Battle size

Users who are viewing this thread

AamuZombi

Recruit
Hi everyone! just got VC and played a bit. So far loving it, other than the bad performance and framerates especially on the world map and bigger battles.
Standard Warband runs at solid 60 fps at max settings and 100 battle size on my rig, so I was wondering if its possible to somehow mod the minimum battle size limit lower in VC? if not, then perhaps the devs could do so in a future patch? (maximum size i understand, but why raise the minimum in the first place?)
Apologies if there is already a topic on the subject, anyways

Cheers

It's an option in the main options window.  You can set it to whatever you like.  Default is like 1250 now which happens to be the max. so +10 points for making the max higher, it was probably a mistake (-15 points) making that the default as most people's systems can't deal with it.

My comp gets a little slide showy with 1000+ man battles, I can do 500 or so.  I really like the big 250 vs 250 battles, the more complex tactics and unit arrangements (flanking, skirmishers, cavalry etc) really start to have an effect at that level.  50 vs 50 100 limit battles are just too small for proper tactics but FPS trumps tactics so if that's what your comp can handle then that's the limit.

Nope, just checked and the slider in the options only ranges from 150 to 750, unless i'm missing something. is there any difference between the steam and taleworlds versions?
I bought the game from steam.

Hmm, I was going by memory, pretty sure mine went to greater than 1000, I never tested the lower limit, I just assumed it was 100 or less.  I wonder if the upper limit is dynamically calculated somehow.  That or I was just wrong about the upper limit.  I'll look again in an hour or two when I can.  Apologies for guessing.

For me its pretty much impossible fight any jarls or lords becouse the fps drops so much with the minimum 150 battle size. :/
Curious thing tough, even if I ramp up every graphical settings to max, the estimated performance says 109% :grin: yet I get 10-15fps on average in bigger fights and quite bad stuttering in the world map

Thanks, I'll check that out. Shouldn't really be the players job to fix the game playable, but meh, some flaws from a release like this are understandable.

Uh to be fair your pc being unable to handle more then 100 men isn't really the designers fault. Even base MB allows.larger then that and the vast majority of people used mods to go well beyond 150.

Personally I ran up to 1500 in some mods.

I'm not really an expert, but the game runs fairly fine even in high settings anywhere except in the world map and bigger battles, and considering I get tolerable framerates in vanilla warband even at 150 battle size with max graphical settings. With 100, Warband runs smooth as butter for me.

AamuZombi said:
I'm not really an expert, but the game runs fairly fine even in high settings anywhere except in the world map and bigger battles, and considering I get tolerable framerates in vanilla warband even at 150 battle size with max graphical settings. With 100, Warband runs smooth as butter for me.

Warband on a 4 years old computer should handle 300. A couple years old computer should be able to handle 500-1000. A new computer 1000-1500.

Some mods are heavier than native. My PC can handle ACOK, Brytenwalda and VC with 1000+. So it really depends on your hardware + software.

Back
Top Bottom