[Quest] Monastery land

Users who are viewing this thread

So I got this quest to resolve a land dispute with the church. The monk was obviously lying and the peasant appears to be honest. With a persuasion of 7, I can't get the quest to succeed unless I choose to give the land to the monastery. There's no way to tell the abbot that the monk's lying and there are no other things to inspect.

Is this quest bugged?

I may be wrong, but this quest just seems to be more about morale choice - either finish the quest and please the noble, or do the honest thing and refuse land for monastery.

Don't know what you receive for completing it, I chose not to reward the greedy monks. The story advances anyway.

I persuaded the monk to tell me that the Abbot had the document forged. I gave the land to the peasant, told the jarl what had happened and failed the quest, because he specifically asked me to appease the monestary. I proceeded to raid the monestary and apparently nobody gave a damn, but maybe they did and I just didn't find out before one too many ctds.

The only way to complete the quest is to give the land to the monastery. This is because the Jarl mentions to "appease the monks".  I don't think that failing or succeeding in the quest has much importance in the long run, only a increase or decrease in the relation with the Jarl.

Lol, I couldn't read and they tricked me into giving away that poor sods land. Oh well, I got a nice payday from it XD

Back
Top Bottom