Troop Paths with Elite, Regular and Tank Units Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

lordxvile

Recruit
Hi!
I asked in the suggestions area if it was possible to add three troop paths and then suggested what they could be. I was just wondering if anyone was interested and if they whether they could think of some troops for each nation to fit into a troop tree with either elite, regular or tank units. (If anyone thinks that there should be a different path instead then please comment. I came up with the idea in 5 minutes... :mrgreen:)

LordxVile out

Cannot say I'm in favor as it would remove specializations such as sniper, grenadier, and what not. Not only that, there is no tanks so there's no point in having a tank crew, and having an elite branch is just a bad idea since it would void out normal troops.

Regular trooptree would be easier to train and would be normal Units while the Elite would be harder to train and would have the factions distinctions. And you could also insert different troops like snipers into both trooptree Tiers. There should be no Problem with making the trooptrees as complicated as Floris modpacks one. Also, with the regular trooptree I was thinking into the idea of conscripts and normal Army while the Elite tree is more like the SS with stronger and more expensive Troops. The Tank idea is there behause the developers are saying that they will add Tanks at some Point.

Sorry don't quite understand. My english is not very good. :sad: Do you mean localization as in the practice of adjusting to a certain Region?

Ok Thanks. And going back to your question, yes. Each factions elite troop tree has some Special advantages while the regular trooptree is just a quick way to get an average army. I was also thinking that perhaps for the Elite troop tree to Upgrade they need to visit a city and in effect Upgrade their Equipment and Rank there.

will there be small "one man" tanks?

polish-small-tank-tks.jpg

paintball_mini_tank.jpg

Theres is already invented those and practiced in combat. Those are called tankettes. And they dont look as ridiculos.
Fun fact: invented by latvians.

If there are tanks, how will they be affected by bullets? If possible, it could be interesting to add specific weapons (and troops wielding them) which inflict bonus damages against tanks but are relatively weak against infantry?

Also, regarding the addition of elite and tank troops into the game, here's my thoughts:

Already-existing units would stay the way they are.

Elite troops would start off as something like Ranger Recruit, then upgrade to a Ranger Veteran. Elite troops would be better than regular troops, but to balance this, elites would also be much more expensive than regulars and would also take longer to train (to make it hurt more when you lose one).

Tanks and tank infantry:

First, you would have to recruit tank crewmen to your party. These would only be recruited at army bases (castles) and cities. The guys who made Gekokujo figured out a way to make it so that you could only recruit advanced soldiers from castles and cities, maybe see that mod for reference. The tank crewmen themselves would only be armed with only a pistol, but are also the only ones able to drive a tank. Then, you have to actually buy a tank. Referencing another mod, the people who made Twilight of the Sun King did a thing where upon visiting a city, you could visit a canon foundry and buy up to three(?) cannons for your party, which would be used in battle. Maybe in the same way, the player could visit a tank factory or something where you could buy tanks based on how many tank crewmen are in your party. Tanks would have a really high armor rating to the point of where they would be unaffected by bullets, but weak against grenades and AT rifles (and other tanks). They would move relatively slowly, but with a powerful cannon to use against enemy troops. Maybe to simulate being able to run over enemy soldiers, you could even give tanks a really high charge rating, allowing them to knock out enemy soldiers by driving over them.

Specific and more advanced troops being recruitable from castles and towns are a feature used in Phantasy Calradia and Europe 1200. For vehicles usable by the party, there is also The Wedding Dance (a unfortunately dead mod for the original non-Warband game, so I don't know if the codes from this one would be usable here), in which you can get war chariots and drive one in battle (and give others to your companions). They could crush the other men on battlefield, too.
If anti-tank rifles are added, they should damage tank while being relatively weak against infantry (and unusable from horseback), to prevent a smart player to train a full army of antitank men. :mrgreen:

Then it would be good if they had a type of sidearm, with commands belonging to that, so you can tell them "use anti armor weapons" or "use anti personel weapons"!

Eric9999 said:
Also, regarding the addition of elite and tank troops into the game, here's my thoughts:

Already-existing units would stay the way they are.

Elite troops would start off as something like Ranger Recruit, then upgrade to a Ranger Veteran. Elite troops would be better than regular troops, but to balance this, elites would also be much more expensive than regulars and would also take longer to train (to make it hurt more when you lose one).

Tanks and tank infantry:

First, you would have to recruit tank crewmen to your party. These would only be recruited at army bases (castles) and cities. The guys who made Gekokujo figured out a way to make it so that you could only recruit advanced soldiers from castles and cities, maybe see that mod for reference. The tank crewmen themselves would only be armed with only a pistol, but are also the only ones able to drive a tank. Then, you have to actually buy a tank. Referencing another mod, the people who made Twilight of the Sun King did a thing where upon visiting a city, you could visit a canon foundry and buy up to three(?) cannons for your party, which would be used in battle. Maybe in the same way, the player could visit a tank factory or something where you could buy tanks based on how many tank crewmen are in your party. Tanks would have a really high armor rating to the point of where they would be unaffected by bullets, but weak against grenades and AT rifles (and other tanks). They would move relatively slowly, but with a powerful cannon to use against enemy troops. Maybe to simulate being able to run over enemy soldiers, you could even give tanks a really high charge rating, allowing them to knock out enemy soldiers by driving over them.

