Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Users who are viewing this thread

Damnit Bowman, I was about to lock this with a witty note! Now you solved the semantics for me :sad:

Now that the author has clarified his intention of the resources, and you have been provided several Native extension mods, resources and examples the discussion is over. If you have beef, take it to PMs. 

BNS Marko said:
Damnit Bowman, I was about to lock this with a witty note! Now you solved the semantics for me :sad:

Now that the author has clarified his intention of the resources, and you have been provided several Native extension mods, resources and examples the discussion is over. If you have beef, take it to PMs. 

You can still use your witty note, don't let it go to waste. :grin:

I am glad locking of this topic is prevented though.

The Bowman said:
As the others have stated in this thread, this is an Open Source Project, and it is exactly what I had intended it to be from the very beginning. Consequently, what anyone should expect from this pack is a set of working scenes with broad compatibility for people to work with. The resource is game ready, so, given you can integrate it into any mod, it will work.

Whether someone would like to integrate the tavern animations pack, for example, or add more NPCs in towns, this is to be done at their will. Including someone else's OSP in this OSP defeats the purpose of this board, which is to share original work. If I were to include the tavern animations pack, it would require the same amount of effort to integrate into any mod, because it has little to do with scenes, and on top of that, it would make the impression that I own the work of some other modder.

People are free to use this resource at their will, and spice it up as much as they want to enhance their personal experience. I was considering integrating everything into a mod, and post it on the Pioneer's Guild with some extra features, like more people walking around, as to help people who are having trouble installing the scenes. Judging by my real life responsibilities though, I wouldn't bet my head on that happening any soon or at all.

A good example of a mod using this OSP is Ruthven's Explorer. You can check that out and see how he decided to integrate the pack: https://www.moddb.com/mods/explorer1/downloads/explorer-alpha

You know, as someone who works crazy hours I understand. And if you decide to integrate everything into a mod someday like you said, I shall be your greatest fan ever. Because for people like me, who just want an enhanced standalone version of the vanilla game, there are not many other options. I would also lend my support, but sadly it isn't really worth anything.

Either way, lets finish this on a good note.

The Bowman is awesome and his work is splendid. Thank you for all your hard work.

Also, farewell to all.

Back
Top Bottom