Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

Users who are viewing this thread

Question, will we finally be able to kill captured lords?  I always wanted that option in the original so I could reduce the number of lords in the factions I am dealing with.  There are mods for it, but just curious if that was in the cards?

This is great and all but how long we looking at for it to be released.
Its starting to look good, but now I just want to actually play it.

Bugs and crap don't bother me. They can get patches.

Great blog! this game is getting better, i have already buy all the games, and i think i will do it with this one too!  :grin:
I cant resist to ask, in the third image, you can see soldiers and horsemens that are lefthanded, is just in the screen, or are you planing to do something with that  :roll:

i dropped my jaw...its looks and sounds amazing.
i also think this game gonna be hugh. win alot of prices and so on. people are going to talk about this game
for a long time and hopefully set a new standard for these kind of games.

I know you have your own vision on how this should look like, but I have a suggestion that in my humble opinion would make the game very immersive.

So there is the Calradian Empire with its ruling elites. How about making it politically divided into "main families" and "minor families"? I will not try to hide it, my inspiration comes from Game of Thrones.
The idea of major houses falling due to political struggles, minor houses ascending and replacing them sounds great in my head. It would be great to be able to influence such shifts in power of groups of people.

It was one of the biggest things that Warband lacked for me: Influence. Yes, you could help your favorite kingdom conquer towns and castles, but it all felt very shallow. What I would love to see is  a kind of responsiveness from the world. The world should change as the player shapes it with his actions.
Most things that happened in the Warband world were rather uninteresting and boring. Lord X became the marshall? Whatever. Swadian Kingdom and Vaegir Kingdom signed peace? Nevermind. It all seemed so meaningless.

I really hope, that Bannerlord will change this, and when I will get a message like "Lady X of house A married Lord Y of house B" I will have to consider how it will influence my standing in the kingdom and if I should take some kind of action because of it.

I would also like to use this occasion to mention another thing: Depth. This game really needs depth.
Warband was a pure sandbox, with all it's pros and cons. One of the cons was the question: "What now?"
The game gave you the ability to trade, to be politically involved, and of course to fight. But everything aside from fighting was very shallow. Trading was kinda boring, aside from figuring out trading routes that would give you the biggest profit, all you could really do was start enterprises, but that was boring too, as you were essentially investing money so that it "grows" by itself. Politics were boring too, as you didn't really have much influence over what happens in the kingdom you're part of. You could influence who becomes the marshall, but it didn't really matter much.

Bannerlord should add more depth to these elements of gameplay. Introduce other traders, who you could support or have rivalry with, make your choices in diplomacy matter, like mentioned before dynamic families and houses. It would add a lot of replayability to the game and make the experience MUCH better.

I'm sorry for the length of this rant, but I really hope that Bannerlord will fill out the blanks that Warband left. :smile:

Meh...

Just kidding.

tTg4luS.gif

WTF ITS BEAUTIFUL!!! We are to be like those starving guys who can die due to over food consumption as their body is used to fast.

Wow, this is amazing! My favorite blog so far.

We do intend to give more flavor to the factions than existed in Warband. They are now divided into clans, who have their own priorities and rivalries. Lords' personalities have more variety.

Hopefully none of the lords have a "feasting" personality... :lol:

Weapons, armor, clothes and architecture should date from around 600 to 1100 AD, rather than the 13th century.

Yes! I was hoping for this!

The Empire has spent generations honing the arts of combined-arms warfare, with cataphracts, spear formations, and archers all doing their part on the battlefield.

Oooh, spear formations! This is definitely hinting at some much needed battle formations and commands.

One new feature that we hope will add a lot of color is minor factions: outlaws and mercenaries based on historical or legendary bands like the Jomsvikings or the Fianna of Ireland.

Yiiiiiiiiissss!!! This is a great feature to pursue!

A semi-scripted set of linked quests at the beginning of the game will give the player the opportunity to learn about the various factions, and have the chance to meet the key personalities  and  perhaps give them a reason to choose one or the other in the coming conflict.  After the introductory quest series, the game will then revert to the full sandbox mode

Wow, this sounds like a very good way to start the game. Thank you for the little preview!

Manu_La_Canette said:
Meh...

Just kidding.

tTg4luS.gif

WTF ITS BEAUTIFUL!!! We are to be like those starving guys who can die due to over food consumption as their body is used to fast.

wtf?? also the signature, WTF??  :grin:

:idea: I think Vlandians are like the Swadians in Warband and like the Franks(History), " ...a tribe whose chieftains have become feudal lords and are renowned for their skills as heavy cavalry". Well, Franks were had heavy cavalry during the Charlemagne's reign and there's no doubt that they,vlandians, are not like them  :smile:

One new feature that we hope will add a lot of color is minor factions: outlaws and mercenaries based on historical or legendary bands like the Jomsvikings or the Fianna of Ireland.

I can't understand this "feature". Is not the same than in warband? Bandits and mercenaries are not minor factions at all...

mike56 said:

I can't understand this "feature". Is not the same than in warband? Bandits and mercenaries are not minor factions at all...

Nope, they weren't minor factions in Warband. Bandits and Outlaws techically were assigned to their own faction but there wasn't much to it. Mercenaries didn't even have a faction, they were just some unique troops. Now in Bannerlord you can probably join these factions and they will most likely have more influence than they did in Warband. Like those unique bands they mentioned in that quote. There are a lot of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom