Additional idea for death of Sven

Users who are viewing this thread

Deerpig

Recruit
I was disappointed when I ended up not killing Sven. Me and my men charged into his tent, and before I could even make it halfway to Sven, my men(I believe it was my companion Egil.) had run up to Sven, and killed him in one hit. I was devastated. After that long quest line, and all that Sven had taken from me, I was not able to be the one to battle him to the death.

What I propose, is somehow changing that bit in the story, and take Sven captive somehow. This is where it gets interesting: You are tasked with his execution. You walk up to Sven, who is tied up/unable to defend himself. In front of all your men, you must kill this heartless murderer. Or, you can choose to spare his life. Execution has a way of bringing out pity. This ends up being the moment when you choose what kind of a person your character truly is, before starting your new quest of taking over the map. There does not have to be pros and cons to each choice, it can just be for the player to decide how they wish to portray that character. Merciful, just, and strong enough to let your greatest enemy live(but you better believe he will be thrown in prison for life.) or vengeful, fearsome, and hunger for the death of the man who inflicted such hurt onto your life, and the lives of many others.

Let me know what you guys think about this idea. I also wouldn't say no to a final 1v1 duel with Sven.

Deerpig said:
I was disappointed when I ended up not killing Sven. Me and my men charged into his tent, and before I could even make it halfway to Sven, my men(I believe it was my companion Egil.) had run up to Sven, and killed him in one hit. I was devastated. After that long quest line, and all that Sven had taken from me, I was not able to be the one to battle him to the death.

What I propose, is somehow changing that bit in the story, and take Sven captive somehow. This is where it gets interesting: You are tasked with his execution. You walk up to Sven, who is tied up/unable to defend himself. In front of all your men, you must kill this heartless murderer. Or, you can choose to spare his life. Execution has a way of bringing out pity. This ends up being the moment when you choose what kind of a person your character truly is, before starting your new quest of taking over the map. There does not have to be pros and cons to each choice, it can just be for the player to decide how they wish to portray that character. Merciful, just, and strong enough to let your greatest enemy live(but you better believe he will be thrown in prison for life.) or vengeful, fearsome, and hunger for the death of the man who inflicted such hurt onto your life, and the lives of many others.

Let me know what you guys think about this idea. I also wouldn't say no to a final 1v1 duel with Sven.
Maybe there will be even more epic if Sven gets killed by Egil when you decide to save Sven's life, and there will be a choice what to do with Egil

BunnyPoopCereal said:
after that maybe get mission to 1v1 Sven?
Yeah, that itself would be way more satisfying than the 80% chance of your companions running up and killing him.

When entering lords hall (or mead hall) I quickly give order to companions to stand the ground and kill Sven along with his bodyguards myself. It gives at least some satisfaction, but generally everything happens too quick to be satisfying.  :evil:
I think it would be more interesting if after this scene we receive a message that Sven was wounded but his guards saved him and he managed to reach Danmark or Norway and to hide in Odin's hof or Thor's hof. When you enter this place, you have to deal fist with 10-15 Berserks and Ulfhednar, after that make 1 vs 1 duel with Sven with ability to chop his head off and take his belonings after (to make sure he will not enter Valhalla and goes strait to hell). :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom