Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

mountedfighter said:
THOUGH IT LOOKS LIKE I AM EARNING ABOUT 10000 MON FROM MY PRODUCTIVE ENTERPRISES IT DOESN'T SHOW THE MONEY IN MY INVENTORY.
Once he sees the stacks of cash/denars/yen/bloodfromskulls in his treasury, he's gonna flip :lol:

Just wanted to ask how the leadership skill works on the party morale coz it's seems a 'bit' OP. Like, I only have 12 Char and 4 Leadership yet my leadership bonus on party morale is 94. Checked if it happens if I start a new game and still the same OP pattern, 9 Char and 3 Lead and around 50+ party morale bonus.

IIRC you can command roughly 190 men (leadership 10) without morale dropping from average. Later in the game, when there are 3/4 clans remaining with +20 lords each, you´ll need even more. So no, it´s not OP.

I see, that's good to hear it's intended to be that way. I apologize though since I've gotten used to leading at maximum a 120 (roughly) men and doing either a ruse retreat (into allied parties) or splitting up a group.

Just after less than a day, I'm back D: Anyhoo, had some bugs occur with the 3.1 Beta release, both of them connected to Agents and their counterparts.

1. No Bodyguards ever come with me even though I have both at least one companion or one yojimbo in my party. (also tested on Agent and Experienced Agent) Connected to that, when I enter an inn with a Yojimbo, Agent, or Experienced Agent available for hire, they appear in front of me with the green 'allied' font color on their name.

2. This one's kinda weird, while attempting a prison breakout in a city, I got downed. Then the message 'Your agents have sacrificed their lives for you. They have done their duty, can you say the same?' or the like (I just took that from memory). Then I get teleported to Tottori with a chance of losing a companion.

3. Not really a problem, but our agents just don't want to stop doing this. Like seriously, that outfit isn't even in their shown inventories.

K_f1h.jpg

I can just imagine him going 'I know I'm 68 and have a dozen grandchildren who respect me greatly, BUT YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM BEING WHAT I WANT TO BE!! D:'

As a small ending note, I have to ask... what does 'IIRC' mean, saw it while backtracking the thread to ensure no one else has posted this problem and have no idea what it means T.T"

HolyAvenger11 said:
As a small ending note, I have to ask... what does 'IIRC' mean, saw it while backtracking the thread to ensure no one else has posted this problem and have no idea what it means T.T"
It's short for If I recall correctly. It's something you say when you are pretty sure about something but it's been a while since you last were in a situation to check and you can't be 100% that you are not getting it wrong.

Well to be fair our idea of what colors fit with what gender are not universal. Like for example in much of 19th century England pink was considered a good color for little boys because grown men wore red (the color of blood) and boys were little men. And in 1980's everywhere hot pink was the thing. So much so that mechwarrior III (or was it IV) had an option to paint your colossal war machine hot pink. Or maybe this guy is just a trend setter.

:shock:
Its Ok, but description just says, that's "Women Clothes". Even japanese considered it to be women clothes)))) I tried to change it in submod, but didn't succeed. The oldie on pic must have strong reason to do this)))))))))

I can explain it to myself: that is his camouflage,  he really tries to look like civilian.. but.. something went wrong...

HolyAvenger11 said:
Just after less than a day, I'm back D: Anyhoo, had some bugs occur with the 3.1 Beta release, both of them connected to Agents and their counterparts.

1. No Bodyguards ever come with me even though I have both at least one companion or one yojimbo in my party. (also tested on Agent and Experienced Agent) Connected to that, when I enter an inn with a Yojimbo, Agent, or Experienced Agent available for hire, they appear in front of me with the green 'allied' font color on their name.

2. This one's kinda weird, while attempting a prison breakout in a city, I got downed. Then the message 'Your agents have sacrificed their lives for you. They have done their duty, can you say the same?' or the like (I just took that from memory). Then I get teleported to Tottori with a chance of losing a companion.

I took a screenshot of the 2nd one finally, looks like my memory was wrong on this one, message is as follows:

_vIxA.jpg

Ahah, though that's what it says, I still got teleported to Tottori and spent some sped up time which meant I was imprisoned ^^"

I wanted to leave a short bug report and of course a big THANK YOU for making this mod. It's nothing short of incredible!

I played 3.0 yesterday the first time and then checked again and saw 3.1 beta and that it is even savegame compatible. So I gave it a go. I was enlisted by a lord when playing 3.0. Freelancer seems to be one situation where it is not fully savegame compatible. Some weird stuff happens where you cannot get out of the contract other than through mutiny because you cannot tell your lord you want to leave the service anymore (the dialog choice misses). There is also another weird situation where when the lord enters a city and you choose to have an audience with him, you are suddenly "speaking to yourself" so to say, with your player character being the one who you address. I have a savegame if its needed.

Furthermore the only thing which is bugging me is that the cavalry of lords armies are being used so stupid that its hurting (litterally). They rush out in front, being cut down completely, before the infantry is even in sight of the enemy army. This should be addressed.

Other than that I am having a blast! :wink: Keep it up!

HolyAvenger11 said:
1. No Bodyguards ever come with me even though I have both at least one companion or one yojimbo in my party. (also tested on Agent and Experienced Agent)

I can confirm, they don't follow if you enter the Inn or a town in example. Would be really awesome though!

Just wanted to update that my problem was 'solved', for both 1 & 2 :grin:

What I did, by curiosity and luck, was use the preview update rather than the beta one (don't put all 2, I tried, it ****ed up). Which can lead me to think that the beta version is the 'outdated' one compared to the preview (not sure).

HolyAvenger11 said:

What I did, by curiosity and luck, was use the preview update rather than the beta one (don't put all 2, I tried, it ****ed up). Which can lead me to think that the beta version is the 'outdated' one compared to the preview (not sure).
To be sure of which 3.1 version you are using, go siege a castle or town with "Edit Mode" turned off. If your men cannot get through the doors then you are using the first one.

Articulo34 said:
HolyAvenger11 said:

To be sure of which 3.1 version you are using, go siege a castle or town with "Edit Mode" turned off. If your men cannot get through the doors then you are using the first one.

Damn it... now to head back to 3.0 T.T" So sad that the companion thing works on the earlier version yet doesn't on the latest one, while sieges get fixed in the latest one. Are those two problems connected?

Back
Top Bottom