Did anyone else get the update for Warband, but it doesn't have Viking Conquest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aitchy said:
So, I just installed the update for Warband but I can't see Viking Conquest
Ya I put up a thread aswell.
I got a 4.5mb update, others are saying they got a bytenwalda update. Im considering that as a troll. GG Taleworlds GG.

Can someone please explain for me how this download works if I don't want it to be on my steam account?    Please assume I am a techno idiot in your detail please.  I have a bad internet connection and only play with my Non Steam Warband.  thanks....

ScottHaugh said:
Can someone please explain for me how this download works if I don't want it to be on my steam account?    Please assume I am a techno idiot in your detail please.  I have a bad internet connection and only play with my Non Steam Warband.  thanks....

What's not to understand? you'll just have to download and install it manually just as you did with warband. I'm assuming you got it directly from TW then?

From whatever site you buy it from, you'll receive a key code to register more than likely, (which you can usually register on steam), and it'll more than likely provide a Download for you.

This statement appears on the steam page:

Downloadable Content

This content requires the base game Mount & Blade: Warband on Steam in order to play.

I purchased on the TW site and don't have WB on my steam account.  I avoid steam because my connection is so bad that the lags and delays in loading and being able to play the games is terrible.

So I can download it from steam and there will be a way to link it to my offline Warband game ?  (Not to link my warband game to steam)

Sorry.. as I said I am a techno idiot...

ScottHaugh said:
This statement appears on the steam page:

Downloadable Content

This content requires the base game Mount & Blade: Warband on Steam in order to play.

I purchased on the TW site and don't have WB on my steam account.  I avoid steam because my connection is so bad that the lags and delays in loading and being able to play the games is terrible.

So I can download it from steam and there will be a way to link it to my offline Warband game ?  (Not to link my warband game to steam)

Sorry.. as I said I am a techno idiot...

a ok, now i get it

Well first off steam does not require a constant connection to play your games (unless of course said game is a multiplayer one), stuttering in single player games due to a faulty connection on steam is literally impossible, plus you can always play in offline mode if you want to...

That said there are 2 things you can do,

1) you get you cd-key for Warband from TW and ad it to your steam account (games>activate a product on steam), then download warband in there and wait till VC comes out (it shpould already be set as DLC for you warband installation).

2) do the inverse, get you key for VC on steam and use to get it on TW site, though to do this you need to have warband at least added to your setam library since the DLC won't show by itself if you don't have the base game I don't think.

edit: but wait this considering you ended up getting VC on steam for some reason, I actually don't think that's possible I think steam doesn't let you buy a dlc for a game you don't have.. if that's the case just get it from TW, I don't understand your doubt...

onarum said:
edit: but wait this considering you ended up getting VC on steam for some reason, I actually don't think that's possible I think steam doesn't let you buy a dlc for a game you don't have.. if that's the case just get it from TW, I don't understand your doubt...

The thing is that when you purchase from Taleworlds directly you get a steam key :wink: (the key given by Taleworlds can be registered on steam if you have warband there already. In my case i have the game in double, on steam but not installed but the DLC was added, and through Talewords as the non drm Warband version, the one on my hdd, but no download buttonfor the DLC yet in this case)
I hope there will be a separate non steam download for all those who purchased through TW website, seems logical, just need to wait i guess.

vahadar said:
onarum said:

The thing is that when you purchase from Taleworlds directly you get a steam key :wink: (the key given by Taleworlds can be registered on steam if you have warband there already. In my case i have both games, on steam but not installed but the DLC was added, and through Talewords as the non drm Warband version but no download buttonfor the DLC yet in this case)
I hope there will be a separate non steam download for all those who purchased through TW website, seems logical, just need to wait i guess.

oh I see, well there will definitely be a stand alone download on TW for sure, they just wouldn't force everyone to play thought steam.

Back
Top Bottom