a kid (or kids) and you would be able to "raise" him/her through a menu. Then, when the children of you, Lords, and Kings come of age, a new NPC will be spawned with the child's name.

Shadowtim3 said:
I am kinda curious on if someone made it a playable module yet or even how to merge modules. This does seem like an awesome concept but I'm not very adept at making modules or even merging modules.
Uploaded a compiled version with Diplomacy 4.1 , copy the native folder under modules and rename it then extract the compiled zip into this directory over writing all files. see the download page on the first post.

lazeras said:
Shadowtim3 said:
I am kinda curious on if someone made it a playable module yet or even how to merge modules. This does seem like an awesome concept but I'm not very adept at making modules or even merging modules.
Uploaded a compiled version with Diplomacy 4.1 , copy the native folder under modules and rename it then extract the compiled zip into this directory over writing all files. see the download page on the first post.

Why 4.1? I'm sure you have your reasons but 4.2 is out there and easy to get.

Lionheart2 said:
lazeras said:
Shadowtim3 said:

Why 4.1? I'm sure you have your reasons but 4.2 is out there and easy to get.

because i dont use diplomacy and dont have the code for it sitting around

I ported what should be the latest version of diplomacy over to 1.165. Original source code is from Assembla.
Also I did some prodding with the world map rubik coded a while ago. I'm still working on making it lag less (and actually be zoomable) but let me know if you want to try making it more interactive.
map2.jpg
map1.jpg

Somebody said:
I ported what should be the latest version of diplomacy over to 1.165. Original source code is from Assembla.
Also I did some prodding with the world map rubik coded a while ago. I'm still working on making it lag less (and actually be zoomable) but let me know if you want to try making it more interactive.
map2.jpg
map1.jpg
I like that you are expanding this, would it be possible for you to also make the political map to be more pleasant to look at? For example, you can see how the borders are done in real world political maps:
europe-map.gif
And those blocky borders don't look the best in my opinion.

It's the problem with the resolution at which the terrain is sampled. Doesn't matter if the original mountain poly is a jagged mess, that part's getting turned into a square. Anyway, let's not derail this thread.

Somebody said:

Awesome i will look at that code this afternoon I am actually just working on this kit adding in option to start as prince and cleaning up some mistakes

All I need is "Claimants rebels", "Factions can suffer from civil war" and "Political World Map" features. Can't I apply only these three to my mod which I still work on :sad:

Back
Top Bottom