Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

Users who are viewing this thread

I was thinking about the military part of the game. I don't know if this possible what here's what i was thinking about:

You could start as a normal line soldier or whatever, like in freelancer(I know Docm thinks, it's pointless), then you get renown, get promoted. On smaller ranks, you wouldn't be allowed to lead large number of troops, so it would make sense to stay with your lord and you could get command of a few people inside that lords army(e.g. 5 men as a sergeant or so). If you do good, you get higher ranks, till you reach the level, you can raise and lead your own troops and there you go. This way it would be more realistic
Once you have your own army, you could give and troops to your npcs(or hire officers) to build an army quicker and this could help against the scattering formations, when you're down(like they'd take over command)
It would be nice as well, if you could hire trained reserve troops.(like go to military depot, talk to the guy and get 10-20 Grenadiers, Fussilier etc.)

How about more choices for artillery? Rockets for morale suppression, howitzers and mortars for hilly terrain and forest, and so on. I can't imagine a game like this can only have 3 options.
Also, can anyone conform whether artillery would show up in sieges? I haven't tried sieges yet.

How about letting you get trained troops for free but you will be occupied by military duty (patrol around the border, scout the area, raid a village etc) so you won't have time to properly earn money. You won't always get replenished by High Command and it is more difficult to save money to replenish your troops. 

Mosin-Nagant said:

Cossacks are already in the game. Other than that all the units you listed had already disappeared from the battlefield by the time of the Napoleonic Wars, mainly due to people like Peter the Great who modernised the Russian military.

I'd be happy to see American / Canadian soldiers that would be nice to see. Now if even there would be US faction that would be awesome but yeah I doubt it.

I'll echo my earlier sentiment in adding traditional hungarian wrangler and highwaymen clothing.
betyar_.jpg

Nike_Felmaraton_betyar.jpg

Martos-Gabor.jpg

Martos-G%C3%A1bor-2.jpg

9_csarda_elott_15_20100721110955_587.jpg

betyarok_1_304_20100721110832_177.jpg

csikoso_584_20100721110809_432.jpg
For further reference; black was worn by the most stylish highwaymen, while blue and white was more popular among wranglers and villagers. Of course there was no strict code for dressing, it was more a result of common sense. The most unique features of the wranglers and highwaymen were their belts and caps. The hats had straps so they wouldn't fly off while breaking in wild horses and it had it's brims looping upwards. Feathers were often worn with the hat. The belt on the other hand - I have no idea why they had it. Probably to keep their loose clothing from getting caught in something?
00023931.jpeg
02050.jpg

I'd like to also endorse adding more folk clothing and relevant items. I won't bore you with text, so instead I'll give you pictures!
1-219a.jpg
While the illustration is from somewhere the mid-20th century, this furcap has been with our people since the very beginning of the christian state, only recently losing fame due to the constant waves of Americanization. It is made of many materials and it comes in many shapes and colors - With a flat top or round and with colors from black through blonde to black.
matyokalap.jpg

matyo.jpg

borsod_viselet.jpg

Kalapos%20Mihalk%C3%B3%20Gyula_Maty%C3%B3%20kalap%20NIK_1138_Lisztes%20L%C3%A1szl%C3%B3_resize.jpg

Extremely colorful and vibrant, the traditional garb of the Matyó people living within the peninsula was either regarded as ridiculous, flamboyant or wicked hot.
fokos-ii-21223.jpg

cserkesz_fokos_3.jpg

I already told you people a lot about this weapon, so I guess you are bored of my litany by now. Comes in ornate and plain styles.
jky_20050428-111044.jpg

This is how real bacon looks like, people. The favorite food of Eastern Europe!
Joseph_B%C3%B6ss_Mak%C3%B3i_n%C3%A9pviselet.jpg

Egervid%C3%A9ki_lakosok.jpg

Torock%C3%B3i_N%C3%A9pviselet.jpg
1539_Costume_20.png

1540_Costume_30.png

1541_Costume_40.png

1542_Costume_60.png

1543_Costume_100.png

1544_Costume_170.png

1545_Costume_200.png

1546_Costume_250.png

Derpingtonpryce said:
Mosin-Nagant said:

Cossacks are already in the game. Other than that all the units you listed had already disappeared from the battlefield by the time of the Napoleonic Wars, mainly due to people like Peter the Great who modernised the Russian military.
Yes, but not for in the Russian army, for in my army.  :grin:

thebattalion said:
The ability to train/recruit NCOs to your party to command a regiment/squad. For example, in real life we have platoon leaders, squad leaders, fire team leaders, so the ability to add NCOs would be cool

I'm fairly sure in 1809 there weren't any on the above aside from NCOs I think

It would be nice to have a musket, pistol & sword as loadout but the limit of 4 equipment slots makes it impossible to carry ammunition for a musket and pistol as well as sword. Easiest solution would be to add a new ammunition object that's called cartridge pouch or something which can be used by both muskets and pistols.
While on this topic, it may be nice to make use of some of the unused skills such as power throw to introduce other musket/pistol and associated skills. For example a gunsmithing skill to craft superior weapons or a kit you can buy to cast your own musket balls etc.

Something I'd really like would be giving orders when knocked out. At least, a standard order when you are knocked out. As of now your troops may act completely stupid and you will have to tab out when three enemies left or so, because they are fighting from 1000 meters and will not charge.

Othurin said:
Something I'd really like would be giving orders when knocked out. At least, a standard order when you are knocked out. As of now your troops may act completely stupid and you will have to tab out when three enemies left or so, because they are fighting from 1000 meters and will not charge.
The "Charge when KOd" option from PBOD still works.

A different solution for the item slot problem would be to add a multi-shot pistol that can be carried as a holdout weapon. Like a pepperbox revolver or somesuch. I'm fairly certain they were around during that time.

Also, I'll repeat my suggestion of adding someone in the military depots that can take POW's off your hands instead of the ransom brokers that are often a pain to find. And it'd be more fitting of the time anyhow.

I would like to see irregular troops for every faction, more variety of bandits and more city life: banks, buying and renting houses, also cultural life (theatre?) as a way to climb up social positions.
I would like to see the napoleonic satellite states acting as a block with France, and a change in the AI, to something more centralized, i think Rallix made a thread about that and I found it fine.

Teofish said:
Also, I'll repeat my suggestion of adding someone in the military depots that can take POW's off your hands instead of the ransom brokers that are often a pain to find. And it'd be more fitting of the time anyhow.

+1. It's really painfull when you never find one after visiting 7 cities...

SolidXerm, do you have any images of that kind of peasant clothing from the 18th or first half of the 19th centuries? I don't know about that stuff in particular, but modern versions of peasant clothing such as Alpine Tracht are like cartoon caricatures of what was traditionally worn. So I need contemporary images.

General K said:
Well I certainly cannot see multiplayer version anytime soon and to be honest I am glad single player came first because this is the best by far out of any Napoleonic era mods out there. The fine detail, extra features and so on among other things which will be added over time.

Multiplayer can wait, Napoleonic wars came first alongside Mount and Musket so that will always be suffice, as for the community, I have no idea what people would end up playing more so to speak. NW or L'aigle....

L'aigle more then likely has more players then NW at the moment. If you watched duing the 31st, the moddb page spiked so much that we crashed the entire site.

Being able to recruit the Brunswickers from their town of  Braunschweig. Since the Corps was raised by the Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel.

Back
Top Bottom