Native Completed [NA] - Bear n' Heat | Duel Tournament - Completed - GRATZ ORDYN

Users who are viewing this thread

Just noticed that west coasters have to duel on east coast if vs euro. Take it this isn't a North American tourney then?
Just seems that if this is supposed to be a NA tourney, that its odd for Euro's to have better ping than their west coast opponents.

(Hint: I live in central and get same ping for east coast and central so unaffected by this)

Aura (Zaffa) said:
Nationalism

Eastern American servers are still in North America, I don't see how you draw any other such conclusion. It's like arguing that a European Duel Tournament set on the Ludus isn't European because an Eastern Fin gets lower ping than an American on the East Coast.

A tourney caters to its participants.  When euros are favored over the west cost, regardless of geogrqphy, it ceases to be an NA tourney.  Instead, it is an international tourney that caters to NA.

Aura (Zaffa) said:
A tourney caters to its participants.  When euros are favored over the west cost, regardless of geogrqphy, it ceases to be an NA tourney.  Instead, it is an international tourney that caters to NA.

Then by that argument you require Europeans to entirely blocked from participating under the tournament, as after all, Europeans are not North Americans. It still stands that the Tournament is North American based, the servers are in North America and hence it's a North American tournament. Just as the Premier League is still an English Football League, regardless of the fact the majority of the players are not English. In any case, there are going to few West Coast v European Duels and even then the likelihood that a European has a lower ping than an America are smaller still. Tournaments are about testing skill and reaching the most even and practical medium, not about trying to win advantages.

It's a North American Tournament that by and large caters to North America.

Ive decided to keep it in favor of the NA players so in the rare case that a west coast player and a euro play, it will be on a central server. on the bracket I will try to keep that from ever happening in the first place.

ACanadianPolarBear said:
Ive decided to keep it in favor of the NA players so in the rare case that a west coast player and a euro play, it will be on a central server. on the bracket I will try to keep that from ever happening in the first place.
Or, when the NA's players ping is actually worse, you can go to a central server, instead of dis.

As a sidenote, Zaffa, 's wrong with you?

dis is ugly bear, i should of edited it, it'd be fking zeus status

2bahd ur stoopid butt dunno how to give me MODERATOR

Back
Top Bottom