Discussions and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Deathwhisper

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Here you can share your ideas and suggestions that could improve the mod.

As usual, try to be as precise as possible regarding what feature or balance change you would like as well as the reasons that support this idea.

Hi and many thanks for this mod, it is awesome!

:arrow: battle continuation would really benefit if a player could hop into another character if the current is knocked out, as it was implemented in another Floris spinoff

:arrow: wish for a fixed faction relations screen, too many factions just don't fit

:arrow: is there a way to turn off full-screen diplomatic messages not related to the char's faction? With so many factions it may become annoying.

:arrow: and it would be huge if it was possible to sort my party in the party management screen based on wage / class / tier instead of manually clicking up/down

A New Year for A New Dawn!

Anyways, it would be nice to join one of the bandit factions or have something special for being enemies to everyone.

Happy new year and glad to hear you managed to fix those bugs/problems i told about.
Meantime, i started thinking- around what time period (well, aproximately) this mod exactly revolves around? I dont mean to be nitpicky here, just being curious.
Anyways, i started thinking about it and after going trough item library (well, few shops anyways), some equipment you have thrown in (juggernaut armour for example seems advanced enough for reneissance tournament armour, samurai armour even newer) would enable for hand cannons (or even early arqebuses, but i think that might be taking it bit too far, as first of those appeared in large scale in 145:cool: to appear (bit of trivia: oldest surviving handheld firearm in Europe was found in Otepää, Estonia. Its exact age isnt known, but it dates back to at least 1396, possibly even older) as well as early and rather ineffective grenades.
So im suggesting possibly optional (as it would probably not like to some- to be fair i tought myself for long time wheter to even suggest it) add-on which adds firearms.
Now, if you decide to do that, main queston is to depict firearms of era correctly- there were several variants of it, firing stone and metal bullets, but they made more noise than damage and they were very smoky, plus reloading took ages, so they acted more as psychological weapons at first, but they were able to punch trough weaker armour as well (not plate armour though). also mainly chinese and koreans used fireworks as weapon- very effectively i might add.
Anyhow, i think that first generation firearms wouldnt break mainly sword/spear/arrow based gameplay, as gunmen would be very vulnerable during reload, but it would be useful asset if used properly

aaaaaaaand i got to stop suggesting things at half 4 in the morning

Hello,
Thanks for this great mod.

I don't know if they are technically possible, but here are a couple of feature's suggestions concerning the claimants.

• If the player manages to succeed a claimant's quest, after a random amount of time, one of native's factions will suffer from a civil war lead by its own claimant. The claimant's faction will be considered as a proper faction, with all the diplomatic features needed. If said AI claimant manages to wipe its native faction, he'll replace the native faction but retains the diplomatic treaties he signed during his civil war.
  • If a native faction is definitively defeated, after a random amount of time its claimant (if he isn' hired by the player / hasn't completed is own claimant civil war) will appear as one of the unique bandit heroes, leading an army of its faction's troops. This bandit faction will works exactly like the Highlanders / Black Khergits / Barbarians / etc., but eradicating this faction again will cause it to never reappear.

On a totally different note, if adding new minifactions is still planned, it could be a good idea to add one inspired by Roman Empire, describing itself as the last remnants of the Calradian Empire.

yuzhno said:

:arrow: battle continuation would really benefit if a player could hop into another character if the current is knocked out, as it was implemented in another Floris spinoff

Like in 1257 AD? I don't know how hard this would be to implement and I'd also have to take balance into account. Anyway, I'll think about it for future versions (switching to a companion would probably make the most sense).

Anyways, it would be nice to join one of the bandit factions or have something special for being enemies to everyone.

You can already have positive relations with bandit factions by helping them in battle and then you can help their army when it attempts to take a castle a finally become a vassal.

