commander battle game mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

ryanbeckey0

Veteran
hey all, does anyone know if there will be a commander battle type of game mode?

you know with leading your own squad of shieldwall guys or archers etc. like in Napoleon Wars multiplayer

Hey, I think i saw someone give commands to his line in the trailer but i could be wrong. I hope its in there  :grin:

When this game was still in pre-release they listed 'Warlords' as a multi-player mode. I was certain that this was going to be a commander/captain style mode because... why would any post-warband release NOT include such a mode?

But now that VC has been released Warlords is no longer on the list. Medieval-style commander battles was mostly why I was planning on buying this game so I'm very disappointed and probably won't buy VC until such a mode is released since, well, I'm really not interested in being Thor. 

I believe the game mode is called "Viking Invasion". I've seen it running on a server or two with around 20 people playing.

Enbee said:
I believe the game mode is called "Viking Invasion". I've seen it running on a server or two with around 20 people playing.

Viking Invasion is a sort bot-horde mode. The idea is to hold off wave after wave of bots along side other players.
you can find a description here. https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest

In NW the Commander mode allows you to control a regiment of your own bots - kind of like in single player - along side other players doing the same thing, versus other players doing the same thing. Meanwhile the FaS 'Captain' mode allows you to use cash to purchase mercs which you can control to take on other players and their mercs. Both of these are very different to VI which, as far as I know, does not give you control over your own troops.

The mode I brought up gets mentioned at the end of this video (as well as Invasion) which was made a few weeks prior to release at which time 'Warlords' was on the official list of modes to come.

edit: sorry, I can't get the links to activate for some reason.

The only reason I bought this DLC was expecting of a "commander battle" game mode.To me its the most interesting gametype in MB ever. :smile:
I hope this multiplayer game mode will be relesed in the end  ……before bannerlord

Back
Top Bottom