Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

An another version is on the way!
Featuring working duels and optional double damage.
If the testing goes well it will be up tomorrow. Found a few bugs and had to fix them, however this let to more progress and features like lunging as you swing, ronin dialogue overhauled and a few ronin themed starting backgrounds

Hi, hope you are all well! I have been working, on a Submod based off the 3.1 Gekjokujo version and it is mostly some new features and scenes as well as tweaks.
So other that the usual tweaks, balance changes, and such(like making it possible to throw kunai), I have made some larger modifications.

Features I can think of:
A working dueling dialogue.
An optional weapon disarms and weapon recovery(This is were the npc's can equip disarmed weapons) for bots, and disarms for player.
A option to modify the damage that is required for disarms (this is factored by carried weapon type, damage done, and some slight Random number generation)

A option for renown loss speed (for people Ronin,ninjas, and ashigaru that like to be forgotten about. lol)

An option to turn on a HP based damage reduction mode, basically the more hp you have the less damage you take. But beware this helps everyone including npc's as well!
Updated options menu picture
hEY2di.jpg

fnemmG.jpg

ADF5SM.jpg
New scenes!

I have also modified scene selection based off of how close you are to settlements on the map.
So within 6 units of a village you'll be on rice paddies and if also your on a road there will be a scene of a agriculture region with road.
Within 2 units of a castle you will have a castle overlooking the battlefield.
Lastly, within 2 units towns you have feudal urban housing.(It is assumed that your are outside the walls and this is overflow population growth).
oK5pHm.jpg

foTBzN.jpg

FbZPAt.jpg

k4u9rk.jpg

First testing version download below: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UhJYlAmnkpNB_nEWzJbdVK7stIuH7Fzf
^^^^^
To install it just overwrite the .txt files in the gekokujo folder with the ones i provided and drop the SceneObj files in the respective folder.
Also breaks saves.

other notes: There is for the moment a dependency on the Animation Submod 1.2
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305602.0.html

credits:
Roal-Yr scene pack
Duel Kit v0.5 <-- I fixed the major bugs! Yay!
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57584.15.html
I was inspired by this thread.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127840.0.html
Also used a heavily modified scrip found from this thread below.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349722.0.html
Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor
philip's Gekokujo 3.1
Animation Submod 1.2
and of course Tailworlds Mount and blade warband

If by chance I forget to mention anyone let me know!
I am planning on posting the important code bits that will help other mods, but if you're feeling interested feel free to PM message me.
Also, I am still unsure what to call this submod. Hopfully I can merge it into more comprehensive submods, Like Sugoroku or such with permission.
Lastly Please don't re upload elsewhere.

Can I get some help with the 3.1 module system beta, I am trying to revert the player culture and get my lords to recruit the local units, (ex if I assign one to a tekata castle he recruits tekata and if I assign one to a oda castle he recruit oda men) can anyone help me figure this out, if I don't they don't recruit anyone???

filtratedbread said:
If the testing goes well it will be up tomorrow. Found a few bugs and had to fix them, however this let to more progress and features like lunging as you swing, ronin dialogue overhauled and a few ronin themed starting backgrounds

Hi, hope you are all well! I have been working, on a Submod based off the 3.1 Gekjokujo version and it is mostly some new features and scenes as well as tweaks.
So other that the usual tweaks, balance changes, and such(like making it possible to throw kunai), I have made some larger modifications.

Features I can think of:
An optional weapon disarms and weapon recovery(This is were the npc's can equip disarmed weapons) for bots, and disarms for player.
A option to modify the damage that is required for disarms (this is factored by carried weapon type, damage done, and some slight Random number generation)

A option for renown loss speed (for people Ronin,ninjas, and ashigaru that like to be forgotten about. lol)

An option to turn on a HP based damage reduction mode, basically the more hp you have the less damage you take. But beware this helps everyone including npc's as well!

New scenes!

I have also modified scene selection based off of how close you are to settlements on the map.
So within 6 units of a village you'll be on rice paddies and if also your on a road there will be a scene of a agriculture region with road.
Lastly, within 2 units towns you have feudal urban housing.(It is assumed that your are outside the walls and this is overflow population growth).

To install it just overwrite the .txt files in the gekokujo folder with the ones i provided and drop the SceneObj files in the respective folder.
Also breaks saves.

credits:
Roal-Yr scene pack
philip's Gekokujo 3.1
Animation Submod 1.2

I am planning on posting the important code bits that will help other mods, but if you're feeling interested feel free to PM message me.
Also, I am still unsure what to call this submod. Hopfully I can merge it into more comprehensive submods, Like Sugoroku or such with permission.

i tried this mod on moddb but it doesn't work because you can't die, anybody has a solution?

Andreius333 said:
filtratedbread said:

Features I can think of:

New scenes!