Happy new year and glad to hear you managed to fix those bugs/problems i told about.
Meantime, i started thinking- around what time period (well, aproximately) this mod exactly revolves around? I dont mean to be nitpicky here, just being curious.
Anyways, i started thinking about it and after going trough item library (well, few shops anyways), some equipment you have thrown in (juggernaut armour for example seems advanced enough for reneissance tournament armour, samurai armour even newer) would enable for hand cannons (or even early arqebuses, but i think that might be taking it bit too far, as first of those appeared in large scale in 145:cool: to appear (bit of trivia: oldest surviving handheld firearm in Europe was found in Otepää, Estonia. Its exact age isnt known, but it dates back to at least 1396, possibly even older) as well as early and rather ineffective grenades.
So im suggesting possibly optional (as it would probably not like to some- to be fair i tought myself for long time wheter to even suggest it) add-on which adds firearms.
Now, if you decide to do that, main queston is to depict firearms of era correctly- there were several variants of it, firing stone and metal bullets, but they made more noise than damage and they were very smoky, plus reloading took ages, so they acted more as psychological weapons at first, but they were able to punch trough weaker armour as well (not plate armour though). also mainly chinese and koreans used fireworks as weapon- very effectively i might add.
Anyhow, i think that first generation firearms wouldnt break mainly sword/spear/arrow based gameplay, as gunmen would be very vulnerable during reload, but it would be useful asset if used properly

aaaaaaaand i got to stop suggesting things at half 4 in the morning

There definitely won't be firearms for the Calradian factions, but maybe in the (not near) future there could an invading faction with firearms. Of course I'd have to find models for that, which means realism isn't guaranteed as I won't necessarily find 15th century firearms. Gameplay wise it could be an interesting addition though.

If the player manages to succeed a claimant's quest, after a random amount of time, one of native's factions will suffer from a civil war lead by its own claimant. The claimant's faction will be considered as a proper faction, with all the diplomatic features needed. If said AI claimant manages to wipe its native faction, he'll replace the native faction but retains the diplomatic treaties he signed during his civil war.
If a native faction is definitively defeated, after a random amount of time its claimant (if he isn' hired by the player / hasn't completed is own claimant civil war) will appear as one of the unique bandit heroes, leading an army of its faction's troops. This bandit faction will works exactly like the Highlanders / Black Khergits / Barbarians / etc., but eradicating this faction again will cause it to never reappear.

I was thinking of eventually adding some sort of claimant invasion, although that would make the initial factions struggle even more for survival. The idea of making this claimant invasion occur only once the faction has been defeated is interesting, as it actually helps the major factions instead of hindering them.

On a totally different note, if adding new minifactions is still planned, it could be a good idea to add one inspired by Roman Empire, describing itself as the last remnants of the Calradian Empire.

For next patch I'm working on a minor faction that's somewhat similar to that - A renowned mercenary captain who rebuilt the town of Zendar with survivors and mercenaries with the goal of conquering Calradia and restoring the old Calradian Empire (somewhat similar to what the player does, actually). Unlike other minor factions, this one would already exist at the beginning of the game but only have a town and 1 or 2 castles. It will be based mainly on mercenaries though, as Roman equipment wouldn't make much sense in a medieval world.

Deathwhisper said:
You can already have positive relations with bandit factions by helping them in battle and then you can help their army when it attempts to take a castle a finally become a vassal.

What about being a notorious bandit? Make your own bandit camp and raid the settled factions.
For next patch I'm working on a minor faction that's somewhat similar to that - A renowned mercenary captain who rebuilt the town of Zendar with survivors and mercenaries with the goal of conquering Calradia and restoring the old Calradian Empire (somewhat similar to what the player does, actually). Unlike other minor factions, this one would already exist at the beginning of the game but only have a town and 1 or 2 castles. It will be based mainly on mercenaries though, as Roman equipment wouldn't make much sense in a medieval world.

I think it would be nice to base that faction off of Byzatium equipment. Different from Rome, but still related.

Add some regiment system. Like tell companion to follow you and then give him/ her troops or if you offer bndits protection then you can choose, if you want them to join your party or follow you or do just tasks you ask like killing enemys, raiding villages.

well, i didnt expect native factions to have firearms so yeah, probably some invading faction with it would be nice in distant future
as for realism, dont worry about it too much

I got a question, I'm stuck in the mercenary life I got a army where I have to pay 40k every week for and I want to start my own kingdom, but 40k is to much to pay every week and if I kick my expensive troops out of my army I will be to weak. How do I get enough income to pay for my army?

Yes, I do buy land from city's, but it's not really a stable income I already paid 60k into a city and I only get 10k from it because the city got poor.. Buying enterprise's I also not  a option or I have to sell everything myself, but I'm not a dirty peasant.

Please help, Thanks!

