Bugs report

Users who are viewing this thread

I get an error when visiting the horse merchant - the game can't find the mesh for Palfrey and maybe some other horses

Also (probably should go nito suggestions), could you please put back in the Kite Shield with a black eagle on white background on it? It goes nicely with the white Surcoat over Mail and with the 3rd or 4th banner from the left (when starting a new game) and I like to equip my heroes with such a set, so that they really look like MY warriors =]

And which troop line produces the Jom Brothers? Or are they sort of a stand-alone troop type?

Hey mate, just recruited Sencha the Druid. loved the text for him, but directly after saying that I would take him onboard, there was an error come up in red text, saying something illegal happened.  Was going to write it down, but it faded out before I could.

Seems he joined the party with no probs, so maybe just a text error related to the conversation??

*edit:  I am sure I picked him in Wercheg originally, but I returned later to the same city and he was there again.  This time the recruit script was the basic 'To Do' one.  There was no double up in party, so maybe the original script error didn't actually trigger him as having joined the party?? 

Mormegil said:
I get an error when visiting the horse merchant - the game can't find the mesh for Palfrey and maybe some other horses

Also (probably should go nito suggestions), could you please put back in the Kite Shield with a black eagle on white background on it? It goes nicely with the white Surcoat over Mail and with the 3rd or 4th banner from the left (when starting a new game) and I like to equip my heroes with such a set, so that they really look like MY warriors =]

And which troop line produces the Jom Brothers? Or are they sort of a stand-alone troop type?

Thanks for the report,I'll give it a look.About the kite shield,Ubberdorc is working on a couple of shields and armors with a sort of heraldry(ravens,wolves..).
Actually my goal with the mercs is to make them a good ready-to-fight kind of troops,but with higher costs.But is still something that I have to work on for the balance.
So yes,Jom brothers are(as Rus mercs)a standalone unit.

Tulgar said:
Hey mate, just recruited Sencha the Druid. loved the text for him, but directly after saying that I would take him onboard, there was an error come up in red text, saying something illegal happened.  Was going to write it down, but it faded out before I could.

Seems he joined the party with no probs, so maybe just a text error related to the conversation??

*edit:  I am sure I picked him in Wercheg originally, but I returned later to the same city and he was there again.  This time the recruit script was the basic 'To Do' one.  There was no double up in party, so maybe the original script error didn't actually trigger him as having joined the party?? 

Thanks,so this mean that the first time the dialog was working as well?I thought that the error that come up when recruiting the new heroes had no relevance,but probably is causing the "ubiquity" of Sencha.

Mormegil said:

I will see what I can do, I have been crazy busy the last couple of weeks - but I like that shield too - maybe put it on a round shield and a Norman shield?

I finnaly managed to get the game to show up on current settings but when I try and run the TDA file it tells me that the Textures/hunting_horse.ads can't be opened. But with the other 2 mods I downloaded it tells me very similar things so Im guessing that it's not a bug.
Edit: Strangest thing is that I don't seem to have that file on my computer. Now I'm confused.

Ya whats with the terrible missing horse mesh in every town? shouldnt bugs like this be worked out ? How cat  I play if everytime I try to buy a horse game exits .

Vympel said:
Ya whats with the terrible missing horse mesh in every town? shouldnt bugs like this be worked out ? How cat  I play if everytime I try to buy a horse game exits .

It'll be fixed in the next version,for now just ignore it.

pentagathus said:
I can't even get onto the start menu. You're lucky.

I don't know why you can't play this mod,what I know is that it's not a game bug.

Ooooh I've worked it out with some experimenting (althjough I gave myself a bit of a scare.) What I've found out is that the file I downloaded did'nt contain the Textures/hunting_horse_a.dds file so I'm going to download it from another source (downloaded this one from file repository) but there is a problem. The latest version (map fixed) does'nt show up on my current settings so I had to download the one which is called "updated" on file repository. So I have no idea where to find another source for this version. Unless I can get my friend to email me the file that I need. Actualy that might work better. If he has the mod.......

No one has that horse's .dds file ... that's why everyone gets that error. Just click Ignore or OK when you get the texture error to ignore it.

Hey just downloaded the mod, about to play if i find any bugs that haven't been mentioned ill let ya know  :grin:

Found a couple of bugs:

When you attack Bandits your relationship with Brigands goes down and when you attack Brigands your relationship with Bandits goes down.

I forgot his name but the king in Jerkala (is that right?) have some wierd gramma.

I left uthriel (forget the companion's name) to wait.  I also gave him about 13 soldiers.  When I came back there were two uthriel's.  The one with my 13 soliders and another who was alone.  Dialgue with the former was normal, but with the duplicate, it had the options "surrender or die" and "go in peace" (not exact words). 

After you click surrender or die, there is only an option to "leave." 

FerdiadITA, I am doing the BoW merge right now. I also am fixing the dialog for Sencha and the others. I've fixed up the writing, too, for spelling, grammar, and contextual issues. So far, so good! I hope to get you something tonight.

Back
Top Bottom