Resolved Before post: Issues, Crash and RUNTIME ERRORs Look here

Users who are viewing this thread

Some suggestions in old Brytenwalda guide could help you: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183782.0.html

You remeber have the update: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320738.0.html

How To: Report a Bug/Request Support (Thanks Duh): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320833.0.html

We will go will add here all possible solutions.

- You need to update your warband and to lastest version.
- When you post your issue, you add your rgl_log.txt and rgl_config.txt (you can find this in warband main folder and in your documents\warband folder) This will help us to know your problem.
- If you have textures problem, you try to "Textures on Demand" on/off in config_log.txt
- Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used). Sometimes your game can crash because you run out of system resources (mainly video memory), could you try closing all other applications you have open in your background, like browsers and so on.
-If your VC doesnt load you remember go to documents, and delete the mount and blade warband folder there, not the saved games one, but the other one, you could have a corrupted config file. Then, reinstall your game.
-On 32bit system, your processor cannot take more than 4GB of RAM. 32bit Windows won't let you use more then 2GB per process (VC, for example). This mean that you need to low your game configuration in order to play smooth (see below configuration)

CONFIGURATION CHANGES:

We are detecting that most problems are related to configuration. Some tips that could help you (config_log.txt):

texture_detail = 100 #70 can save some resources
render_buffer_size = 15 #you can try 32,64, 128, or 256 until you get CTD. The best, 15
max_framerate = 120
use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 1
fake_reflections = 1

use_ondemand_textures = 1 #if crash move to 0 depend on your pc
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1 @if crash move to 0 depend on your PC

enable_edit_mode = 0
force_single_threading = 1
debug_mode = 0

force_vsync = 1
postfx_dof = 0
postfx_hdr = 0

use_instancing = 1
number_of_ragdolls = 4
number_of_corpses = 4
blood_stains = 0

Note:
Enabling force_vsync. Also, be sure to disable HDR mode (those options enabled together tend to cause performance issues)

Warband configuration isn't usable for Viking Conquest as VC demand on more resources.

------------
Ram problems? (Thanks Duh)

Steam may be forcing compatability mode on you. Turn that off to avoid memory issues.

http://joshmccarty.com/2012/01/turn-off-compatibility-mode-for-steam/

Do note that you might not have to do the rededit bits. Just try step 1 by itself at first.

-----

Key Problem:

Thanks MaHuD

HK_current_users -> software -> Mountandbladewarbandkeys

There should be a string named: serial_key_vc with your CD key behind it.
If not, right click on open space.
> New
> String Value
> Rename the String value to serial_key_vc
> write your CD key at the data part (example CD-key: XXXX-YYYY-ZZZZ-4444 )

start up the game and see if it works

----------

Long Load time problem and similar issues (Thank to kalarhan)

1) Did you try to do a full reinstall of your game? If you use Steam -> delete local content (Steam UI, right click on game). Then delete the folder manually. Reinstall your game. Verify cache (Steam UI).

2) How is your pc? Did you check min configuration?

3) What is your pc specs? Hardware and software

4) Make sure you have at least 2 GB of free RAM. If you are running other softwares check using any program that shows your computer CPU and Memory.

5) Are you using the latest version of warband? 1.162+

6) Can you still load native (Warband)?

7) Any other modules/mods you have... can you load them?

8 ) Did you create a thread on support subforum and did you post your txt config files there?

---------------

Tried all of it. When I uncheck "Load textures on demand" I can't load server list and join any server. With it checked, I can join server with few players, but all armours are black and when I spawn I crash and get rgl error. Singleplayer problems stay same. I get to avatar creation screen, click done and then nothing happens, game just freeze.

Also I never used DX7 so I guess it's not problem.

Idibil said:
- If you have textures problem, you try to "Textures on Demand" unchecked.

This makes me load the game till 90% before just quiting alltogether, before the start menu

Asulador said:
I think doing:
use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 0

Causes a crash for Dx9 users.
Yes, it does. The game never even loads anything. It just crashes right away back to the desktop before you see anything.

Asulador said:
I think doing:
use_pixel_shaders = 0
use_vertex_shaders = 0

Causes a crash for Dx9 users.

+1 definitly crash on Dx9 .
also change
use_ondemand_textures = 1 or 0
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 0 or 1

Make me crash before see the loading screen .

So atm , the game don't even show loading screen if change the rgl_config.txt , or i got everytimes Runetime Error C++ near 70% of loading screen , on loading textures ...
Don't know what they have after loading screen yet =( ..

I have read the OP on the brytenwalda guide and it reads you need a couple of patches if your machine is low-end.  Spoiler:  Steam games don't work that way.  Patches separately available on forums don't survive updates.

Also it helps to have a few guys to test out the Mac/linux (not API-emulated like wine/crossfire/playonlinux) version before the release.

MaHuD said:
What if prior to loading you set the priority of the warband/viking task to realtime?

Problem with the game is that, at certain points it eats too much RAM(causing the crash), and its poorly optimized, doing so would crash the computer itself.

I didn't want to open a full new thread for this, but...is it normal that the game takes so much time to start?
The loading screen is especially slow while loading textures. I didn't take the time, but I'm sure it's more than the three minutes some heavy mods take to launch.

nemkediamond63 said:
It's normal, since there are many texture files that needs to be loaded. Everyone wait for that much time.
It's probably not normal, considering the fact that it crashes very easily with the texture quality slider at more than 70%.  Texture sets which are more or less at warband quality (I play max quality at native without problems with A6-3650 and Geforce 250/nvidia 340xx in linux) instead of using ultra-high res textures to break the engine's footprint (and when I tune the texture down it is blurred so I suppose a lot of extra detail loaded is wasted) would be more appropriate.

They can probably release a higher quality texture set for people who don't crash at max texture quality to be patched on top  if they insist such texture resolutions.  Try to make sure it works for everyone before you make it look good.

Please send me a Downloadlink for VC, i tried to contact you via Support email, but nobody answerd, i preordered VC and wasnt able to Play it since release! Now i try it this way to contact you VC Team, please help me! I have already registered with the Nick Modestus and the email [email protected]! The Game with the code from avangate is also already registered at the taleworlds site!

Thank you

Modestus said:
Please send me a Downloadlink for VC, i tried to contact you via Support email, but nobody answerd, i preordered VC and wasnt able to Play it since release! Now i try it this way to contact you VC Team, please help me! I have already registered with the Nick Modestus and the email [email protected]! The Game with the code from avangate is also already registered at the taleworlds site!

Thank you

Hi Modestus

Did you send email to TW? How you bought your key?
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Home/Support

i sent a meil via Support to tw twice, i bought it via avangate(taleworlds) i already added the game with the key from avangate! thank you for answer!

Takes almost 2 hours to load textures and when it finally does  the game is extremely laggy and unresponsive. Vanilla and other mods including Brytenwaldawork completely fine.

Back
Top Bottom