Author Topic: The Conqueror : Serving a cause  (Read 20718 times)

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
  • Use Q&A thread, not a PM :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBWF&SNWVC
Re: The Conqueror : Serving a cause
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 11:15:46 PM »
The quest works, It's just too long. 30 days? If you play for the plot, thats WAY too long, considering how soon this quest is given to you.

why is it too long? IRL it takes less than 10minutes. In-game it is just a small party of the campaign (90 to 1000 days, depends on your playstyle).

FG

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »
Did anyone continue to keep din bych? I am already past this quest, but the damn welsh still keep coming in waves to capture this castle...........wasting alot of good men and time trying to hack them down each time

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
  • Use Q&A thread, not a PM :)
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 04:50:54 PM »
Did anyone continue to keep din bych? I am already past this quest, but the damn welsh still keep coming in waves to capture this castle...........wasting alot of good men and time trying to hack them down each time

If you completed the quest (defend for 30ish days) its not longer your problem who owns the castle. So you do not need to worry about defending it anymore.

TLDR: let them

SomeHairyGuy

• Sergeant
  • Ic waes druncne beor!
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVC
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
I've gotta be honest, this quest really frustrates me.

I'm playing with Northymbre and we were having a rough time with facing down the kingdoms of Gwynned and East Anglia; Northymbre was getting its arse kicked on a regular basis, so understandably it was disappointing when Mr R. Ragnarsson decided to piss off the Scots, effectively dooming my storyline campaign to a anticlimactic dead end. Within a few days Alban had struck south and taken Edinburgh, before moving on to besiege Bebbanburgh; meanwhile I had to tramp it north with my 180 or so Svear warriors (whom I had to withdraw from my only fortress, Wicstun - which was then easily conquered by the East Anglians...), dodging lords and eventually taking a strategically worthless Dun Taruo which I could barely hold against the ensuing colossal waves of Picts. This was all after I'd spent a looong time just focussing on levelling my character/companions and recruiting high-level troops. To really put salt in the wound, I received a heavy wound to the face which I wasn't able to go and cure, since that would have meant leaving the fortress. I'm now having to try and totally destroy East Anglia and Gwynned beforehand, just so that Northymbre has the resources to take on the otherwise-peaceful Picts. Derp.

Idibil

• External Developer
    • View Profile
    • Nova Regula
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Celt√≠beroIdibil
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »
The picts were a problem for Ragnar's sons. This quest is based on that part of the unknown story, where the danish needed to protect his rear as they went over anglos.
(click to show/hide)

SomeHairyGuy

• Sergeant
  • Ic waes druncne beor!
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SVC
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 01:31:45 PM »
Yeah, the fortress is a very nice one to defend. I just ran out of troops after the 12672th Pict...

Jesgard Gysson

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 09:57:12 AM »
Celt factions (irish, welshmen, scots ect.) have terrible armies, with an army halve the siize of them you can easily win. Capturing a lot of lords will be easy as pie. If you have s castle of yourown, lock thrm up. Now defending will be a lot easier

zeroakuma

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 06:37:07 AM »
I have the beta patch; the quest was assigned to me on march 10 and not it's april 22 lol

am i stuck in an infinite loop? Is the quest salvageable? If i conquer another city, it's in my name and not my kingdom....

memrz

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 08:10:21 PM »
after conquer  din bych and keep it for more than 30 days game tells me to with aetheling alefred and i cant find him any where