Completely agree mate! :grin: Your tank ideas are great.

Psychopompos said:
ScreamingCommie said:
We would also need equivalents for other nations as well

I won't be able to suggest whole unit's branch names, since I only speaks French and English (and German, but very poorly), but here are suggestions for the Balionic ones:

Elite: Balionic Army Rangers Path
The first unit (Balionic Ranger Recruit) is recruited in a "castle". Then:
Code:
Balionic Ranger Recruit -> Balionic Ranger Trainee -> Balionic Ranger Rifleman -> Balionic Ranger Veteran Rifleman -> Balionic Ranger Commando
                                                   \-> Balionic Spotter -> Balionic Scout -> Balionic Sniper
No cavalry in this troop tree.

Regular: Confederate States Army Path
The current Balion unit tree (infantry and cavalry) minus the snipers; the basic recruit can also be upgraded to Balionic Mechanic Cavalry Trainee (cf below).

Tanks: Balionic Mechanic Cavalry Path
Code:
Balionic Mechanic Cavalry Trainee -> Balionic Tank Driver
                                  \-> Balionic Tank Cannon Operator
As WW2 USA wasn't very famed for its tanks, the Balionic Tank tree will stop here. :mrgreen:

lordxvile said:
Hi. I would like to give a Suggestion about the troop trees in the Red Wars Mod. My idea is to add three different Upgrade paths for each faction. (I have Seen somewhere that it is possible) The First being a more Elite Upgrade path which costs more and takes longer to get through. The Second being a more easy to Upgrade path with slightly worse troops. Perfect for quickly raising an Army. The third path is maybe a bit unlikely but since I saw that it might be added I thought we could have a tank user and engineer path.

I am going to use Swadia as an example:

Elite: Waffen SS Path

First, the Swazi Rekrut (Then it branches out into three Options) then Swazi SS Rekrut. From there you could branch out into Cavalry and Infantery. So, Swazi SS Pferd Korp and Swazi SS Infanterie Korp. Then for the final Upgrade: Swazi SS Elite Pferd Korp and Swazi SS Sturmtrupp.

Regular: Wehrmacht Path

Again, the Swazi Rekrut first. (Then branching) Then you choose Swazi Gefreiter. Here you could again choose between Cavalry and Infantery. Swazi Pferd Korp and Swazi Wehrmacht Soldat. Then again for the final Upgrade: Swazi Elite Pferd Korp and Swazi Wehrmacht Sturmtrupp.
Perhaps also change one or both of the cav into snipers. Or even have a third choice again for sniper after first upgrade.

Tank: Panzer Path.

First the Swazi Rekrut. (Then branching) From here to the First Panzer Unit: Panzer Lehrling. A Unit a Bit like the Pionier with bad Equipment and maybe a handgun. Then you could choose between a Swazi Panzer Kanonier and a Swazi Panzer Fahrer. The First being a gunner and the Second a driver. The two together could operate one Panzer. Then for the final Upgrade: Swazi Gelehter Panzer Schütze and Swazi Gelehter Panzer Fahrer. Those two might just have higher stats or something.

Units I have not mentioned that should be included are a medic that has healing stats and a engineer that can fix Tanks.

Cheers for the Mod so far though. Haven't had this much fun in ages.

LordxVile out.

I should really have added this earlier in this Post but here it is anyway; these are two ideas for faction troop trees by Psychopmpos and me. If anyone else has an idea for a faction troop tree then please Post it. :mrgreen:

I kinda suggested this a few times and even emailed the guys on moddb because I'm really attached to this idea but what if you can recruit like foreign soldiers in the style of WFAS:

Such as, Askaris and Zouaves from the colonial officer in castles and towns like Yalen and Jelkala for the Rhodoks (good offensive skirmishers).

Handschar-like or Vaegir volunteers, who despise the idea of communism and joined the Swazi's regime and army who can be recruited by the Foreign Recruiter in Praven and Ryibelt (Assault troops and Raiding cavalry).

Cossacks in Vaegir towns and castles by the Cossack Registry Officer. (Light offensive cavalry with sabres and carbines).

Tribesmen from the Sarranids from the Elder in the Lords Hall. (Who can be recruited differently, sort of like the Lance-System in 1257AD where indtea of recruiting 4-5 every 3-4 days, he just gives you like 20 at once with mixed levels and you can disband the forces afterward. Excellent skirmishers and good ranged cavalry. While camping and taking an action such as getting the imam to read the Qu'ran, this boosts moral).

Khergits and Nords can recruit outside-the-nation support which would take a few days which can include mountain infantry armed with carbines, assault weapons and machine guns and ski troops (who move faster in snowy terrain, not sure how it would work but it would be cool).

Helvetians can either recruit lancers and hussars or elite anti-fascist militia skirmishers.

And finally, the Balions can recruit Dog Soldiers (Native Balions), or Rangers who are one of the best assault troops you can recruit but come in small numbers).

Back
Top Bottom