Suggestions about new items

Users who are viewing this thread

As a massive fan of the Drow, I was incredibly disappointed to see how covering the Drow armor was. Especially the high-ranking Drow Priestess stuff. Especially when compared to, say, the Val'sharess armor from Neverwinter Nights' Hordes of the Underdark expansion.

Would it be possible to have some more sexy Drow armors for female Drow (i.e. D&D-friendly female Drow armor)? IIRC, Warsword Conquest has some nice armors for female Dark Elves, they might be willing to share the models with Phantasy. And maybe add a subset of female robes that are more flattering than the current potato-sacks - I'm not asking for Nocturnal Robes lingerie, but something a little less shapeless would certainly be nice.

AielloA said:
As a massive fan of the Drow, I was incredibly disappointed to see how covering the Drow armor was. Especially the high-ranking Drow Priestess stuff. Especially when compared to, say, the Val'sharess armor from Neverwinter Nights' Hordes of the Underdark expansion.

Would it be possible to have some more sexy Drow armors for female Drow (i.e. D&D-friendly female Drow armor)? IIRC, Warsword Conquest has some nice armors for female Dark Elves, they might be willing to share the models with Phantasy. And maybe add a subset of female robes that are more flattering than the current potato-sacks - I'm not asking for Nocturnal Robes lingerie, but something a little less shapeless would certainly be nice.
I think it's fine, as is. Notably, he wants to add new stuff and not redo old stuff, you can try creating such armour in brfedit + whatever 3d modeling program you like but I don't think guspav has time for that really.
+ I'm rather fond of how the drow armour looks, I feel like the undead and orcs are more lacking in the armour sortiment than drows whose armour looks cool and makes a good stapple of evil.
above all, I'd preffer seeing new enemies, locations and quests in this mod rather then some reskins of already okay stuff.

Dodgerer said:
I think it's fine, as is. [...] Above all, I'd preffer seeing new enemies, locations and quests in this mod rather then some reskins of already okay stuff.

Yeah, that's a fair point I guess. Hmm. I might have to try learning how to use this brfedit you mentioned... I assume there are tutorials elsewhere on the Taleworlds forums?

Hmm. How does Guspav feel about people creating mods for his mod (and more importantly posting said mods online, I doubt he ares what you do to your own copy)? In case anyone else shares my desire for D&D-esque Drow armors?

Dodgerer said:
AielloA said:

I think it's fine, as is. Notably, he wants to add new stuff and not redo old stuff, you can try creating such armour in brfedit + whatever 3d modeling program you like but I don't think guspav has time for that really.
+ I'm rather fond of how the drow armour looks, I feel like the undead and orcs are more lacking in the armour sortiment than drows whose armour looks cool and makes a good stapple of evil.
above all, I'd preffer seeing new enemies, locations and quests in this mod rather then some reskins of already okay stuff.

Drow armor looks wierd to me... it's too pink. I always go with Twilight as my Drow.

therex55213 said:
On a separate note, I personally would love to see more non-magical items. While the selection here is nice, it still feels pretty vanilla when you exclude the dwarf's and the elf's faction armors/weapons. Perisno and Blood And Steel present a wide selection of armors, most of which I believe are open as a modding resource, would it be possible to bring more of those in and spice up the factions?

Also, on the subject of dwarven mounts. You have in-lore confirmation that people can conjure electricity and fire from their hands with training, and you have confirmation that dwarves in this setting have higher tech than everyone else. Why not give them primitive vehicles? Like, maybe a thunderbolt powered car-golem thing that has astronomically high stats for speed, armor and health, but abysmal almost to the point of non-existent maneuvering? Just throw in an added requirement of a certain level of magic power in order to equip it to yourself or a companion, in order to maintain lore-friendliness.

Perisno armor per se isn't OSP, but having said that many of the models in it were taken from OSP packs.  Assuming you research the matter a little more,
you could look in the Perisno forum to see the OSP items packs and then download those packs.  Some of them were modified for Perisno, so it is safer to use the resources (.brf files) directly from the OSP to avoid some risk of taking the Perisno group's art without asking.  Some items such as special mounts and women's armor are espressly NOT OSP, which is a pity as I'd like to use it also outside of Phosphor.  But that is how it is.  For that matter I'd like any reworked Drow armor or spider riders here, but instead will settle for TLD spiders as mounts for drow cavalry (with drow skins from Elven Path, and then recolored as textures) for my upcoming Phosphor 21 release.  So, can you lift directly from other mods if they have not labelled themselves OSP?  No,  Do those other mods use OSP packs themselves?  Usually yes.  You then visit those OSPs directly and look over what they offer with OpenBRF.  It is more work but that is what is done.  Guspav already honors this; he has some proprietary models given to him and some OSP items from TLD, Elven Path, and others. 

I'm certain he has not opened his mod up for submodders for fear of accelerating progress of competing mods, although in my technical opinion the only mod with technical magic close to his is TGS, which is semi-open/semi closed, in that source is released but NOT permission, which makes it strange.  In any case, military secrets and old coder's tricks tend to give an edge for only so long - eventually anything can be reverse engineered, if a person has enough motivation.

- GS

Dodgerer said:
therex55213 said:
Seconding the desire for Boots of Speed
Something simple like the ring of healing, an extremely weak piece of armor that gives an insane boost to movement speed, like, beyond what athletics can provide.
I need this Guspav
My barbarian wizard-king needs to chase the horses
He NEEDS to
Chase the stupid horses and their stupid goddamn faces

use  the spell haste, let yourself get athletics to 15, you'll outrun basically everything except certain nightmare riders
Naw man, gonna stick with my desire for boots of extreme speed. Haste is nice but I want to go FAST, like Blood and Steel Barbarian class FAST, with or without spiky blue armor and chilidog mace.

Bard instruments would be good.  Maybe some minor follower buff.  Of course high level buffs would be fun in late game but best if easy to implement.

The could be magically enchanted pieces of armour which look exactly like other pieces. 50% resistance to fire, lightning, frost, or acid. Possibly other elements.

They could rarely appear in the inventories of top tier troops and be sold in the Three Ways Inn to provide more ways to resist magic besides the resist magic skill. You'd have no way of knowing which troops have them during a fight.

Loganltk said:
i would really like to see a zweihander and a flamberge in the weapon shop
The flamberge is already in, and it is technically a zweihander is both senses of the word - it is a dedicated two handed weapon in the shape of a sword  AND  it has the functionality of the Renaissance anti-pike weapons popular in the HRE.

Add more variety of polearms. As a cavalry troop, especially in this kind of magical place, our polearm needs to be stronger and have special enchancement so we can fight against those mages on an even ground.

Leopard27 said:
Add more variety of polearms. As a cavalry troop, especially in this kind of magical place, our polearm needs to be stronger and have special enchancement so we can fight against those mages on an even ground.

There is OSP code posted a few days ago to hit more than 1 agent in a swing with certain 2-hand weapons.  This might be useful.
I can't do anything to this mod for at least a few more weeks.  Long term, the number of hours I have for modding has been greatly cut.

Back
Top Bottom