Game-Breaking Storyline Bug [SPOILERS]

Users who are viewing this thread

Skraedos

Recruit
Quest: The Siege: The Messenger

During this quest, Bjorn Ragnarsson asks you to meet with a West Saxe Lord and negotiate a treaty.

You travel to a unit known as 'West Saxe patrol'

When you speak, you get three dialog options;

1. "Lets us through, we wish to speak to (lord so-and-so), we come as emissaries."

2. (Attack the Patrol)

3. (Continue past the Patrol)

I have done all three.

1. Clicking this option brings you to the screen where your character says the line, but you cannot progress any further. You cannot 'press left mouse button to continue', you cannot go back, no buttons are responsive. I had to close down the game manually because I couldn't do anything. You are simply stuck in the dialog box.

2. You CAN attack and defeat the patrol, but it does not complete or update the quest, and I did not see a second patrol respawn. This effectively means you cannot progress through the story anymore if you select this option. This is also the only option that does not freeze the game and require a manual shut down.

3. You see the dialog box show up for your character to speak, but similar to #1, you cannot do anything after this. The game will not let you continue the conversation, and you can not go back. This again requires a manual shut down.

I have been enjoying the game so far, despite the bugs. Most of the bugs I managed to get past or didn't break the game, but this is a bug that literally ends the story line. I cannot continue the story past this bug and I haven't managed to find any evidence of anybody getting past this part of the story so far online. Please post if you have come across this bug, or if you managed to get past this part. Thank you.

Skraedos said:
Quest: The Siege: The Messenger

During this quest, Bjorn Ragnarsson asks you to meet with a West Saxe Lord and negotiate a treaty.

You travel to a unit known as 'West Saxe patrol'

When you speak, you get three dialog options;

1. "Lets us through, we wish to speak to (lord so-and-so), we come as emissaries."

2. (Attack the Patrol)

3. (Continue past the Patrol)

I have done all three.

1. Clicking this option brings you to the screen where your character says the line, but you cannot progress any further. You cannot 'press left mouse button to continue', you cannot go back, no buttons are responsive. I had to close down the game manually because I couldn't do anything. You are simply stuck in the dialog box.

2. You CAN attack and defeat the patrol, but it does not complete or update the quest, and I did not see a second patrol respawn. This effectively means you cannot progress through the story anymore if you select this option. This is also the only option that does not freeze the game and require a manual shut down.

3. You see the dialog box show up for your character to speak, but similar to #1, you cannot do anything after this. The game will not let you continue the conversation, and you can not go back. This again requires a manual shut down.

I have been enjoying the game so far, despite the bugs. Most of the bugs I managed to get past or didn't break the game, but this is a bug that literally ends the story line. I cannot continue the story past this bug and I haven't managed to find any evidence of anybody getting past this part of the story so far online. Please post if you have come across this bug, or if you managed to get past this part. Thank you.

I am curious, did you kill the foragers outside Snotingaham or not?

Because if you killed them, the leader of that patrol says that he doesn't care if you're an emissary since his brother was among the foragers and got killed and so he wants revenge. Perhaps it's bugged if you didn't kill them?

TIDM2 said:
Have you tried going into the actual town? (Snotingham or whatever)

:razz: Well for my problem, the fort is controlled by Mierce. The quest prompt directs me to it, sure, but the leader of Northumbria isn't there.

Stratigo said:
TIDM2 said:

:razz: Well for my problem, the fort is controlled by Mierce. The quest prompt directs me to it, sure, but the leader of Northumbria isn't there.

I can't remember if it was controlled by Mierce or West Seaxe when I did it... You are on the part where Bjorn tells you to meet his brothers at the place outside of the fort right? When I was on that part I just clicked on the fort and when I entered I got a little scene, even though it didn't say the guy was there.

TIDM2 said:
Stratigo said:
TIDM2 said:

I can't remember if it was controlled by Mierce or West Seaxe when I did it... You are on the part where Bjorn tells you to meet his brothers at the place outside of the fort right? When I was on that part I just clicked on the fort and when I entered I got a little scene, even though it didn't say the guy was there.

I am at that part. There is no place outside the fort, and the fort itself is just a fort, nothing special

Yes it is just a fort. But just to clarify have you actually tried to click on the fort itself? There is no place outside of it you just have to click on the fort itself as if you were entering it. If that doesn't work it may be broken

TIDM2 said:
Yes it is just a fort. But just to clarify have you actually tried to click on the fort itself? There is no place outside of it you just have to click on the fort itself as if you were entering it. If that doesn't work it may be broken

That's what I meant, that don't work :grin:

Yep. I figured out the issue though through trial and error. The problem was I was not hostile to Mierce (I was being a merc for denmark at the time and my relations reflected that.) I wait until that ends, fail to renew contract and attack a caravan and tada, things are going forward.

Back
Top Bottom