Suggestions about game mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread

guspav

Section Moderator
State your suggestions about game mechanics ONLY.
Please try to keep from drifting to other things so as to keep the thread relatively clean.

Lich Transformation info from guspav (mainly for my own reference, as such):
guspav said:
Liches do have several advantages and drawbacks:
Pros
- They are immune to charm and chaos spells
- They don't need food (need to verify that)
- They have a fear aura around them that will  make weak enemies run away immediately
- They get a 3 bonus in Intelligence (mundane troubles of mortals don't bother then anymore and thus are more focused)
- They look badass as evil warlords

Cons
- They get a 3 penalty in Charisma and a 2 penalty in Agility (they are walking corpses so they aren't pleasant to look at and they are stiffer than living beings)
- Most factions will consider them abominations and will try to destroy them on sight
- They can be turned/charmed/destroyed by high level clerics
- White bolts will damage them.

Aside from the basic stat bonuses/penalties, a bit of flavor to their power would be great to make this costly transformation more interesting. White bolts not (currently) being used by any troops, enemy or ally, practically negates that disadvantage entirely, unless you decide to try hitting yourself with one, but becoming vilified by most factions (presumably just about everyone except the Lich King himself) is a huge drawback.

Perhaps it can force your Necromancy skill above the normally available 10 to make raising vast armies of undead easier, and eliminate undead breaking free of your control, provided you have a Necromancer's Staff in your character loadout as well. If possible, remove the morale penalty for large parties of all exclusively undead troops, and increase the maximum party size by a reasonable amount to compensate for the fact that a large chunk of your army will end up being relatively weak hordes of units.

Barring that, the option (which could be configurable at camp, under the Necromancy menu) to raise smaller numbers of more advanced units after a battle, created at a fraction of the rate of fodder troops, but proportionally stronger. Something the size of a balrog, but composed of many corpses of fallen enemies, to end up creating a sort of flesh golem or abomination shock trooper of sorts, like an unholy version of the mage's animated constructs.

I've always had a bit of a fascination with the concept of raising the enemy's numbers against their own; not having to worry about supply lines, recruiting or food, just an all out war of attrition due to every loss for an enemy being a gain to you, even if it ends up being cannon fodder troops like skeletons or zombies supplemented by a few heavy shock troopers and spellcasters. I haven't found a good "lead a horde of undead troops risen from your enemies" game since Diablo 2, so this portion of the mod is the most fun for me.

Make undead stronger at night and weak at daytime. They are creatures of night afterall  :grin:.

What I was thinking is to make them move faster at night/slower at day, and same with damage/armor/resists.

CHIMouttathisplane said:
Since you can become a lich... how about becoming a demilich?  :lol: It's the logical next step.
So, a trans-dimensional floating skull with gems for teeth? that sounds complicated  :lol:

I mentioned before about necromancy, I do not want this to get lost  :mrgreen:

The necromancy system should be revamped, it's may be logical to summon shadows (with some ritual with need of some items and maybe sacrifice) but not zombies/skeletons. Necromancy should work only in special places like cemeteries, on randomly spawned locations as battlefield/old battlefield and with events e.g.

"The battlefield appeared in front of your eyes. You see the crows feasting on corpses and the air is filled with the stench of decay. You are able to recognize [random culture name] crests on fallen warriors shields.  You decide to:"

1. burn the corpses (gain honor and relations with Blazing Hand)
2. devastete corpses and perform Black Ritual (gain random bunch of zombies - amount depends on necromancy skill)
3. bury corpses (gain honor, but there may rise undead army)
4. leave (there may rise undead army)

"The old battlefield appeared in front of your eyes. Through the grass shines yellowed bones of long fallen warriors and skulls with empty eye sockets seem to follow your every move . You can not recognize the crests on tattered clothes and faded shields.  You decide to:"

every answers same, the 3. begin the dance of death (gain random bunch of skeletons - amount depends on necromancy skill)

Also there should be after-battle menu if you are necromancer to resurrect troops or not e.g. "You win the battle. Your necromantic powers allow you to rise [ammount - the higher level, more undead you can rise, no more 1000 undead after big battle] zombies (rising skeletons just after battle is illogical  :wink: )

Skeletons should be obtainable on cemetaries and some events, and Shadows only could be summoned with some kind of ritual.

Last suggestion about necromancy: Altar of Damned building in Obsidian Spire - you can convert living troops (of course not golems/demons) into random undead of equal level here (except shadows).

and few other:
- meet Village Elder option (mentioned)
- really better chance (nearly 90%) to get quests from VE or GM (I know there is OSP about it)
- more options in style of diplomacy
- option to dedicate tournament win if you are married (to other ladies and your wife)

- necromancers spells like Dark Word - resurrect fallen troops as zombies on battlefield (stay only for battle), Dreadful Will - take control of nearby weak undead

i would suggest to decrease the +50 relation needed with native factions to get their special troops. as its taking me forever to recruit some,also 1000 denars for 1 unit and 72 hours cooldown to get another is a little too much in my opinion.
the migration option cost should be decreased as well as the 1 month wait time (i have over 30 villages so its a long and costly operation)

NevermoreGow said:
i would suggest to decrease the +50 relation needed with native factions to get their special troops. as its taking me forever to recruit some,also 1000 denars for 1 unit and 72 hours cooldown to get another is a little too much in my opinion.
the migration option cost should be decreased as well as the 1 month wait time (i have over 30 villages so its a long and costly operation)

Recruit cooldown should be 24 h as in other mods in which you can recruit from towns/castles and recruit cost should be increased in that case.

