Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meelis13

Recruit
Saw this mod doesnt have any and well, why not have it? i think it would be convinient for modders.

Anyhow, heres my suggestion- if possible, maybe let player when creating own nation to have flag creator- i.e basically give few blank templates for new flags (such as vertical/horisontal tricolor and nordic cross variants for example). I personally would like to create Estonia hundred or so years earlier...

I know exactly what you're going to think/say "oh, the mp side of this mod will only happen much later, we should focus on single player first!", but, seeing as I had this idea recently and for fear of forgetting it, here goes: Is there a chance some kind of marching mode assigned to a random key can be created so that, in the event line battles happen in the future mp side of this mod, you can actually see formations marching in good order and not just a disorganized running/walking regiment/company, with some men farther ahead some lagging behind and not keeping the lines even as they should? I know it probably wasn't perfectly neat in real life either but in NW it's not uncommon to see attempts of formations marching forward in line completely losing any type of cohesion because of the lack of the potential feature I just mentioned. (I've read the bit in that napoleonystika site or something that says that that was the advantage of the column formation over the line formation but still from a gameplay perspective I think it would be better than what is seen in NW events, I absolutely loathe that line battles in that expansion are single rank lines fighting each other instead of a scaled version with 2,3 rank formations with musicians and flag bearers, sigh...).

Good job on this mod so far
Fusilier

Fusilier said:
I know exactly what you're going to think/say "oh, the mp side of this mod will only happen much later, we should focus on single player first!", but, seeing as I had this idea recently and for fear of forgetting it, here goes: Is there a chance some kind of marching mode assigned to a random key can be created so that, in the event line battles happen in the future mp side of this mod, you can actually see formations marching in good order and not just a disorganized running/walking regiment/company, with some men farther ahead some lagging behind and not keeping the lines even as they should? I know it probably wasn't perfectly neat in real life either but in NW it's not uncommon to see attempts of formations marching forward in line completely losing any type of cohesion because of the lack of the potential feature I just mentioned. (I've read the bit in that napoleonystika site or something that says that that was the advantage of the column formation over the line formation but still from a gameplay perspective I think it would be better than what is seen in NW events, I absolutely loathe that line battles in that expansion are single rank lines fighting each other instead of a scaled version with 2,3 rank formations with musicians and flag bearers, sigh...).

Fusilier
Most people are going to use this mod as an excuse to not buy nw.. I would think most if not all lbs will stay to nw... Personally I don't think the march mode will be put on a high priority at the moment for mp.

Well I certainly cannot see multiplayer version anytime soon and to be honest I am glad single player came first because this is the best by far out of any Napoleonic era mods out there. The fine detail, extra features and so on among other things which will be added over time.

Multiplayer can wait, Napoleonic wars came first alongside Mount and Musket so that will always be suffice, as for the community, I have no idea what people would end up playing more so to speak. NW or L'aigle....

Id hate to make a suggestion but...Im going to.

A little counter after you die to keep track of how many men are still alive after the player has died. Like whats In the command menu when you hit the backspace key.

More village scenes. I don't know if this is just Britain, but literally every village is the same scene. Also, more battle scenes. I've only seen about 4 of em and I've fought 200+ battles.

Fusilier said:

Fusilier

L'Aigle doesn't need a multiplayer mode - go play Napoleonic DLC if that's what you want.

The ability to train/recruit NCOs to your party to command a regiment/squad. For example, in real life we have platoon leaders, squad leaders, fire team leaders, so the ability to add NCOs would be cool

The Girandoni Air Rifle for would be a good addition to the armory in game but it would probably be over powered and make battles too easy.

It would be interesting if you could be awarded a standard/eagle for your inventory when you recruit a standard bearer. Since the French eagle and unit colors mean a lot to the troops it could serve as a boost to morale.

AusFrontiersmen said:
The Girandoni Air Rifle for would be a good addition to the armory in game but it would probably be over powered and make battles too easy.

This has been talked about numerous times in the original thread, which is locked now. I recommend using the search function to find the verdict on that.

Would it be possible to force the enemy AI into a formation instead of just an unwieldy blob. Because it really takes away from the immersion when my perfectly neat lines of infantry are fighting a horde with no discipline or cohesion even though the horde contains troops such as the Old guard who were some of the most disciplined soldiers of the time period.

Back
Top Bottom