Feedback and suggestions

Danes should have

• infantry and archers divided

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • infantry and archers united

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

i love this mod and i have been playing it very much. the only thing that it needs is some rare super expensive gear. the lord's helms are so cheap. once i have 40k in the bank, a couple fiefs, and hardened, thick, and balanced everything i have nothing else to spend my dough on. i don;t even have better equipment than my troops! i would like to have jeweled helms, gold handles on swords, and mail that is way royal. this mod needs some endgame.

i'm thinking like 20k for the mail, 10k for a sweet helm, and 15k for a stellar weapon. maybe even more!

iwwtf_az said:
... i would like to have jeweled helms, gold handles on swords.
Jeweled helmets didn't exist at that time (no archaeological finds)
and gold - being one of the most soft of all metals - wasn't used for weapons.

But I agree that some of the armour could be more expensive.
I also expect some of the armour to be removed from the mod,
such as the anachronistic plate armour.

iwwtf_az said:
.. once i have 40k in the bank, a couple fiefs...
Then you've come far and would quickly be able to make a lot of money anyway...

iwwtf_az said:
... this mod needs some endgame.
This game has not endgame. It is not about getting equipment. However, exclusive, expensive gear can be fun and interesting if it mostly have an aesthetic value - no need for "better" equipment, just fancier.

I wonder if one can change the cost of troops so high tier troops and especially mercs are very expensive to maintain. Make the steps in tier salaries much steeper. This way you wouldn't automatically upgrade and walk around with a huge group of top tier troops unless you are a really high level player with many fiefs.

Also, you have the graphics of "spear" and "boar spear" reversed (not sure if this is an actual bug, or done on purpose).

A "boar spear" is a spear with cross wings at the blades pommel. These were initially installed to prevent the boar from keep charging after impaling itself on the spear. It found practical uses on combat spears as well (in blocking, grabbing and preventing too deep penetration).

Currently the "spear" model is the one with the wings and the "boar spear" has none. On my version of your mod, I also add a weak swing, cut damage attack to the "boar spear" model due to its short pole and long blade.

I thought it was took out,I'll remove it immediatly,thanks.

@mouthnhoof:thanks,I'll change the names of the spears.And maybe I could give the swing to the spears and lances,to make them a bit stronger and useful for the low tier troops.

As suggested about end game equipment, well, why not just make everything more expensive, especially the best equipment.  Anyway good equipment was rare and truely expensive (even without being fancy).  As far as armor models, maybe some armors with fur elements would be period correct.  Oh, and by the way, since Bandit King mod got ported to 0.903, it would be great if you include it.  Gives a lot of freedom of action.

one thing you should consider is making a jarl armour, featuring arm rings. this was standard practice for danes, and a lot of saxon warriors, as arm rings denoted one's prowess in battle. hell, if you could involve some sort of variably ringed armour that would be crazy, however i doubt that this would be possible

iwwtf_az said:
. this mod needs some endgame.

I agree on the fact that, in comparison to a mod like BoW, you seem to reach the "i-m-uber" status a lot faster.. dunno if that's because equipment is "simpler" thus less costly and troops are often just something more than peasants (and that s the cool of the mod).. fact is that it's something anyway i think it s connected to native.. like not being able to actaally do something cool with your castle or leading the other lords (thus to raid cities you ahve to get a really great army wich requires you to grind a lot of renown to be able to siege those).

But maybe, a way to improve that could be to make some "stronger" units.. i totally like the general feel of the mod, the general lack of cavalry and the absence of generallly uber equipped foes, yet after you ve reached high levels, enemies like caravans and bandits really get EASY PRAY once you have your army of npcs and yourself uberly equipped and skilled..
I know you've been working on adding new enemies aside bandits and seaa riders.. and imho that s what it should be done to make the game last longer.. "put in tougher foes", like bands of dane lords wich are equipped always with mail and stuff but really good one and they should be REALLY high level (just take an example at BoW npcs like swadian inquisitor wich are like level 30 and have a huge amount of HPs), to put it short: make it so that you have some units that don't die with just a swing of my sword or an arrow of my bow once i am level 30.

Just posting some first impressions. I turned "show friendly units names" off and I love the chaos and violence so far :grin:
Great mod :!:

edit: There are two minor things I noticed.. Brigands and frisian raider parties are moving way too fast for me too catch them (my speed is usually around 5,2-5,5, they move at 4,7-5,5) and they always have LOTS of prisoners.
2nd: AI lords have really small armies (some of them only carry 30 troops) Could be because their economy gets wrecked by bandits? -- Village farmers can't reach their destinations because of all the brigands and raiders running around.. I tried to catch the bandit parties, to improve my economy, but they are simply moving too fast..

Apart from that: Scottish units should have some kind of range attack. They can't do anything, when I lay siege to their castle. They stay in their fortification and wait to be shot / get hacked to pieces, when my elite melee arrives.

parachute said:
edit: There are two minor things I noticed.. Brigands and Frisan raider parties are moving
way too fast for me too catch them (my speed is usually around 5,2-5,5, they move at 4,7-5,5)
and they always have LOTS of prisoners.
No, they actually move slow, since they have many prisoners. Speed 4,7-5,5 is slow/medium speed.
After just about 100 days your party with 50 men will easily catch them.

parachute said:
Apart from that: Scottish units should have some kind of range attack.
They can't do anything, when I lay siege to their castle.
They stay in their fortification and wait to be shot / get hacked to pieces, when my elite melee arrives.
The Scottish have javelin throwers, there are just not that many of them.
Instead they are one of the few that have horsemen.
So I agree. The Scottish castles/towns are very easy to capture.
But it's good for diversity that one faction have no archers - I just don't want to join them  :smile:

Adorno said:
parachute said:
edit: There are two minor things I noticed.. Brigands and Frisan raider parties are moving
way too fast for me too catch them (my speed is usually around 5,2-5,5, they move at 4,7-5,5)
and they always have LOTS of prisoners.
No, they actually move slow, since they have many prisoners. Speed 4,7-5,5 is slow/medium speed.
After just about 100 days your party with 50 men will easily catch them.

Problem is, I don't have any mounted units in my army. If I only have top tier units, I can catch them, but as soon as I have some village recruits, it becomes nearly impossible without travelling through half of England. I cheated and gave my character 2 additional points of pathfinding because of this. Adding additional horses to the inventory didn't help. Morale is excellent, so it may be good to modify the movement/map travel speed of the low tier units.

I have a bit of a suggestion regarding manhunters.

They're chanceless, now that river pirates actually sometimes carry a bit of equipement instead of only a butter knife. But, the manhunters still have nothing but their mace. (And, often, horses, but those die aswell.)

Back
Top Bottom