Jómsvíkingar - A clan for Viking Conquest / Vikingr

Users who are viewing this thread

Important note!: We are a clan based on the mod Víkingr,which is,in our opionion,one of the best mods of all time. The thread you are going to look at, is just the same we have for Víkingr but will be changed when Viking Conquest comes out. (Because we need to know the banners,etc.) Contact:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052536598/

(Mercenaries without mercy, Jómsvíkingar)

jomsvikingbancopy.png

sbannerd.png

Serpentine son of the mischievous God Loki and the Frost Goddess Angrboda. He is a monstrous serpent, destined to die by Thor’s hand at the battle of Ragnarök. According to legend, the god Odin, in an attempt to forestall the inevitable, captured the great snake and threw him into the ocean, where he grew so large, he encircled the earth. He is also known as the Midgård Serpent. Jormungandr is sometimes pictured with three heads, symbolic of his existence in all three realms of Norse Cosmology
mere2.gif

Old norse: Miðgarðsormr
English: World Serpent or Midgard Serpent
Swedish: Midgårdsormen

A symbol of fear on the seas, many vikings belived that sailing with a viking boat means that Miðgarðsormr could come to eat the whole ship.

We bring this banner to war as a symbol of fear that our enemies will fear us when we fight them.

OUR TRAILER!

Það kvað jarl að æri
unnviggs fyrir haf sunnan,
þá er á seima særi
sárelda spjör váru:
öllungis hefir illa,
eybaugs, ef skalt deyja,
vér hyggjum það viggja
valdur, þinn faðir haldið.

35. Kapítuli, Jómsvíkinga saga

Jómsvíkingar is a Vikingr Mod clan dedicated to the Northmenn faction
our clan tag is _Jomsborg
1197091636450465427johnny_automatic_Viking_ship_svg_hi.png

50px-Valknut-Symbol-triquetra.svg.png

Men of Jomsborg
Kirgarða af Jómsborg

Ragnarr Jarl Haraldursson

Ragnarr 
Leifr                     
Leiknir                       
Mar                                     
Gunnar         
Bork                                                 
Gerald           
Hagaron                       
Catlin                                   
Stara                                                                                 
Hraefn                                   
Steinn           
Beilr                           
Skaldnir                                     
Ysmir                     
Fridgeir                         
Arnulf         
Anund                 
Jöfursteinn   
Reika                   
Magnus             
Eldgrim
Haakon
Hedin
Steinbjörn
Hjalmarr
Jorundr
Valbjörn
Eirik
Adalsteinn
Gunnolf
Olaf
Snorri
Folkbjörn
Vaskrulfr
Randolf
Valgard
Hrolfr
Sigurdr

Vaeringjar
Valbjörn (leading)
Skjold
Eldgrim
Eir
Annbjörn (Svennr)

We are all equal in Jomsborg as brothers. The rankings you find is just there to keep order, but you got the same worth as any other man, if you have been proven to be a brave and honourful warrior that is. Only the Jarl and the Hersir and the Lendrmadr has power to give orders on the battlefield, but when deciding on important matters, we hold ting, for all men to be able to tell their opinion.

17_t.jpg
JOIN THE ARMY

Ranks

Normal Ranks

Skjoldmaer        Ulfhednar
                    |                          |
Svennr -> Felagi ---------->  Huskarl
                    |                          |
                Geirrmadr            Berserkr

Special ranks
Jarl
Skald
Vaeringjar
Hvendrungr

Translations
Svennr = Recruit
Felagi = Member
Geirrmadr = Spearman
Skjoldmaer = Shieldmaiden (For Females)
Huskarl = Veteran Warrior
Bersekr = Berserker, in the Jomsborg a wild warrior with a 2handed axe
Ulfhednar = In the Jomsborg a wild warrior with Shield and a one handed weapon
Vaeringjar = Varangian (For russian/finnish/east slavic members
Skald = Norse bard (For Skaldnir)
Hvendrungr = Champions (We know the word means monster / For Hagaron and Gerald)
Jarl = Leader  (For Ragnarr)

Recruitment
The recruiting should be very restricted. “In order to gain admission, prospective members were required to prove themselves with a feat of strength, often taking the form of a ritual duel, or holmgang, with a Jomsviking.”
And great discipline: “Once admitted, the Jomsvikings required adherence to a strict code of conduct in order to instill a sense of military discipline among its members. Any violation of these rules could be punished with immediate expulsion from the order. Each Jomsviking was bound to defend his brothers, as well as to avenge their deaths if necessary. He was forbidden to speak ill of his fellows or to quarrel with them. Blood feuds between members were to be mediated by Jomsviking officers. Jomsvikings were forbidden to show fear or to flee in the face of an enemy of equal or inferior strength, though orderly retreat in the face of vastly outnumbering forces appears to have been acceptable. All spoils of battle were to be equally distributed among the entire brotherhood. No Jomsviking was permitted to be absent from Jomsborg for more than three days without the permission of the brotherhood. No women or children were allowed within the fortress walls, and none were to be taken captive.”
Oath and RP:
“I swear on my (preferred weapon) that i will always be loyal to Jomsborg to my death. I will fight alongside my brothers, and we will together achieve victory at all costs. I promise to always do my best, and never back down at any cost. No fear. No cowardliness. Odin is my witness. “
This is the oath that will be said infront of the whole brotherhood when gathered. (RP event)
The initiation ritual will look something like this:
•You get recruited somehow.
•You are being tested by some jomsviking if you deserve to get in, in a holmgång.
•You are being tested for your bravery in a realfight (shieldwall event)
•You get accepted.
•You swear oath to Jomsborg.
photo-runic-stone-jomsborg-wolin-poland-30697-xl.jpg

Jómsvíkinga Saga
the real Jómsvíkingar is what this clan is based around, this is were we got all our information (not english, only scandinavian language)
we also used wikipedia, too try getting most things as historical as possible.
jellingestil.gif

Islandic: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/J%C3%B3msv%C3%ADkinga_saga
Swedish: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/Jomsvikingarnas_Saga
Danish: http://www.heimskringla.no/wiki/Jomsvikinga_Saga_%28C.C.Rafn%29
vikingaskepp.jpg

Gallery
8RxBY.jpg
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage
NmeMO5k.jpg
ofOl2xN.jpg
1UAF0YM.jpg
9p8FVFe.jpg
fX3dE82.jpg
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage
10149029_505060876282401_41419714_o.jpg
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage
1024x819.resizedimage

50px-Valknut-Symbol-triquetra.svg.png

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Jomsvikingar

-Why should I join you?

-We are the only Vikingr Clan at the moment who has got a own Vikingr Server.
-We do training's every saturday, those trainings are very versatile and are ranging from formation training, spearfights, duels with swords and axes to archery training and a lot more than that.
-Every member is important to us, and we respect the opinion of everyhone which is we have a Ting (governing assembly in german socieites) every friday. On our Ting we talk about weekly topics, plans, ideas and upcoming events. If there are complaints from members we will discuss them during the Ting.
-You will always be updated about events in Vikingr.
-Vikingr isn't the only game we play.Some of us also play Persistent World, Minecraft or Age of Empires
- Join us! Or not...

8RxD7.jpg

Beware!

verðr Óðinn að vera með okkr

Am important notice here, since the multiplayer of Viking Conquest is pretty low populated, and a bit buggy aswell (the combat speed it too fast also) we Jómsvíkingar will not take part in any VC events or be active there, so we will stay on Vikingr, Rome at War and the Deluge.

Be the gods with you!

Back
Top Bottom