SotaMursu Goes Single Player - SP playthrough by an MP player

Cut off grinding quests/bandits or include it?

• Cut off grinding

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Include it

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd say, put the grind in.  Fast forward through boring parts if you can be bothered.  If not, we can skip it ourselves during watching.  No biggie.

Anyway, what kind of build are you planning to go with?  I (not so) humbly suggest raising combat stats a bit, but then switching to Intelligence and raise party skills for leader bonuses.  Your companions will level up very slowly on foot with no ranged weapons so they will be useless for party skills for a very long time.  You will level up much faster.  With your fighting ability you don't need stats to be good at combat, so invest in party skills instead.

At least that's what I would do.

bakters said:
I'd say, put the grind in.  Fast forward through boring parts if you can be bothered.  If not, we can skip it ourselves during watching.  No biggie.

Anyway, what kind of build are you planning to go with?  I (not so) humbly suggest raising combat stats a bit, but then switching to Intelligence and raise party skills for leader bonuses.  Your companions will level up very slowly on foot with no ranged weapons so they will be useless for party skills for a very long time.  You will level up much faster.  With your fighting ability you don't need stats to be good at combat, so invest in party skills instead.

At least that's what I would do.

I'll probably go for around 7 power strike and shield, then just int and charisma.

Cutting away the grind would pretty much mean that i would not upload repetitive bandit hunts and quests, and only include sieges and more decisive battles and events.

Intelligence gives you two skill points every time, which allows for more leader bonuses to party skills and also makes your party effective earlier, since you level up faster than your companions. 

The disadvantage is, that if you are out (that is red, below 10% health, I think) there are no bonuses applied, and also you can't have high Charisma and Leadership which means constant problems with morale and a bit lower party size.  Pumping up Charisma and Leadership lets you save up to 50% on wages too.

Ultimately INT is a more powerful primary stat, but it requires skillful play to offset some negative sides.  If you can pull it off, it will work much better. 

Regarding the grind, I would like to see levelup screens too.  Having some links in the description would do in case you decide not to do much editing.  But of course do whatever feels comfortable to you.

Thanks for the effort you put into it.  I'll watch it.

Back
Top Bottom