[NC2015] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

g5v1DjH.png

If you have any suggestions for the current or future nations cup please feel free to post below! As always we encourage any constructive criticism, so don't be afraid to share it, if you have any.

Hi NC2015 team,

I was taking a look at this thread and a few questions come to mind.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Can we get the topview with flag spawns from each map with its current version that is going to be played in the NC2015
[*]Can the WNL servers be updated to the maps being played so we can practise
[*]Can a NC or WNL mod be made with the latest maps for admins to be downloaded?
[*]Is NC2015 gonna lock down with admin ID's?
[/list]

Thanks

Windle said:
Hi NC2015 team,

I was taking a look at this thread and a few questions come to mind.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Can we get the topview with flag spawns from each map with its current version that is going to be played in the NC2015
[*]Can the WNL servers be updated to the maps being played so we can practise
[*]Can a NC or WNL mod be made with the latest maps for admins to be downloaded?
[*]Is NC2015 gonna lock down with admin ID's?
[/list]

1. is already in progress
2. also in progress

Windle said:
4. Is NC2015 gonna lock down with admin ID's?
Aeronwen said:
§ 3 Tournament Rules
3.1  Every captain and vice-captain will receive an admin through an ID system (like the one used in WNL). 

Answered my own question there for people who read this and were wondering.

Aeronwen said:
§ 4 Match Rules

4.3  Due to the nature of the tournament, matches may end in draws. Should the match be a draw after the final round has been played then a symmetrical map will be used. The setup will be the following:

4. In case of home/away (i.e. USA vs UK) the map will be played on the away server and then the same set up will be played on a home server. The winner will be determined total won between total rounds won.

4.9  All matches must be played on dedicated "NC_" servers.

2. In the event of a home/away system being in place, the advised system to use is a 4-4-4-4 system; this would mean that a team plays four rounds on an away server as the map 'defenders' (second spawn), then plays four rounds on a home            server as the map 'attackers' (first spawn), then plays four rounds on an away server as the next map's 'defenders' and finally plays four more rounds on a home server as the map's 'attackers'. If both teams agree, they may deviate from this              system. 

I suggest having the teams play attacker and defender on one server first.
Then moving across the ocean to do the attacker and defender on that server.
This prevents teams to switch server every 4 rounds.

Regarding rule 4.3: Does this mean that the teams facing each other only have 1 map to play over 16 rounds? "the map will be played on the away server and then the same set up will be played on a home server".
A lot of confusion going on about these rules in my opinion.

This guy can do more than ddosing, yesterday i was in IG_BG, everyone in server were set immortal.He was not even in server, moreover server announced that it has been done by a guy without admin permission, eventhough he has done nothing

Guy Fawkes said:
This guy can do more than ddosing, yesterday i was in IG_BG, everyone in server were set immortal.He was not even in server, moreover server announced that it has been done by a guy without admin permission, eventhough he has done nothing

That's another matter, wasn't him.

Problem is, we can IP ban each and every IP he uses, but until TW fixes the problem, we'll be able to get DoS'd at any time (note: not even DDoS, just DoS).

I hope threats like this opens the company's eyes to the fact that there's a problem with their game, where the game talks to the server (not 100% in what way - it seems to be a problem where the server and the source communicates in some way, that gets spammed heavily - which doesn't even require DoS, just DDoS - IG_BG is DDoS safe, but not safe from "legit join packages" which is the current reason why we can't protect ourselves).

If it's not fixed soon, then they'll most likely lose more than one player, that's for sure - since if not, we can't even run tournaments. :cry:

Windle said:
Regarding rule 4.3: Does this mean that the teams facing each other only have 1 map to play over 16 rounds? "the map will be played on the away server and then the same set up will be played on a home server".
A lot of confusion going on about these rules in my opinion.

Rule 4.3 is about the tie-breaker only.

We are trying to get the servers up and running asap, as well as the Admin Mod.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you may now calm down and leave, all you have been trolled by me. I did never DDoS anything, and for sure I am not going to do such thing. I saw a topic on TW and found it to be a good opportunity to troll you idiots, who of course would  believe it was me who did that and started to rage at me, since this entire community hates me after the ECS final. I`ll say this clear to each and everyone of you, I dont give a fucк about what you think about me, I had some great laughs from that thread (The End of Warband is Nigh!! ), and from retards like Ceasar, Scar, etc...

Guy Fawkes said:

This post here perfectly displays how the community treats me. [sarcasm mod on} IMMORTAL MOD ON IG - OFC, ITS ARNI!!! PRESIEDENT KENNEDY WAS KILLED - OFC, ITS ARNI!!! [sarcasm mod off}

Golodir1 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, you may now calm down and leave, all you have been trolled by me. I did never DDoS anything, and for sure I am not going to do such thing. I saw a topic on TW and found it to be a good opportunity to troll you idiots, who of course would  believe it was me who did that and started to rage at me, since this entire community hates me after the ECS final. I`ll say this clear to each and everyone of you, I dont give a fucк about what you think about me, I had some great laughs from that thread (The End of Warband is Nigh!! ), and from retards like Ceasar, Scar, etc...

Honestly, you made probably made me laugh more then otherwise, even this message is kinda funny XD

Vivar said:
I would appreciate it to not ban Arni. I think atleast the important parts of what he says are true.
Ur nuts.

I think the relevant part of that conversation is the suggestion of having a plan in place if someone, Arni, or whoever decided they want to DDoS an NC match preventing it from being played, on any of the official servers

Oliveran said:
Guy Fawkes said:

Problem is, we can IP ban each and every IP he uses, but until TW fixes the problem , we'll be able to get DoS'd at any time (note: not even DDoS, just DoS).

I hope threats like this opens the company's eyes to the fact that there's a problem with their game, where the game talks to the server (not 100% in what way - it seems to be a problem where the server and the source communicates in some way, that gets spammed heavily - which doesn't even require DoS, just DDoS - IG_BG is DDoS safe, but not safe from "legit join packages" which is the current reason why we can't protect ourselves).

If it's not fixed soon, then they'll most likely lose more than one player, that's for sure - since if not, we can't even run tournaments. :cry:
So TW has to fix the issue? There's not alot we as community can do? Am I getting that right?

Le Roux said:
Oliveran said:
Guy Fawkes said:

Problem is, we can IP ban each and every IP he uses, but until TW fixes the problem (which I've reported + a supposed TW-dev according to my secret source, tells me they'll "look into it"), we'll be able to get DoS'd at any time (note: not even DDoS, just DoS).

So TW has to fix the issue? There's not alot we as community can do? Am I getting that right?

Correct, as a community all we can do really is shun him and ban all his known ID's.

As for what we're going to do about him for Nations Cup, we're still discusisng it.

Back
Top Bottom