Suggestions about new items

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, Perisno has epic mounts. And I think they are too good to be OSP.

I know it's possible to glue legs together but it may look nevermind, maybe you are right  :smile:

Gnome cavalry, want to see this  :grin:

If im not mistaken warsword has taken assets from TLD mod which lets other mods use them as long as credit is given. I would love to see drows on spiders since their slightly lacking cavalry.

Notsure said:
If im not mistaken warsword has taken assets from TLD mod which lets other mods use them as long as credit is given. I would love to see drows on spiders since their slightly lacking cavalry.

Jup. TLD actually has a lot of funky assets. That armoured troll is sick.

I don't want to see drow or dwarf mounts with the exception of mercs and lords.  Especially dwarves would be op with cav.

CHIMouttathisplane said:
Whoooo! A fellow TOME player! Nice. Yes, TOME has some very interesting items. The Spectral Blade, the Spellblaze Shard, the Unerring Scalpel, the Tooth of the Mouth, The River's Fury. That one shield that can cast ice spells when enemies hit it... forgot it's name...

Coral is that shield  :smile:

mercav said:
I don't want to see drow or dwarf mounts with the exception of mercs and lords.  Especially dwarves would be op with cav.

Exactly how would that be OP? The difference between a human unit, and a drow/dwarf unit is that the drow and dwarf both have 3 in magic defense.

CHIMouttathisplane said:
mercav said:

Exactly how would that be OP? The difference between a human unit, and a drow/dwarf unit is that the drow and dwarf both have 3 in magic defense.
I am not sure about that. I think they, especially their units, have a much greater difference.

There are more differences but this should not be discussed here.  If you want to continue make a new thread.

Dagonet Westwind said:
Yeah! A dwarfen mount would be great! A pony will do... but I raise by : A Ram or something. :grin:

While I'm not exactly against having dwarf mounts buyable... A tree for them seems like it would make them even more powerful. They already have some of the best capabilities in fights.

SmurfInHell said:
While I'm not exactly against having dwarf mounts buyable... A tree for them seems like it would make them even more powerful. They already have some of the best capabilities in fights.
I think the only reason they can lose against the player is because many of their most powerful units use hammers (or similar) which do not actually kill.

Yep, but they could also have "nobles tree" with some cavalry units. I think "noble tree" for each faction will be good supplement for poor troop trees, you know: Khergit Lancer, lvl 23 <long long time nothing> and BAM ! Wolfwere Windrunner lvl 60.

(I originally posted this in the plain Suggestions thread, but thought it'd be better off listed here instead)

Since some folks have been asking for two-handed artifacts, I thought I'd suggest the Harbinger, from D&D lore.

The Harbinger is a greatsword that can absord and subsequently release magical energy (in the form of a spell-like "blast") for a ranged attack, plus it's made of mithril (so it's light) and has a speed enhancement. You can read more about it here http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Harbinger_(3.5e_Equipment).

Also, are there any enchanted shields in the mod yet? I'd like some sort of spell-resisting shield. Like the Shield of the Sun (from D&D as well) which also increases Paladin spellcasting ability (faith bonus, anyone?)

Moar staves. Someone suggested projectile staves which would be cool I think (could use firearm skill?), and here are some other suggestions:

Staves which grant bonuses to spells of particular types, instead of or in addition to generally magic enhancing ones we have now. For example, a fire focused staff which grants bonus damage/reduces mana cost of casting these spells.

Similarly, specific staves could be "charged" differently, doing lightning, fire, ice, arcane, etc damage. Which would probably require adding resistances to these types separately, instead of the all encompassing magic defense skill. This is branching into skills and powers instead of items, so I'll further explain in that thread (See here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,305004.msg7297050.html#msg7297050)

DoctorPringles said:
The Harbinger is a greatsword that can absord and subsequently release magical energy (in the form of a spell-like "blast") for a ranged attack, plus it's made of mithril (so it's light) and has a speed enhancement. You can read more about it here http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Harbinger_(3.5e_Equipment).

I can dig that. I can really dig that. Also, more supporters for ranged staffs is always good.

I'll second more skill books.

I'll also second staves and wands as ranged weapons, maybe requiring a certain amount of int, cha, or magic power to use.  Wand of fireball please :smile:

I would suggest shaman armor for the orcs. Give them a funky set of magic enhancing armor to go with their hafted blades.
(Orcs need a bit of love compared to the pleathra of gear that the other factions seem to have compared to them, I think besides the orc bear warrior armor and the hide shields they don't have much in the way of unique armor.)

Blow darts that inflict a poison effect on people, not a lot of range but does some interesting stuff.

Magic gun which shoots out bullets of magic, does damage based off your magic power score.

Back
Top Bottom