Lars Rinne - Kraham

Hakan Larsson - Flatron

Anton Roope - Raptor

Mikael Rossi - Vesuna

Lennie Strand - InfeRR

Ertey Vasilyev - Erty

[td]
History
Hakkapeliitta (Swedish - Hakkapeliter) -  national reiters recuited from Finns, one of the most powerful, dangerous and fearsome toys in the hands of Swedish kings in XVIIth century, especially during Gustav's II Adolf reign and thirty-years war. The term "Hakkapeliitta" was based on Finnish battle cry "hakkaa päälle", which means "Cut them down". Their equipment didn't differ much from other reiter units, but what distinguished them, was the the havoc they wreaked on the enemy's land and their effectivity both as a light cavalry (which they supposed to be) and a heavy (in the battle of Lützen they fought against imperial cuirassiers). During several wars between Sweden and Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Hakkapeliitta managed to defeat even legendary winged hussars... In Germany there was created a prayer saying:  "Lord, protect us from the horrible Hakkapeliitta"

[size=18pt]About us

Our clan exists since March 2013. After the fall of CzKR and short life of its successor, PpKR, we decided to create a completely new clan under my command. We cooperated with many Polish clans, including 5pp, PK, 14pk and 5pk. Today we are one of the major clans in both Polish and Intenational The Deluge Community

PS: Our ranks are Swedish as we are a part of Swedish army, not only Finnish. And Finninsh sounds too weird XD

[td]

etaEdhV.png

Our Servers :

Community_Official  (60 slot)

The_Deluge_Reloaded (200 slot)

Teamspeak3 :

91.239.66.41:1337

Clan website:

http://hakkapeliter.cba.pl

Youtube channel:

Hakkapeliter - Deluge Clan

[/td]

[/td]

I'll bet this falls on deaf ears, but let it be said anyway that Hakkapeliitat used Finnish as their language as they were Finns. This means that orders, ranks and chitchat happened in Finnish, not Swedish. Being part of the Swedish army had nothing to do with the language you used or your ranks as there was no such concept as national army back then, hence why mercenaries were so common.

Also I personally find it insulting to say that Finnish sounds stupid. But you are of course free to do as you wish :wink:, just would be nice if you didn't rationalise it weirdly.

KickingJoub said:
I'll bet this falls on deaf ears, but let it be said anyway that Hakkapeliitat used Finnish as their language as they were Finns. This means that orders, ranks and chitchat happened in Finnish, not Swedish. Being part of the Swedish army had nothing to do with the language you used or your ranks as there was no such concept as national army back then, hence why mercenaries were so common.

Also I personally find it insulting to say that Finnish sounds stupid. But you are of course free to do as you wish :wink:, just would be nice if you didn't rationalise it weirdly.

Ok, sorry, I used wrong word. Finnish ranks are not "stupid" but very strange and impossible to read properly by us and most Europeans (such as our Polish nicks  :grin: ). Swedish due to its similarities to English/German is also much easier to guess what one rank means.

And second thing is that for a long time we've been the only Polish clan playing the Swedes, so naturally we took a role of a whole army, not only consisting of Finnish cavalry. Thus we think that Swedish ranks suit a little better.

Czeremis said:
Ok, sorry, I used wrong word. Finnish ranks are not "stupid" but very strange and impossible to read properly by us and most Europeans (such as our Polish nicks  :grin: ). Swedish due to its similarities to English/German is also much easier to guess what one rank means.

And second thing is that for a long time we've been the only Polish clan playing the Swedes, so naturally we took a role of a whole army, not only consisting of Finnish cavalry. Thus we think that Swedish ranks suit a little better.

Yay, that reply makes me satisfied  :smile: I look forward to facing you in battle with my cossack comrades! (can't judge people too harshly being a part of a cossack clan with no ranks and names pulled out of our arses :lol:)

nice 1v1 yesterday. It was fun though we had no chance  :grin:

greetings from Landpassat Lippert, Pappenheimer Kürassiere

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to present you our new promo-video. Enjoy, subscribe and leave some thumbs up!
Btw first post updated.

Back
Top Bottom