Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

This thread is for posting ideas for new features and pointing out bugs in official releases.

For major game-destroying bugs, PM me as well to make absolutely sure I get your attention.

Crashing on startup, although it seems to be a bug (and a game-destroying one at that), is actually just poor optimization on my part. Your Gekokujo install is probably running correctly, just taking a long time to start up. I suggest starting a new game in windowed mode to allow you to do something else while it processes everything. Once your new character is created, you can save it and restore full-screen mode -- starting a new game takes a long time, but loading an existing save is as quick as normal Mount and Blade.

I was wondering If you could include a text document saying what each option in character creation gives you. Or a picture would be better. Its nice to know what my character can get and will get so i can think about how to spend my future points on them.

Bluestrike said:
I was wondering If you could include a text document saying what each option in character creation gives you. Or a picture would be better. Its nice to know what my character can get and will get so i can think about how to spend my future points on them.
Good idea, I'll make charts for the installer documentation and the wiki (still no entries -- i promise to add something within a day or two!)

Something I noticed in my games is that it seems items in the character inventory may get deleted when placed in the last/bottom few rows. Specifically, I would place some weapons or armor in the bottom row or two of my inventory, and after moving around for a few days trading, fighting, etc., these items would simply disappear. While I wouldn't really say this is game breaking, as I've never experienced an issue with items in the upper rows of the character inventory disappearing, I don't believe this should be occurring and have not experienced this with Native or other mods.

This occurred with a previous version (2.1 perhaps) and with the recently released 3.0 from Nexus Mods. I'm not sure if this is a personal problem or a common one, but it has happened to me more than once with the prior version and once more recently with the 3.0 release. Admittedly I have not really tested this issue thoroughly in order to investigate the cause of the problem. Has a similar issue ever been mentioned?

Thanks for the 3.0 release btw.

GimliTheDwarf said:
Something I noticed in my games is that it seems items in the character inventory may get deleted when placed in the last/bottom few rows. Specifically, I would place some weapons or armor in the bottom row or two of my inventory, and after moving around for a few days trading, fighting, etc., these items would simply disappear. While I wouldn't really say this is game breaking, as I've never experienced an issue with items in the upper rows of the character inventory disappearing, I don't believe this should be occurring and have not experienced this with Native or other mods.

This occurred with a previous version (2.1 perhaps) and with the recently released 3.0 from Nexus Mods. I'm not sure if this is a personal problem or a common one, but it has happened to me more than once with the prior version and once more recently with the 3.0 release. Admittedly I have not really tested this issue thoroughly in order to investigate the cause of the problem. Has a similar issue ever been mentioned?

Thanks for the 3.0 release btw.

Just came to the forums to report this very bug. I downloaded from ModDB, and my inventory seems to get completely wiped after completing a Tournament. I tested it twice, two different tournaments. And each time, after winning, my entire inventory gets deleted. Not entirely sure if it's directly related to the Tournaments, or if it happens for another reason. Possibly a script related to it.

maybe this bug only happens to me.

i run mb_warband.exe and i'm finding the "gekokujo" module but there's none i checked gekokujo 3.0 folder there's no "module.ini" the download the installion went perfectly i reinstall it works but some few weeks past the "module.ini" always disappear i dunno why this happens but any ideas how to protect "module.ini" from disappearing.

I made these suggestions in single thread as well but gonna repeat anyway.

-I think turning training fields into some kind of martial arts school would be cool(if its historical), it may have some functionality as well, may be even quests such as defeating a series of pupils and lastly master(should be hard) and getting mastership of the school, we may recruit basic pupils at there. we can somehow get prize equipment as well via quests etc.

-Special locations are quite dull , I think it should be possible to lose them, for example if we don't visit it for a long time, someone from inside, or lets say  a neighbouring clan or bandit group starts tp threat location, we learn it with a popup message, we should hurry and defeat the massed group of enemy near location. These locations could have some more functionality as well.

-No bows in arenas.

-Would it be better if Nagamaki and Naginata werre not avaiable to mounted ?

