What be on yer noggin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out with the old and in with the new.

On the last episode of "What be on yer mind" We were discussing....
Aust
Geez, I think it was in the Military thread a couple days ago that Dogukan was asking about whether or people would be willing to be actually involved in combat and risk your life and what for.

Well, I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm signing up for all that by enrolling in police academy, cops are dropping like flies to scum bags using the Brown and Garner cases as an excuse to wreak havoc.

With a response by
Comrade Crimson
I would be willing to risk my life to serve and protect; but I don't see a need to in my area. And as for military causes, I do not agree with the Afghanistan conflict so I have no reason to enlist currently. I would be willing to join the army if it was for a third world war and it was necessary or my nation was under threat of invasion, and I'd also join a rebellion locally if it had a good and justified cause that I'd agree with. Such as, if conditions involving capitalism worsened to the point where people are desperate to survive economically (more so then they are) or fascism erupted in my nation, or we became a total occupied puppet of another nation I'd definitely rebel and fight for the freedom of the proletariat and my fellow citizens. But that said it'd take a lot for me to take up arms, I got a woman and my mother and sister+other relatives to consider and I am not going to risk their safety and my own without great need... and most of the reason why I'd take up arms is to protect that immediate family and my lady.

But I'd consider myself fairly dutiful... I would fight, even if I would or wouldn't be good at it, for a good enough cause. I'm not a coward and I am willing to stand by my ideals and my country if it truly needs me.

To add onto what I had posted in the last one, this **** is leaking over into the security community too. Violent incidents with BMAs in my own company and other larger ones have sky-rocketed, and I was just talking with a supervisor of particular company that employs armed security where they had a situation where the officer had to actually fire his weapon just to get the group to stop surrounding him and trying to flip his vehicle in Idaho.

Several companies have issued memos saying that their employees need to avoid wearing any obvious parts of their security uniform to/from work/home because we're being harassed and targeted. It's all the same to these thugs; security, cops, they're all 'the man' that is 'oppressing' them.

I'd like to leave this country now.

Austupaio said:
It's all the same to these thugs; security, cops, they're all 'the man' that is 'oppressing' them.

I'd like to leave this country now.

One's skin color, gender or social status doesn't prevent anyone of being a bigot towards other groups.

Academics of certain groups of identity politics thinking say otherwise, though, and the media is very happy to sing to the choir.

Austupaio said:
To add onto what I had posted in the last one, this **** is leaking over into the security community too. Violent incidents with BMAs in my own company and other larger ones have sky-rocketed, and I was just talking with a supervisor of particular company that employs armed security where they had a situation where the officer had to actually fire his weapon just to get the group to stop surrounding him and trying to flip his vehicle in Idaho.
I'm not familiar with this too much, but what prevented him from shooting them all? Or what prevents the other security guys from effectively defending themselves?

I'm not familiar with this too much, but what prevented him from shooting them all? Or what prevents the other security guys from effectively defending themselves?

Uh... presumably his conscience, his desire to adhere to the law, a reasonable person's understanding of escalation... any number of things really.

I'm not really sure I understood the question. :lol:

Austupaio said:

Uh... presumably his conscience, his desire to adhere to the law, a reasonable person's understanding of escalation... any number of things really.

I'm not really sure I understood the question. :lol:
I don't know, if someone tried to flip my car over, I'd make sure they won't be able to flip anything for a few months. I guess it's different countries but still.

Edit: Also aren't all these police shootings caused by the fact US Officers have a lot of ground to shoot someone on, merely such as not complying?

Sherlock Holmes said:
I don't know, if someone tried to flip my car over, I'd make sure they won't be able to flip anything for a few months. I guess it's different countries but still.
I don't know the law in Croatia, but in most countries if you employed lethal force to deal with vandalism, you'd be going to prison. I mean that and he'd be completely un-employable.

Sherlock Holmes said:
Edit: Also aren't all these police shootings caused by the fact US Officers have a lot of ground to shoot someone on, merely such as not complying?
Well, no. In the Brown case, the suspect/victim was shot, but the Peace Officer's testimony was that the suspect/victim was attacking him and grabbing the weapon, which would be clear cause in not just the U.S. but I believe in most countries. The Garner case didn't involve a shooting at all.

Aside from that, private security is a lot different from law enforcement as to whether or not employing lethal force is justified.

@Aust, damn that's harsh, I'm not sure are the laws that strict here but it could be that most people don't take such things to court. Hopefully you won't be harassed, will you carry your uniform and stuff in a bag to/from work, then?

ComingWinter said:
What happened to your old avatar Sherlock? I think it fit you more than your current one.
I don't know, I'll probably change this one soon when I find something good :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom