SP Medieval 1429: The Hundred Years War

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for your reply but many of many questions remain:

I have a RGL error message that says Resource/alcool.brf cannot be opened.

I wish to play the old French version but to apply only the translation, since the pic_freelancer seems problematic. Which files apply to the translation?
Thank you in advance!

About the first question:
I cannot answer you 100%, bwcaue FantasyWarrior is more suitable for that, as author of the mod, but usually, mesh errors like that have sth to do with different versions of Warband. Check in the Module's Resource folder and see if ther is a file named alcool.brf. Then, search it iside the module.ini file(hit Ctrl+F and search for load_mod_resource = alcool). Other than that, you could ask FantasyWarrior, he is an amazing guy and he usually replies to messages. :smile:

About the second question: The answer I'm afraid is NO. You cannot apply the old translation to the new version, mainly because so many things and dialogues were added. If you do, this will mess up you files for good.

I hope those help you a bit.

I used to play this mod even though I didn't understand almost anything. Je ne parle pas francais. Was a real ***** trying to crack the riddle quests.  :mrgreen:
But indeed. Clearly top-10 warband mod, almost top 5. Easily if restricted to only quest driven mods or the one's doing best improvements to townscapes/territory. Tournament joust is simply the best.

Anyway, it would help if someone more knowledgeable would paste the quest texts etc. to pastebin or better yet Google Docs.
Then everyone willing could easily pitch in...

I promise to try to translate some if they appear. Unfortunately I'm not ideal because neither of the languages (from and to) are native to me.

So there is no English (even partial) release yet? Only something 80% done by mr. Seek n Destroy? Or was it 80% done for the previous version, which can't applied to current?

How's the translation progressing? ETA?
Need help? If yes, let's setup the original texts somewhere so people can do even small bits (one quest) easily.

To have an excellent translation and not a half-done one, you need to contact FantasyWarrior and he will give you the souce code(module files), Then, you need to read and translate everything from French to English. When we talk about 50 new quests, that may well be over 25000 lines of stuff written. A LOT of work. And you need to be fluent i both languages. So, if anyone is indeed interested and able, contact FantasyWarrior. :smile:

I'm not surprised there's a bit of confusion here, just a suggestion but why don't you keep the original name of the mod " 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans" ? I know this has the content translated to English to some degree but to actually translate the title on the board thread means there's now three mods for warband called The hundred years war, the fact this mod is originally French is what sets it apart from the rest, it's geared to be played from the French side regarding quests/RPG elements etc.

Hmm, good thinking. If FantasyWarrior wants a french title, I will change it in an instant. He is technically in charge of the thread, I am what you would call "political representative".  :smile:

nads said:
I'm not surprised there's a bit of confusion here, just a suggestion but why don't you keep the original name of the mod " 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans" ? I know this has the content translated to English to some degree but to actually translate the title on the board thread means there's now three mods for warband called The hundred years war, the fact this mod is originally French is what sets it apart from the rest, it's geared to be played from the French side regarding quests/RPG elements etc.
I would recommend sticking with the french name as well. Because I had played that one and it took quite a while before I understood that this is the exact same mod.

This mod could use an English intro/overview at the forums regarding the things you can do. Because even after playing I have hard time understanding what you can actually do and what features there are. I'm just stuck in a maze of random quests. Sense of direction is slightly hazy when you don't understand most of the texts.
You can use spoiler tags if need be.

For example should I sell the prizes I get from tournaments or keep them?
Should you follow the rebel quest line or does it close some doors for you?
What's the ultimate goal of you joining comp. SansLys or is it just free armor and bugged quest?

The building part is one of the hardest to decipher from French. Meaning those recipes and items to combine into things.

The mod is definitely playable even if you don't understand french. So anyone interested and reading this, just go ahead. For example that one SansLys quest riddle can be googled.

Hi

Here is the final version, with 0% of bug (i hope)  :mrgreen:

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5960/?

-you have the module system based on the 1.134 warband version.
-you can change the codes, add more quests for the english faction, ect...
-you can work for a new version, (translation + english version) no problem.
-all resources are in osp.

Antonis said:
Hmm, good thinking. If FantasyWarrior wants a french title, I will change it in an instant. He is technically in charge of the thread, I am what you would call "political representative".  :smile:

La guerre de cent ans = hundred year war translated, no problem.
Thank you for your help Antonis.  :mrgreen:

And remeber, i've just made this thread (well Antonis for me, because i have an very bad english...) for give the resources, and the mod.

Actualy the mod need for the translation only, and modifications if you want.
I think this base is perfect for start a fantastic mod (after the translation of course) but here, you have a LOT of realy cool codes, and an incredible stability.
If you like the hundred years war, and if you want make your mod above...

And the landscapes are realy beautiful...
My work is finished here  :wink: see you soon.

Best regard.

Unfortunately there seems to be a rather nasty bug.

Tournament jousting produces an error which leads to the usual damage taken/given and knockout texts to disappear permanently.

