Mount&Blade Warband | OS X and Linux Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Vornne said:
As I have asked in private messages, could there be any standalone package, or does it exclusively rely on Steam? Is there any probability of that in the future, at least for a dedicated server executable? I am content to keep using Wine on Linux, as always, but I would test and give bug reports if there is any interest.

I also vouch for this question. Not to say that i'm not using steam version, i'm happy to provide bug reports either way.

Taleworlds, I love you just for trying.  You've done more than most game developers do, and for that you have my thanks.

Issues I've noticed:
  • No launcher.  Nevermind.  I swear the configure tool wasn't there just a minute ago.  Did it just update while I was mid post, or am I just blind?
  • Launcher cannot select mods.  WORKAROUND***: insert the module folder name into ~/.mbwarband/last_module_warband [Linux]
  • No way to change resolution in-game.
  • No icon when alt-tabbing or on the window.
  • No way to show framerate.
  • Unable to rotate the character during the face editing part of creation by right-clicking and moving the mouse.  Also unable to rotate the camera with right-clicking and dragging when in the overworld.
  • Characters are NOT successfully exported, contrary to what the game says.  No character.txt file gets created.

***  When using my workaround to load third party mods, I had some issues.  Some custom textures simply do not appear.  In my case, I'm using Floris Expanded.  The ground textures are not loading, as well as some outfits not appearing right, and characters' naked bodies.  I have a strong suspicion it's related to Floris relying on shaders which aren't implemented in this beta.  I found using the change item menu that even in Native, there is at least one instance of a texture not appearing in this same manner: The lute item.
Screenshot
I'm thinking the reason we can't select our own modules is because of issues like this one.  And yet, it's the only issue I ran into, which leads me to believe this is a fairly complete beta.

From what I have seen, CONGRATULATIONS!  For a first public beta of a Linux port, this is simply outstanding.  Yeah, there's some very annoying bugs, but nothing gamebreaking like falling through the floor in certain levels.  This is truly a good Linux port which just needs a bit more work before perfection.

Final Questions:
Is there any chance of With Fire and Sword or Carribean also being ported, or is that up to their respective developers?
Also, does this in any way mean that Bannerlord will be on Mac and Linux?

Hi, thank for native linux port.
I found 2 problem:
Something make translations not working correctly, I added italian translation and changed the value of ~/.mbwarband/language.txt but major part of game is still english, continues to show in English many strings that I see translated files in modules/native/languages/it
Some times on the exit of the game, when I click exit on menu the game remain blocked and I have to do alt-tab and kill the game process.

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

I confirm the language bug, also selecting language with official support (es) still show major of strings english, all strings of modules/native seems.
Please fix it or will be difficult play good for how not understand good english.

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

Not sure if this is the proper place to post bugs, but I was competing in the tournament at Shariz and got knocked off my horse, flying hundreds of feet, through several walls, to the outskirts of the city, and was unable to get back in to the tournament (or at least I couldn't figure out how to.)

Fantastic! I've already put a good handful of hours into the Mac version and it's shaping up nicely. (Although there's lots of bugs, to be sure).

Some of the things I've noticed:
-Character body invisible/disappearing during character creation (I'm just a floating head)
-75% of the time, riders who get their horses killed go absolutely FLYING (well, sliding) to the edges of the map. Sometimes through walls during tournaments
-Really weird lighting glitches, like massive checkerboards, lines, or other weird shapes of light and shade that sometimes appear and fill up the landscape
-A couple times during night battles, a gigantic red silhouette of me on horseback appears in the sky, mimicking my motions

If helpful, I've got some video screen captures of most of the above issues, though I'm sure they're fairly common right now.

Hello, Yeah, in my game i don't have any textures of bodys or the majority of items. ONLY HEADS AND ARMS!
Some textures of buildings aren't there. And when i was installing the game it was said that it would take 912MB but only 550 were installed. I'm a mac user and i saw a lot of people having this issues. Help as fast as you can!
(i just bought a game and i want to conquer Calradia and playing on multiplayer)!

Some issues are still in multiplayers, such as i can't connect to some servers or when i play on the servers after 3 mins it kicks me!

I'm playing on steam and it's quite the problem for a lot of people.

Thank you for such a great game and i'm waiting for bannerlord!

screenshots of such bugs!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050415871/screenshots/

Very nice to see this running natively on Linux, thanks!

Just to add to the bug report list, the import/export character does not seem to work. Export says it is successful, but can't find the file anywhere. Import says the file is missing after it being exported first. Might be some problem with the path for these files.

ayhanbezmez said:
Anyways, I asked optLn about this problem, he said that they didn't check the game on an Intel based Mac and that they would be working on it soon. That's probably the problem, so if anybody else has it, just be patient.

Hello, to fix it, just put "ON" on environment shadows. And try it on custom battle.

The game still crashes on multiplayer! (Mac users)

Mac- I can usually get about 10 minutes on a multiplayer server and then it crashes, I also cannot play on any server that requires a map download.

EDIT: Most of the time not even 10 minutes, usually around 3-5.

I couldn't reproduce that Mac bug about missing graphics with an Intel GPU(on a recent Macbook air), fixing that may take some time until we find an older Mac. And do you just get kicked on multiplayer servers or does the application crash too? If you only get kicked, it's probably about the physics engine. We are aware of that issue and will fix in the beta process.

Once you join the server and wait for a few minutes the entire game crashes all the way out.

Another interesting bug, battles in SP at night have a strange large red player model in the sky. Im not sure why that appears, is any one else experiencing this?

Back
Top Bottom