I like playing in custom battle and i have two questions about it:
1. Can you change the character that you can play in (all are the same). Can you change it to any other (like gunman, man with pistol bowman etc).
2. Why when i choose a faction ale the mens have no armory (some factions have all some not)?
Thanks for answer

Hello,

Congratz Marty! The new version seems to be really great on all aspects except one - Battle Lags. This happens exactly everytime my soldiers (being around 40) engage the enemy in melee combat . Till the end of the melee , I get this huge lag where it shows only 1-2 frames per 2 seconds. As long as range is kept between the troops , all is well. I lowered the graphics settings to the lowest to see if that worked. It did not. Then I lowered my battle size from 500 to 150 to see if that was the problem. It was not , since I got the same hellish lags when i engaged the troops in melee. This did not happen at all in the 2.1a version. Also noticed that when i solo bandits and the like, This problem does not happen at all. I'm betting it has something to do with the new textures on the troops and the number of them that fight clustered in melee. Kindly look into this matter.

My PC specs are :
Intel i3
8GB DDR3 RAM
1GB DDR3 Graphics card - Geforce210 (ancient!)

Regards,

Arjun

I encounter that problem if I force the game to unload and reload game resources repeatedly (quit without saving -> load) and I suspect it's a ram related issue as it is solved with me restarting the game entirely and the reputation old M&B had at being bad at handling ram. Try to see if your ram is otherwise occupied by other programs or see if warband is bloating too much.

Are you on DX7?

Hello Huskarl,

I just noticed that i did not activate "Load textures on demand" option in launcher settings as i had recently re-installed the game. The issue indeed must have been RAM related like you suggested. It seems to have subsided hopefully when the option was activated. I'am running it on DX7.

Sorry to be a nitpicker but the "sakabato" backsword, of fictional fame as the chosen weapon of a youthful, slightly okama-ish swordsman ( :mrgreen: ) is accidentially named as "sabakato", which means... well, something completely different. Presumably something to-do with mackerels.

Arjun22 said:
Hello Huskarl,

I just noticed that i did not activate "Load textures on demand" option in launcher settings as i had recently re-installed the game. The issue indeed must have been RAM related like you suggested. It seems to have subsided hopefully when the option was activated. I'am running it on DX7.
Yeap that option should cover you for now. Warband is bad at handling sheer amount of textures rather than the size of the textures (more of a drain on the gfx with size), so hopefully you'll only see a slowdown with repeated failures of ram flushing.

A got a suggestion: The abilty to switch on what upgrade path you are when you are enlisted.
Right now I am an officer, but i would like to be a mounted officer.
Sadly, I can't do this right now.

Also another issue with Freelancer, except now its a bug: My lord just got in a fight against another lord(we had an army against a single lord)And at the end of the battle, it first me to join the battle again even though the enemy had no soldiers left and this kept repeating until i knocked myself out with ctrl f3

I can give crouched hit with Yari, but I can't normally thrust, I can just just swing, bug right ?

A few little things.

A battlefield that was triggered in the western island clusters have pathing issue where 4 soldiers will consistently get stuck in the spawn point.
4857D6D2C04A0CD84EBCDFD53A47EA81AA78BD60

And not sure if intentional, but we now have okama agents.
D9947C0CCA519B454F1E4F8435217343876C9197

I also think that the agents should stop having kunai all together as they keep preferring to use the kunai over the 1 handed ninjato (Unless you originally intended for the kunai to be a throwing weapon and for some reason ended up as a very impractical 1 handed weapon).

I always liked formations but the constant rotations of armies ruins the game for me can you make rotation less like 30% chance or something , I like them JUST THEY ROTATE IN CIRCLES TO MUCH JUST charge and die like a man already..

Bug Report: During a tournament (cant remember where damn) for some reason i had an onnabushi on my team who didnt move nor attack
Also sometimes my arrows and/or allies arrows disappear after all the arrows have been used not sure if its a feature or a bug but for now i will consider it a bug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres a suggestion more helmets for female characters (well not really helmets) like decorative pieces for the head
Heres another thing its a small thing but is very very weird i find it kinda weird that whenever you capture a general they still have all their gear and weapons on so i was thinking maybe try to make it so that when you capture someone they dont have gear on (or atleast have them wearing some very basic stuff) and no weapons

Back
Top Bottom