The log spews out:
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid agent ID: 0; Line NO: 3:
At mission template mst_joutes_brg trigger no: 7 consequences.
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1710: Invalid agent ID: 0; Line NO: 3:
At mission template mst_joutes_brg trigger no: 6 consequences.
At mission template mst_joutes_brg trigger no: 6 consequences.
SCRIPT WARNING ON OPCODE 1713: Invalid agent ID: 0; Line NO: 2:

That 3 part script warning is looped.

The AI also acts weird during joust. It doesn't come straight towards but comes to a full stop at 1/3rd way and turns diagonally towards the player, or it veers towards his right - as in out of reach. This is weird and not proper jousting. You can't even beat it because it will knock you down if you decide to continue on a straight path. The only way to win is to turn towards right and then come the last part so you face the AI straight on. If you do that the AI has no chance. Not sure if it has something to do with that error, but the previous version's jousting (with the realistic joust patch) worked nicely.

That error doesn't go away if you e.g. load another save. You need to close warband.exe and start it again for console messages to appear properly again in game.

Error only appears in the tournament joust. Melee choice in tournament works. Battles involving cavalry seemed also ok. So it should be in the part of code that's unique to tournament joust.

Here's a video which shows how to reproduce the bug (video is choppy but works, sorry):

Notice the red text flicking briefly at 0:56. After that there's no text to be seen, even in the arena which I proved worked ok before this joust.
Script warnings at 1:39.

Quest for the SansLys recruiment is more broken than before. Now you can't even get the armor because when you defeat the instructor it doesn't go any further. He doesn't tell you to continue to killing the target dummies, just attacks you again. The dude on top gives only minus relations if you go talk to him because you are supposed to be sent there by the instructor.

Woo it's difficult to understand in english for me  :lol:

It's realy strange, you are the only one to have this bug  :shock:

I take a loot at this code error and i search a fix for that (i think save game compatible), thank you.

(Maybe, i can give the joustes in osp, but it's realy realy complicated)  :roll: and contain an entry in a lot of module system files, textures/brf...

But it work  :mrgreen:

And it's realy good to play.

Do you have take some fix "save game compatible" from here ?
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5955/?
another time, here is the final version (the same with the patch included) but not save game compatible ! because this version contain more patch (not save game compatible).
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5960/?

1429_La_Guerre_de_Cent_Ans_Edition_Acier : you have some fix if you have a lot of days in your game "save game compatible" This is a little bit tricky, but it's ok, i play like that.
1429_La_Guerre_de_Cent_Ans_Edition_Acier_Finale : for start a new game.

Maybe...you have a little bug, i have some minor bugs too with the fix save game compatible  :roll:
Can you start a new game just for try a joust ? is still not working ?

> you can make the training joust more quickly, arena master/"peut t'on s'entrainer a jouter ?"

I've take a look at my codes, everything is ok, an dit work in game.
I think it's a problem with the patchs ? hmmm well how to fix that with the saves ?  :roll:

Can you try in a new game ?

ps: the "categorie B" is the jouste on foot, 1 vs 1 too.

It was a new game of the final version (1429 edition acier finale 17 December 2014). I didn't take the optional 1429 EAF module systeme 1_134 though.
It should be easy to repeat. I've started another new game and the exact same error appeared.
Just find a tournament and joust on a horse. Foot fighting with swords (category B) part of tournament is ok.
Regular arena horse lancer practice not broken.

One week ago I played an earlier version where tournament jousting worked fine. That was 1429_edition_acier_finale 4.12.2014 and an optional file regarding realistic tournaments (item_kinds1.txt dated 9.12.2014).
So it used to be ok for me, but acier finale version broke it (save game was not transferred). Like the SansLys quest, where the instructor now fails to give you the armor and send you to his boss instead of the earlier version that gets bugged after you've beaten the bandits at the street patrol.

Damn, y'oure right , the joust not work in the new version  :shock:

I'm going to upload a new, sorry, (or patchs).

It work on the previous  :shock:

:?:

You can downlaod the prvious version if you want a quick solution + the patch, it's the same than the finale version (without 1/2 little bug fix, not important realy) remove your actual version.

It work after that ?  :mrgreen:

:evil:

FantasyWarrior said:
You can downlaod the prvious version if you want a quick solution + the patch, it's the same than the finale version (without 1/2 little bug fix, not important realy) remove your actual version.

It work after that ?  :mrgreen:
Yes. Like I said, I played the previous version a week ago and it was fine. I still have the folder so I'm fine, but it's good that you fix it for anyone else that is going to download the new one.

But check out that SansLys too. If you beat the instructor at Bourges and go back to him he wants to duel you again and it never goes any further. That was fine in the previous version as well (although it broke at the next part after you patrolled the streets). Not a big loss though since it's only one armor piece.

Just checking in. I love this mod, and yes I've been playing it in Spanish (God only knows what the heck some of the text say, i just click and hope for the best). Anyway, can anybody tell me how soon the translation may be finished?

It really depends, man. If someone appears with an excellent knowledge of French and reasonably good typing skills appears, he/she could finish it quite quickly. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom