Suggestions about game mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

I played a bit of Phantasy 2018 again (156b8, before the b8b patch) and here are a few things that may need thinking about.  Nothing that needs fixing immediately...

One of the tournament rewards is a balanced flintlock pistol.  Its accuracy is so low, it is practically useless.  With proficiency 155, my character misses at point black range.  And you do not get proficiency like this unless you already have a serviceable gun, so what's the point?

One of the tournament rewards is a spring mounted shield - the size does not match the model, the speed is a bit over the top, the durability is so low that it is not particularly desirable... and as a whole, it is a very puzzling item.  Why would you mount a shield on springs?  You do not even want shock absorption and attenuation in a shield.  A good fighter achieves what he wants by angling and punching, and any looseness and wobbliness would be a drawback.

Meleeing shadows without a spiritual weapon is horrible, basically impossible.  Not a problem for my characters, who always have faith or magic, but for mundane characters, it is a very unrewarding task.  Also, they are very resistant to the cleric's turn undead, so A.I. armies are slaughtered in tactical battle.  And there is no loot.  Some shadow essence, shadow gems, 'stable' shadow shields, etc. may be a good idea.

The bandit hideouts seem... off.  The neighboring lords don't always care about their presence, the bandit generation rate seems to be less than the normal one, and the locations make less sense than they used to.  Were the bandit lair locations tuned for the new map?

The undead Empire is doing really well, for some reason.  Between them and the orcs, Sarranids and Vaegirs are quickly on the ropes.  I like it, but am not sure it is intended.

Tuidjy said:
I played a bit of Phantasy 2018 again (156b8, before the b8b patch) and here are a few things that may need thinking about.  Nothing that needs fixing immediately...
The undead Empire is doing really well, for some reason.  Between them and the orcs, Sarranids and Vaegirs are quickly on the ropes.  I like it, but am not sure it is intended.

A laundry list of things I'll probably look at in August.  I've started work on Warsword Conquest, or rather gotten my invite to start today.
I expect it to need 6 weeks real time with a 2 week planned break starting in 10 days.  My day job is more unstable than ever -- the person guarding my position these last 12 years died suddenly Monday, leaving my future uncertain.  But nobody said anything to me so I will just cross fingers and work fast.  What else to do?  Besides, this mod (Phantasy 201:cool: is finally pretty stable...  Most mods I know of and all that I ever touched were in much worse shape last time I saw them...  Anyway I'm not supposed to talk about my life or my schedule, and to blow everything with "I'll look at it" meaning could be next day response or next year response, but I figured you deserved a guesstimate at least.  i work faster than most people expect -- the merge diplomacy with Guspav's code was 4 days.  But it needed 9 months to really iron out, as what he handed me was only good till about 80 agents per side and none of them could safely cast while mounted, especially clerics...

Tuidjy said:
Meleeing shadows without a spiritual weapon is horrible, basically impossible.  Not a problem for my characters, who always have faith or magic, but for mundane characters, it is a very unrewarding task.  Also, they are very resistant to the cleric's turn undead, so A.I. armies are slaughtered in tactical battle.  And there is no loot.  Some shadow essence, shadow gems, 'stable' shadow shields, etc. may be a good idea.

I had to turn off the dodge mechanic because fighting shadows was so frustrating, I wanted to rip out of my hair. Did it unbalance my game? A little bit, but mostly just nerfed the drow so not a big deal.

Great mod... I think you should be allowed to double class as a fighter/fighter.  It would make for a nice balance to some of the others.  Two specialties or more advanced specialty..

It's been a while since I have started a new character.  But, I just did, and I have to say, some choices are so much more powerful than other, it does not make sense.

Male dwarven paladin mage: insanely versatile, stats add to 41, additional skills add to 32.
Female human mage: half the casting potential, much worse weapon abilities, stats add to 32, and additional skills to only 25, of which more than half are crap like leadership, trade, etc.

One is absolutely, utterly and unarguably superior to the other.  Basically the dwarf gets the benefit of almost ten extra levels.

I think that it would be better to have a bit of balancing in place.  All characters should start more or less equal, unless different experience requirements, depending on multi-classing, race stats, race-appropriate classes, etc. are introduced into the game.

------------------------

The usual qualifiers apply - no rush, it can wait, it's just a polishing touch.

Tuidjy said:
I think that it would be better to have a bit of balancing in place.  All characters should start more or less equal, unless different experience requirements, depending on multi-classing, race stats, race-appropriate classes, etc. are introduced into the game.
I would absolutely agree with you if this was a multiplayer mod, but it's not. I would also agree with you maybe if there were more people working on the mod, however, GS is already working on a large backlog of items so I don't feel like this is something that really needs to be added to the dreaded list. If you want to power game, then in my eyes have at it, or just create the character you want and roll with it. This is DND themed so maybe it makes sense for there to be a little bit of a power gap, not everyone rolls or wants to roll the most optimal character. For instance, I would never play as a dwarf because I don't like the shorter models and I am also of the mindset that it feels so very wrong for a dwarf to ride a horse, and I love riding horses in this game.

Now, if we are talking about doing a minor nerf to dwarves across the board, I don't think that would take much time. Re-balancing all the character classes, multi-classes, races, etc could take a lot of time.

Akesh the Cursed said:
Tuidjy said:
Now, if we are talking about doing a minor nerf to dwarves across the board, I don't think that would take much time. Re-balancing all the character classes, multi-classes, races, etc could take a lot of time.
As I said, there is no rush, but if an experience multiplier is introduced, balancing can be done simply by assigning multiplicative experience penalty/bonuses for each class, for each race, and for multi-classing.

Whether it is worth it or not is up to gsanders.  This is the suggestion thread.

Akesh the Cursed said:
Tuidjy said:
I would absolutely agree with you if this was a multiplayer mod, but it's not. I would also agree with you maybe if there were more people working on the mod, however, GS is already working on a large backlog of items so I don't feel like this is something that really needs to be added to the dreaded list.

I'm thankful that each of you acknowledges I'm just one dude whose energy comes and goes (and mostly left home to go on walkabout without me).  I enjoy the reference to the "dreaded list". It sounds so... precise.

So then I started thinking:
  What exactly does this dreaded list look like right now?  I've been so much in a "close combat with game killing bugs" mode I'm worried I lost track of the big picture.  On the other hand, I can sort of get to mid game comfortably enough, maybe by avoiding difficult problem areas, and never did have time to go into the end game, which seems anticlimactic.  So right now it is fair to say the game is "tuned" for mid game experience, which start of game always strikes me as frantic grinding for little to no reward, so I keep trying to speed that part up to not waste my "precious time", as a part time player.

Well, so THIS is MY dreaded list:

1) Some spells (Chaos and White bolt) are still down.  I started to fix them up, got distracted, and they were never finished.
      Ice storm needs to be 6000 not 4000 dinars.  Outdoors its the single strongest spell, but it is weak for use against fortifications.
      Some new spells would be nice but I lack skills for the effects. I do pick up some ideas watching the discussion at Warsword Conquest...

2) There are a number of systems that either weren't finished or were deliberately skipped:
        water movement:  Water movement sort of worked in Warsword Conquest 2016, where I had elaborate tricks to decide when it was time to leave the ship, but sometimes it could glitch fairly deeply inland before deciding it was time to disembark.  Worse, since crossing fords on map also placed a ship icon, there was some risk of having more than 1 boat, if the "boat" was "your party is over water right now", and thus implicitly wherever your boat was last parked needed to remove that boat from anchorage and attach to your party again.  Otherwise you might leave a fleet of boats all over the map.  Wouldn't boats ever get stolen?  How many crew?  Should a better captain have the boat travel better?

air travel, swimming in 3D:  actually the "secret" of how to do this has been out of the bag for quite some time, but generally its not done well for formations or groups of NPCs following you.  Its one thing for the player to fly, and quite a bit different for all his or her bodyguard companions to also fly in formation, let alone for PBOD to determine the best tactics for strafing or bombing (and probably this troop should be "skirmish" group to stay out of melee range of targets).  Swimming is technically same as flying but without forward momentum, and with some further concern for amount of air left.  Also some water encounters should have reduced vision range, which is easy enough to do by setting fog distance, except there are not two different distances to apply this reduced vision (above water one distance, below water a much smaller distance).

3) things that would be cool but require changes in the number of defined items or some new troop lines or other series breaking changes:
  I was very impressed by the simplicity and usefulness of the new Warsword Conquest's potions, which made me ashamed for not coming up with them first so I could use them here.  The general concept of a potion is certainly applicable to DND, and the implementation was the simplest possible, making it difficult to claim as an IP, even without looking at the code it is intuitively obvious how it is done.  This implies other mods will have potions quickly, as military secrets and modders tricks are the first to be spread.  But as I sort of have ethics, it also means I will have to hold off for a while, to be fair to each mod. Just as the 70 or so new spells at Warsword Conquest were not taken from here... and I have not one line of code interaction with the magic system over there, by intention.

I've stated troop trees were done badly in v155 and could be done better if not implemented in modmerger fashion, as the same modmerging process ruined TPE integration, forcing me to choose between them.

I'd like a different map to have support for an Asian faction and a heavenly/other worldly town, possibly not on map at all but just its own scene and associated savegame variables.

4) I made some promises for features that never did get implemented:
    specifically, I promised to (someone) I'd implement support for female on female civic unions, better dialogs involving female matriarchs, and more female centric play.  My 35 year old daughter who grew up aware I was a failure in everything, if she ever played this game once, would have deserved that much effort from me.  And for everyone else, who for better or worse is part of my "extended virtual family", they too deserve it. It's the primary reason to not give up developing.

There are a list of features that ought to be implemented:
  pretty much all of page two at this forum (especially posts from innocent flower):  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,5.30.html
  and this one too:  religion  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,372245.msg8880494.html#msg8880494

5) I'd like to see more mercenary offerings at castles instead of just towns.  If someone really was looking for work, you'd think they'd market themselves well, where there was a need.  Of course, if the castle was about to be obliterated by a huge force of enemies, I'd hope the mercs would ask higher wages  than normal...  but I'm also partial to rogues and clerics getting discounts or buffs to the recruit sizes (as is already done in town "trade caravan recruiting").  These could be custom troops.

6) Its not clear to me if Drow have the correct matching bandit camp spawn.  When the drow moved, the bandit spawn assigned to them should have moved also.  This might have been the wrong one that got moved, in which case the next series should have bandit camp definition lines juggled around to align each camp type to the correct faction, else quests will get messed up at specific factions while working cleanly at others.
This would be a concern for Drow, Undead, and possibly Sarranid factions, but probably only drow and undead, and noone really plays undead faction as a vassal for long.  I've heard drow is messed up.

7) I'd like to see village specialty soldier recruits change if the faction ownership changes, so that the tier 3 recruit matches the new faction that owns the village, since the village recruits change as well depending on which script changes village ownership.

8 ) There is quite a bit of unexplored possibility for stealth movement and new monster AI effects, which could possibly be tested in isolation from the rest of the mod by setting it to only occur in some dungeon.  Actually, Guspav started on this and it was unfinished.  There is a dormant lair with unique mechanics defined that was intended to be a test for new features and mission_template procedures/"triggers". 

9) There were some simple events in Warsword Conquest that I liked seeing.  One was losing all my food and drink during a sudden storm.
Another was discovering the potion seller, who afterwards was gone.  Or the huge number of different and mutually exclusive branches of magic defined, so that no two mages had identical spells and each branch had some "theme" to it, as well as race and gender requirements.  So some magic was only for women (nevermind that most women were suddenly gone from the mod), some only for green skins, etc. I still wouldn't mind a lizard man skin and some amphibious action, but hey its just a daydream.  I lack art skills, scening skills, and a community that keeps that mod at #25 on Moddb despite no updates in 2 full years, and a broken release in 2016 anyways.

I like the new kludge to avoid ship combat... the ships start already tied for boarding, so they can't be sunk, and it becomes sort of a land battle at sea.  I still want to be able to swim (someday) but for now it gets the job done.

10) Its a pity females are still getting a weaker start than dwarven paladins.  Perhaps females should have innate superior magic resists or a class specific buff to magic power / faith depending on which primary class she chooses.  Its usually my arrogant presumption that any female character played by user player is a dude that cross dresses, but hey its not my job description to be the "romance police".  I'm happy when players are happy -- and not very orthodox so far as belief that people should be free to love people, with gender in an internet connected world being something arbitrary.  This said, what females lack physically should be present in some other aspect, so that some value is gained by being female.  I think it was Tuidgy who observed that in some respects I had made female characters considerably stronger than he expected; to the extent it was suggested I had favoritism.  Yes, I do. I have two daughters and no sons -- although the virtual community may resemble family of sorts, although I'm nobody's ideal of a dad.  I'm not even a good fairy Godfather... not even dressed in pink.  Which some would say is a racist and needless poke, even though to me it sort of accepts that the world changes, and we ought to go with the flow and accept it.  Its still more horrible that people are cool with burning villages and selling slaves than whether or not men are "manly", whatever that is.  But I could use more female protagonists, Tomoe Gozen style.  Why not?  And there may be 1 in 100 female characters actually ran by females.  Wouldn't it be something if they had a positive experience for a change?

11) and then there's my pointless speculation on what if the game gave experience/faction/something for non-violence or resolving conflicts by honor, whatever that means. Duel for the castle instead of sieges?  Duel for the right to let your people go when hopelessly outclassed?  Honor to mean more than it does, or to not apply to some factions, either/or?  There is already a painful penalty to necromancers.  If a person wanted to cover their faction in "dishonor", that faction should be treated likewise -- but the lords in that faction should be more interested in winning than honor.  Or maybe thats just where all the scoundrel lords go...

12) I would not mind some reserved items, troop definitions, simple_triggers, etc for future expansion -- or some global variables that could be populated in the future to not break savegame next series.  Its painful for a user to figure out "wait, so do I apply patch v155 over patch v150 and now you made a patch v156 and suddenly nothing works?".  Half my users (the 97% half) can't figure out how to patch. Of 20K+ downloads, it looks like the numbers that can patch are a few hundred, tops.  I'd say fewer series are better.

But what about savegame editors, such as https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,376717.msg8984688.html#msg8984688
I'm torn between making a XML definition for a series and the desire to not have to deal with a thousand hacked savegames with new and unique "bugs" reported afterwards.  On the one hand, it would be much better for development and testing to have a really comprehensive editor, and on the other, kind of letting myself in for a lot of needless pain, in that the community doesn't really have the self restraint to conduct their frankenstein play throughs in private, without involving me.  Its also possible their sessions really do find something; it would be useful for example to see a stuck quest in their savegame as being what caused some side effect reported, so that the quality of the mod is improved over time with superior tools like this. 

I can still leave out areas I don't feel like having people mess with, in which case I suppose the people who want to probe the "hidden" part should be allowed to eventually get an invite to the dev team.  Except, for now, everything is closed source, and I have no right nor motivation to open it, as usually that just means spawning a competing mod with no further help to the original mod.  Its not like I can't just evolve the mod faster than they can clone old work, but eventually it burns the community out.  In time though, I think it is inevitable that I will be too old or feeble to continue, and eventually in 3-7 years, perhaps less, Banterlord (TM) will stop bantering and actually release, in which case there is a huge (200K+ lines of script) amount of re-kludging needed to make a mod roughly equal to this one on the new platform.  I'm so not looking forward to 6 months of native game in Banterlord (TM), with 0 mods, and finally the first mod changed the price of butter and did nothing else (per my advice to beginning modders).  I can see two sides of this argument.  It's also depending on Guspav wanting to do so -- the mod is tangled up with two distinct fathers and opening one exposes the other.  its a later issue, that needs solving in the next few years.  I'd rather it not be an issue too soon.  Most of the magic is taken directly or indirectly from TGS (the Gathering Storm) and/or ElvenPath, but Guspav did a fair amount of genius level kludges and add-ins, and all of the user-facing look and feel.  This part of the code needs protecting, and I have mixed feelings about opening my side to strangers who might be personal enemies.  I guess I'm vindictive  :smile:

13) I wanted some ebb and flow for magic. and some out of battle impacts for holidays and special calendar events. 
  It is not necessary for every 10 second battle segment like in Warsword Conquest, but there is no reason why in some locations, perhaps where the right cathedral is built, the entire city has a magic shield, or on one particular holiday the magic shield drops... as an example.

- GS

You are welcome to add to my "dreaded list" for me, provided I am welcome to not even think about it until Christmas...

Any suggestions to buff Necromancers / make shadow knights /etc will of course be denied, excepting for 2 weeks of Halloween, followed by a heavy nerf for two weeks of All Saints Day, but you know that.  I'm not opposed tobuffs to NPCs though... just not players.

Just a tiny reminder about what we talked about half a year ago or so regarding reopening the items search and add function in the cheatmenu for those of us who like to add new items to our own personal games and know how. Seeing as it's rather essential for testing purposes.

(Been away at sea for a good while. So haven't kept up. Feel free to tell me to **** off if you've already done it. :grin: )

That's a large list, would like to see potions added here as well but I understand your reasoning and respect that. I'll be revisting Warsword Conquest anyway once the next update is released so I will try them out there.

I would be interested in seeing honor play a larger role than it currently does. I think it should apply to all good aligned factions, not the evil ones. This could be a nerf to evil factions but you could buff them in another way to balance out? Or like most DMs..make the player fight a little more uphill for wanting to be evil. Also, maybe restrict the use of Holy Avenger to good aligned Paladins and Clerics? That's probably going too far but just an idea. Non-violent resolution options could be based on a combination of honor and persuasion skill? For instance, if you have a high honor skill and high persuasion you could have a decent shot at convincing other honorable lords, whom you are also on good terms with, to insert thing here. I don't have any amazing ideas right at this moment  :grin:

I am one of those people who chase high honor scores...but I just started my evil necromancer character last night so honor is going out the window for a little bit  :twisted:

Captain Teo "Buns of Steel" Fish said:
Just a tiny reminder about what we talked about half a year ago or so regarding reopening the items search and add function in the cheatmenu for those of us who like to add new items to our own personal games and know how. Seeing as it's rather essential for testing purposes.

(Been away at sea for a good while. So haven't kept up. Feel free to tell me to **** off if you've already done it. :grin: )

cheat menu items are in now but the item list is clipped just before old bessie and any of the spell intermediates and magic weapons, so adding items to the end of items won't show.  The clip before old bessie specifically so that someday I can nuke players that have ripped off old bessie from their helpless hireling.
This gives you access to pretty much all armor and almost all weapons though, as well as ammunition, as well as ingredients for crafting, as well as mounts, etc.

Akesh the Cursed said:
That's a large list, would like to see potions added here as well but I understand your reasoning and respect that. I'll be revisting Warsword Conquest anyway once the next update is released so I will try them out there.
  WC has some fascinating new graphics effects that I'd like to earn the right to license, such as how skeletons react to getting hit and 3D spell effects from words of pain/symbols of whatever/etc.  There are so many new effects that it boggles me.  There is also much that needs fixing up, so it will be a busy summer.  I'm not able to comment further on it.  Hopefully I can bum some of the effects from the other members, who won't kick down unless I can be shown to have made a difference.  Right now I've been away too long to be remembered fondly, so I need to get ghoping on something unexpected.

gsanders said:
The clip before old bessie specifically so that someday I can nuke players that have ripped off old bessie from their helpless hireling.
I never let her keep it. 

Klethi has objectively better stats for a sniper, so she gets the better gun.  Tools go to those who can make the best use of them.  That's all there is to it.

It would make a lot more sense if there were better guns available in the game.  For example, Berembert could be able to put something better together, or there would be some rare loot from the master arquebusiers.  But as it is now, a low level dwarf carries the best gun in the game, and has neither the know-how to make another nor the stats and the skills to use it.  She obviously stole it.

And even my paladins, who could believe that she inherited it from someone who did not bother to teach her, are smart enough to see that she is better suited to being a heavy armor, sword, board and crossbow warrior.

Tuidjy said:
gsanders said:
The clip before old bessie specifically so that someday I can nuke players that have ripped off old bessie from their helpless hireling.
I never let her keep it. 

Klethi has objectively better stats for a sniper, so she gets the better gun.  Tools go to those who can make the best use of them.  That's all there is to it.

It would make a lot more sense if there were better guns available in the game.  For example, Berembert could be able to put something better together, or there would be some rare loot from the master arquebusiers.  But as it is now, a low level dwarf carries the best gun in the game, and has neither the know-how to make another nor the stats and the skills to use it.  She obviously stole it.

I've considered doing something with stealth and firearm snipers, but I'm trying to consider how this is best balanced.  Certainly I'd like stealth to be more useful, especially since someday I might want to play around with concealed ambush positions or elven cloaks or other camo schemes.

GSanders, I think you are wasting too much effort on people who edit their stats, add classes, spawn items, etc.  Cheaters are going to cheat, and you will never stop them.  They are ruining their game, most likely, or they are enhancing it, supposedly.  It does not bother anyone else, and it should not bother you, unless it generates bug reports where there are no bugs.

Phantasy 2018 is already quite accommodating to minmaxers, even without cheating.  I know, I'm a min-maxer.  I have played solo characters, and although I usually abandon them when I goof off and lose a battle, they feel very powerful.  People who cheat probably do not do it for extra power, but for a different experience.

Instead of trying to prevent them from cheating, maybe you should try to provide, within in-game logic, a way to achieve what they are hacking.  If they are spawning items, maybe have enemies/quests that can generate a magic item.  If they are editing stats, maybe have a way to boost your stats (there is already one, the four stat items)  etc.

I made a change over at Warsword Conquest that I've long wanted for here, so it won't take long to import it back here when I have free time, whatever that looks like.  In short, when processing enterprises, or planning them, or looking at the budget report:
I make a list of all the enterprises the player currently has,
  filter that by if they are operational yet,
  filter that further by if any are sequestered by being in a hostile faction,
and otherwise reduce the auto-sale output price by 10% and increase all the input costs (primary material, overhead, and secondary material) by
  10% PER enterprise of that type operated by the player. 

The reasoning is that the cost of materials needed such as silk or iron would climb as more sites consume these ever more aggressively;
the output materials such as tools and velvet would begin to drop in resale value due to oversupply world wide.  There are only so many wealthy people consuming these...

In a Warsword Conquest environment the sheer number of factions and towns becomes a concern for making the economy run well.
Phantasy 2018 has 13 factions and 28 towns;  WC_CD has 18 factions and 49 towns.  Thus the concern over too many enterprises.
But consider this:
  the system is responsive to a factory or site stopping production, and estimates for new factories (player enterprises) when talking to the guild master use the latest numbers AT THAT INSTANT to decay profit estimates for better planning, and at any given moment you can see accurately what you can expect from your enterprises at the budget report.

so, using screen shots from today, it looks something like this over time, except the payout per enterprise is a little higher there than here, mainly due to more variation in prices of raw materials:
7dWIA.jpg

"Before":
Lv5-3.jpg

"After"
same view outputs and inputs shifted by self competition, counting all the enterprises:
uSCja.jpg
  its a gradual process, but I figured I should mention it before your 20 silk dyeing operations grind to a halt some patch next month...

EDIT:  here's the same calculation but with a 7% per enterprise adjust, taken the next week:

5WiYX.jpg
  I'll go with 7%, 10% was too drastic but I already pay at least twice native.  The original plan was to make the first enterprise friendly but not to make all 29 enterprises so easy...
----
  Something else I made today at WC_CD was changing party size based on number of ogres hired, along with ogres using more food.
tpoS0.jpg

I don't think it should apply to Golems, which are ogre skin, but it should apply to Ogres hired from Orcs.
This would offset the very low cost of Orc hired Ogres here at Phantasy 2018.

I suppose these don't seem like relevant issues here but actually there is a great many such minor code changes that can impact the future of BOTH mods, in as much as changes at one need very little effort to apply to the other, while the TESTING of a code change can occur at EITHER mod, reducing time to implement at either.  Much of the last year's trial and error process does not need repeating to export the library of tested code now.  One day's snapshot isn't much to write home about, but it's a peek at how little changes in the how the mod changes from what you're used to into something a little different.  It's perhaps the best reason to play it -- to not have the same game twice, ever.

gsanders said:
The reasoning is that the cost of materials needed such as silk or iron would climb as more sites consume these ever more aggressively;
the output materials such as tools and velvet would begin to drop in resale value due to oversupply world wide.  There are only so many wealthy people consuming these...
Yes, it does become a little immersion breaking when all of your enterprises are weavery and dyeworks. Not to mention the profit really stacks up over time, it's a no-brainer to save up money for these because the return on investment is so quick. These changes would be an improvement and also make sense RP-wise.

gsanders said:
Something else I made today at WC_CD was changing party size based on number of ogres hired, along with ogres using more food.
tpoS0.jpg
That makes so much sense. Warhammer Ogres are renown for eating large amounts of food, it is literally why they fight as mercenaries for the most part. Spending their pay and loot on food. I would also suggest adding a chance for them to eat allies if food is low  :lol:

gsanders said:
  I don't think it should apply to Golems, which are ogre skin, but it should apply to Ogres hired from Orcs.
This would offset the very low cost of Orc hired Ogres here at Phantasy 2018.
I agree, that would not make sense for Golems, you could just increase their cost and wages if necessary instead. Or if you really want to get complicated, require one mage in the party for each Golem otherwise they have a chance of going inert or maybe even hostile.

I'm not sure if this is a game mechanic or not? But maybe for the meantime, can you please make some sort of obligatory quest or some sort of purpose when playing this game which is not just conquering cities or conquering towns or etc.
For example, as an undead, maybe i will need to raise a certain number of dead and then go to certain area and ravage their place or something like that. At least give us some sort of purpose aside from roaming around freely. Because that's literally what i felt from playing this mod. I just go there, raise my level, raise undead, roam around aimlessly not knowing what to do :sad:

Leopard27 said:
I'm not sure if this is a game mechanic or not? But maybe for the meantime, can you please make some sort of obligatory quest or some sort of purpose when playing this game which is not just conquering cities or conquering towns or etc.
For example, as an undead, maybe i will need to raise a certain number of dead and then go to certain area and ravage their place or something like that. At least give us some sort of purpose aside from roaming around freely. Because that's literally what i felt from playing this mod. I just go there, raise my level, raise undead, roam around aimlessly not knowing what to do :sad:

I agree in the spirit but am short on time right now. 
  Perhaps you can try some other class than necromancer next?

Or get married, be a vassal, something other than just fighting?? Have you crafted anything?  Do your companions have gear you made??

Back
Top Bottom