Calradia Chronicles

Users who are viewing this thread

CHAPTER I
TALE OF ARZIEL

Ill update every now and then

Sargoth, The grand capital of the Nord Lands. Tenacious, Courageous, Daring, are the Nord warriors. In the walls of the Famished Fox Tavern, Our soon-to-be hero is having a drink. Arziel of the Ar clan has lost a lot, He was once a farmer, but in his home village of Ambean, Bandits arrived and took refuge, forcing farmers to give all the food to them, women and children starved to death, men tried to fight back, none were successful. Arziel, however, managed slip away from the village, regretting leaving his darling sister Arlondra and his dear friends Ezekiel and Bayier. Arziel fled to Sargoth, and tried to get help from the castle guards, but they did nothing. Now he is in the tavern, drinking a couple cups of ale. Arziel looked around, spotting a team of mercs, and an old leather jerkin, a rusty longsword, and a round shield. He took intrest in the gear, then the Tavernkeeper said "You can have that stuff if ye like, I 'aven't used that stuff in years." Arziel pondered this for a moment, and thought "If you need to do something, do it yourself." Arziel flipped a denar onto the counter, grabbed the stuff and left. "I'm coming sister." he whispered to himself as he left the town gates.

He journeyed on to Ambean but when he got there, a column of smoke ruled the sky. He was stricken with grief, his horse was stubborn, his boots cold, his jerkin tight, his sword heavy. He felt he had lost all near and dear to him. So, he journeyed to Zendar, and for those few days of traveling, he was not alone. Refugees had been driven out from the war, running to the one and neutral Zendar. He had finally reached Zendar. The town was bustling with businessmen and merchants. Arziel took a walk around, when a man called out him. "You sir!" He looked, The man greeted him, "Hello, I'm the Zendar Trainer, it would seem you need training." Arziel answered "Well, I did just get started.","Well I train all the future tournament fighters and mercenaries of Zendar."," That does seem, um, intresting.","So do you need training?","Um Sure." And for the next few days, Arziel trained hard and long, becoming the Trainers favorite student. When his training came to a close, The Trainer offered him a longsword. "You're on your way Arziel.","Thank you." Arziel traveled out of Zendar and headed to the port city of Wercheg, to look for support. But on his way, pirates attacked. On the road to Wercheg, Arziel was ambushed by 6 river pirates. He was prepared however, The pirates gave a swift blow towards Arziel which knocked him off his horse, and landed on his back. Arziel quickly retaliated and swiftly knocked one pirate with the hilt of his sword. One tried to sneak up on him with his knife, but our hero thought quickly and gave a glancing slash, his blood flowing into the river. another two tried to attack head on, but Arziel quickly backtracked towards the horse. But a pirate had mounted the horse and rode away. The other pirates ran for it. "Well that's a shame." Arziel said under his breath. He sat on the pirate he had knocked down. The pirate, still very alive, tried to attack, but gave up under Arziel's weight. "Gonna try that again brigand?", The Pirate quickly answered if "I have the chance." Arziel now had to walk towards Wercheg.

"So you gonna leave me here?" The pirate asked. Arziel answered,"I would, but I don't have anything to bound you, so you're coming with me." The pirate gave a grim look, "well if I'm comin' with you, you might as well know my name, Borcha at your service.","My name is Arziel, of the Ar clan." So they walked on to Wercheg, exchanging stories, having a few good laughs. Borcha told him how he became a pirate. Apparently he was once a Vaiger, he saw a few horses laying about and decided to take them out for a ride. Unfortunately, those were the king's horses, and he was quickly imprisoned. A bounty hunter came to claim a price on his head from a noble who he had angered a few months back, King Yaroglek willingly gave him Borcha. while they were traveling, they were attacked by a band of sea raiders. The bounty hunter was killed from a bearded axe the size of a horse which split him in half down the middle. Borcha, luckily ran and joined a band of river pirates, and eventually, they came across Arziel. They finally made it to the port city of Wercheg, and for a few days, they rested. Borcha taught Arziel how to pickpocket someone, and gave him helpful advice "Stealth beats Force and mind over matter." which helped him dearfully. Arziel also learned Borcha was an expert at the Glaive. Arziel and Borcha became quick friends. One day they were walking down the street when a wanted poster of them were the walls. 350 Denars on they're heads, Dead or just dead. "That's not good." Borcha commented, Arziel stated "Well that pickpocketing didn't help any of us." Borcha quickly stated, "Let's just turn around and get outta here." Unfortunately, a guard patrol quickly recognized them and gave chase. "RUN!!" Arziel screamed. They ran down alley and street, on the battlement they faced blunt arrows. On the street they faced warhammers, they finally got tired and were arrested. They were thrown into the dungeons and the guard threw away the key, in his stomach. That was a terrible mistake though and he died of lead poisoning three days later. There they sat. Then one day, when Arziel woke up, Borcha was gone. Arziel was confused, he finally submitted to the fact that Borcha deserted him. But then, Borcha scared him by appearing at the window, "Hey Arziel, wanna escape?" Arziel quickly said "Of course I do!" "Near the door I left a small dagger, " Arziel look around and he found it. "Now use the dagger to cut these bar windows." Arziel quickly did, Sawing 4 in half and slipping through the window. "What do we do now?" Arziel asked. Borcha gave him a ragged outfit, a dark cloak with a hood, and a short sword, Borcha in the same attire. "Keep your face hidden." Borcha instructed. They walked out of the city, making sure to avoid guards.

To be continued...

Back
Top Bottom