Also breaks saves.

credits:
Roal-Yr scene pack
philip's Gekokujo 3.1
Animation Submod 1.2

i tried this mod on moddb but it doesn't work because you can't die, anybody has a solution?

Sure, that's the main problem for me too, all my characters are immortal because of quick self healing in battle (sort of Wolverine  :sad: )
Then new battlegrounds are really cool, but sometimes the two armies are trapped inside a building!
Some debugging is required.

Hi guy
Please help me, i am playing this amazing mod - Gekokujo, but i think it need some fix, please help me,
1. How to make cavalry take more slot, default is 1, the mod provide other option : 2 slot, but it for whole samurai (cavalry and infantry), i wanna make it 3 slot
2. How to modify enemy army, they are suck, i wanna them have more good troop, now they are almost tier 1-3 (very bad)
3. How to modify reward, i mean some quest are not easy, but i only get minor cash (i almost get money from battle not quest)

Thanks !!!

Just want to say that I LOVE your submod. I really enjoy this ronin playstyle you're facilitating. It's just a shame that the bug where you're stuck clicking "continue" after getting defeated is gamebreaking. I can sometimes get past the immortality bug, but the continue bug is always there.

To add insult to injury, my first or second save actually had none of those bugs, but I deleted it since I wanted a new start. I hope you will return with a patch someday.

Edit: Weirdly enough my new playthrough is safe from those two bugs now! I don't know what changed it as I picked exactly the same traits and perks. However, it was after I reinstalled the mod and I installed it in a slightly different way. Before I had winrar replace the gekokujo 3.1 files directly as it was extracting. This time I extracted it into its own folder and just copasted it into the gekokujo 3.1 folder.

So anyone who want to play Hatamoto Edition, maybe try deleting all your current Hatamoto save files, reinstall the mod like I did it, and start again.

Last edited:
Hey guys, long time no post. I'm not restarting work on Gekokujo (and bannerlord might come out before I get that itch again), but it came back on my radar because of a couple of interesting youtube LPs I ran into by accident. It inspired me to go to Steam Workshop, Nexus, and modDB to link them to the 3.1 patch, but I have something for you guys as well.

Here is the 3.1 beta module system source code: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29QA_i8Xg9iLW5LSTJlblBvcFk/view?usp=sharing

It's based on the warband 1.166 module system as a base, and I'm not sure how out of date that is nowadays.

Use it how you'd like -- submods, new mods, whatever. I'm only linking it to you guys, but share it with whomever you want and whenever you see someone ask for it. If you have questions about it, I'm sorry but I can probably only help you with basic stuff (but not BASIC BASIC stuff like how to use the module system, etc)
phlpp has kindly reuploaded the 3.1 beta Module System, you can find it here:

Thanks to the mod author for this, perhaps it proves useful for some modders of submods :grin:

Animation Submod 1.2

Changes a lot of animations in the game (standing, running) and adds a bow animation to match the kyudo style of archery. To install, put actions.txt into your main gekokujo folder, and the .brf file into the resources folder. Then add the line: "load_mod_resource = jacobhinds_animations_gekokujo" to module.ini, preferably somewhere near the end of that big fat list of similar lines.

module_animations file added so that other submodders can add their own changes.

Since I've gotten a few people asking me about implementing these animations in other mods, go ahead - they're technically part of an OSP i uploaded to the forge, so treat them as mod-neutral.

Q3YKFXd.jpg

wiNmtgp.jpg

Armour Improvement Submod 1.1

A mod that vastly improves the models used for most armours. Colours have been altered to make them more recognisable, and the poly count has been kept as low as possible to keep performance from being hit.

Now with LODs for better performance.

Z6FIW.png

icsXL.png

Rz_8i.png

Monoolhos More Natural Katana Scabbards 1.4

A tweak that changes the position of Katana and Wakizashi scabbards to make them closer to the body.

Maybe a longshot asking in 2022 but does anybody know off the top of their head for sure if these three are fully compatible with 3.1?

You'll just have to test them out. Unless I read the entire source code of 3.1, there would be no way of knowing for sure if any of them would have any effect on the game.
I used WinMerge to compare and it looks like because none of the item or weapon mesh references changed only the animation submod requires a bit of messing around in actions.txt to make fully 3.1 compatible. I don't think it would even be incompatible without the merging you would just lose some of the new improved animations from 3.1, that were mostly also made by you.

You don't really want to play with 3.1, though. Version 3.0 is objectively the best, most stable and performance friendly.
I've seen this sentiment before but having played a lot of 3.1 already and reading the changelog I don't really see how. It's more like a trade-off of one set of bugs for another and the most annoying 3.1 bugs can be side-stepped entirely by changing the siege gate settings and turning off random encounters.

Back
Top Bottom