Deathwhisper said:
yuzhno said:

Like in 1257 AD? I don't know how hard this would be to implement and I'd also have to take balance into account. Anyway, I'll think about it for future versions (switching to a companion would probably make the most sense).

I saw this feature in Silverstag, where it is allowed to choose options (switch to companions only / switch to any unit if you run out of companions). Don't think it would affect the balance much, but would improve long battles greatly.

Maybe a little bit easier to make more money, it has already been made easier but not quite enough. Tournaments you should get more money, and make it a bit like brytenwalda when you kill a non-hero enemy with a cut or pierce damage and he might be unconsious istead of all death, that way more prisoners.

a suggestion regarding to firearms- i think i found models that look quite similar to those of early firearms- 16th century mod, low tier firearms

I don't really like the idea of firearms, and think that they would take away from my enjoyment of the game. But that is just my opinion. Anyway, if you do add them, I would like an option to disable them.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll be very busy for the next 2 weeks or so, therefore I won't be very active during that time. The next patch (which will feature a new faction, Zendar) as well as new units, rebalancing and bug fixes should come pretty soon after that though.

Having the Ability when making your faction to be able to Create your own troop tree would be great and having that up to tier 8. Having them like the freelancers but being up to choose from the entire list of equipments. I think that's the only thing this mod needs from being just absolutely amazing.

Maybe some more details to the invading factions troop trees too, the Foreign faction is REALLY lacking... Maybe some Tiered Ashigaru, Samurai, Onna Bushi's, Ninja's. I'm sure the other factions could use to work too... honestly I'm just a Samurai fanatic. xD

Troop pathings in cities and castle's need to be worked on really bad especially in cities's like Halmar... I killed an invading army of Black Kharigs with a holy knight, a Juggernaut and a Repeater Xbow because the AI couldn't figure out how to go through the gate.

Firearms would be different to see... wouldn't really be a game changer honestly. Would be more troop varieties and would be easier to take down higher tiered units though. Seeing as though you have repeating xbow's and sniper bows. Wouldn't be much different than those... except for the str requirements.

Freelancers need a little more of a tree, maybe split it up tier 5 with 3 branches.

I found a glitch with the Nords starting mission not giving you the brother after everyone has been killed.

When creating my own faction I didn't get the option for the Constable. But as a vassal I did.

Why does Armor affect Power Draw and not Athletics?

Starting off with the max amount of golds, there was a party of 13 juggernauts and a larger party of 56 Syndicates. After the first quest and having a companion and 20 or troops. The Syndicate had taken all of the Juggernauts Prisoner and was left around a strength of 30ish, I took my opportunity and got me 13 juggernauts FOR FREE and started raiding parties for prisoners and then selling the prisoners from quite a high price. Got enough to get me a decent Blunt weapon to fund the cause and noticed by the Kharigs and became a Vassal on day 5 of my Journey. Went on a tour to Jameyeed Castle and it was Awarded too me, fending of waves of Sarranids and Black Kharigs led me to get about 500,000 in money from prisoners by day 60. I think I'm doing good. xD

Ability to make your own Bandit lair, unique locations and huntable game like in brytenwalda. If possible maybe some outlying island you can go to with the boats maybe have another faction on them in the future if possible.

Could you make battle size bigger? Atleast for players with stronger  pc's? Its hard to play in huge battles because it take much time. i think that  big battles where  in  same time  can fight  few hundreds of  soldiers would also make mod more believable and fun. Im talking about feature from Viking Conquest where can fight 750 soldiers in one moment.

Also i dont see Knights of the Dawn in Swadian military.... They seem out of place and too fantastic... They should be trashed or moved to other country or became a base for new invading force or minor faction... Also they are too damn strong its hilarious, as Swadian soldier in Freelancer mod i wont ever became  one of them cuz requirements are out of the blue and unbelievable. They ride on the horses that  need 7 riding but have only 5 agility? Are they magicians? :razz:

Could someone tell me is it possible to marry your companion? In Prophecy of pendor was possible to marry your companion when you were a king and he or she was a lord (i dont know if she  had to be from noble line). Another part of this question is it possible to marry pretenders to throne?

Thx for your hard work cuz this  mod  is most complete  mod there is. I always wanted to have a mod that would incorporate all ohter  mods  and A NEW DAWN is resposne for my prayers :razz:

Back
Top Bottom