Migration  - time: max 2 weeks ; cost: more realistic - you just have to found some villagers and to introduce them to builded houses, max cost as other improvements.

AstralVoid said:
Lich Transformation info from guspav (mainly for my own reference, as such):
guspav said:
Liches do have several advantages and drawbacks:
Pros
- They are immune to charm and chaos spells
- They don't need food (need to verify that)
- They have a fear aura around them that will  make weak enemies run away immediately
- They get a 3 bonus in Intelligence (mundane troubles of mortals don't bother then anymore and thus are more focused)
- They look badass as evil warlords

Cons
- They get a 3 penalty in Charisma and a 2 penalty in Agility (they are walking corpses so they aren't pleasant to look at and they are stiffer than living beings)
- Most factions will consider them abominations and will try to destroy them on sight
- They can be turned/charmed/destroyed by high level clerics
- White bolts will damage them.

Aside from the basic stat bonuses/penalties, a bit of flavor to their power would be great to make this costly transformation more interesting. White bolts not (currently) being used by any troops, enemy or ally, practically negates that disadvantage entirely, unless you decide to try hitting yourself with one, but becoming vilified by most factions (presumably just about everyone except the Lich King himself) is a huge drawback.

Perhaps it can force your Necromancy skill above the normally available 10 to make raising vast armies of undead easier, and eliminate undead breaking free of your control, provided you have a Necromancer's Staff in your character loadout as well. If possible, remove the morale penalty for large parties of all exclusively undead troops, and increase the maximum party size by a reasonable amount to compensate for the fact that a large chunk of your army will end up being relatively weak hordes of units.

Barring that, the option (which could be configurable at camp, under the Necromancy menu) to raise smaller numbers of more advanced units after a battle, created at a fraction of the rate of fodder troops, but proportionally stronger. Something the size of a balrog, but composed of many corpses of fallen enemies, to end up creating a sort of flesh golem or abomination shock trooper of sorts, like an unholy version of the mage's animated constructs.

I've always had a bit of a fascination with the concept of raising the enemy's numbers against their own; not having to worry about supply lines, recruiting or food, just an all out war of attrition due to every loss for an enemy being a gain to you, even if it ends up being cannon fodder troops like skeletons or zombies supplemented by a few heavy shock troopers and spellcasters. I haven't found a good "lead a horde of undead troops risen from your enemies" game since Diablo 2, so this portion of the mod is the most fun for me.

I reallt like it!how do i become lich?i was searching about it but nothing!

how about adding more lairs and transforming them in dungeons with bosses and fat ass loot  :oops:. offtopic : are you planning to add freelancer? :eek:3

edit : ahh and the morale system is very rough . i keep losing more troops by waiting then fighting.

A way to store units at say Four Ways Inn. They still cost denars to stay per week (along with an extra cost if they need to eat). I find it tough to accomplish goals if it physically requires me to be a vassal to gather large numbers of followers. I need a place to store units for a lot of various reasons, and I can see it being a great gameplay mechanic. You could store units there in case you get captured and need a quick fix for some units, a second batch of people to help you fight that insane hellspawn group (after of course losing your first 100), and so on. This could really be helpful for those who don't want to position themselves in Calradia affairs until they have built renown or accomplished other goals.

Since I usually assist the Outlaws (they are of positive relation with me and will not attack anymore ☺), could there be a mechanic to, when I have a reached a high relation or so with them, I can recruit them for denars as if they were mercs for hire? That'd be fun.

SmurfInHell said:
A way to store units at say Four Ways Inn. They still cost denars to stay per week (along with an extra cost if they need to eat). I find it tough to accomplish goals if it physically requires me to be a vassal to gather large numbers of followers. I need a place to store units for a lot of various reasons, and I can see it being a great gameplay mechanic. You could store units there in case you get captured and need a quick fix for some units, a second batch of people to help you fight that insane hellspawn group (after of course losing your first 100), and so on. This could really be helpful for those who don't want to position themselves in Calradia affairs until they have built renown or accomplished other goals.

Also, what about actually be able to stay at the Inn? I mean, it is an Inn...

Maybe even have it to where when you walk around four ways inn you could see tents and such setup for all of the troops you have there, and see them walking or standing around.

AI on the campaign map seen extremely unagressive.  250 days in and only land thats been taken is uxhal and the orc raiding party that took tulga and errr that other kherjit town.

Theres been some shift in my games but mostly in the swadian lands/nords, it would be great if there was some way to spark conflicts it would be even better if the "evil factions" would focus on the good ones. Hopefully when something like diplomacy is implemented things would be more lively. 

Notsure said:
Theres been some shift in my games but mostly in the swadian lands/nords, it would be great if there was some way to spark conflicts it would be even better if the "evil factions" would focus on the good ones. Hopefully when something like diplomacy is implemented things would be more lively.

I THINK ( I´m not sure ) that Gustav said that is impossible to put the diplomacy in this mod.....

He did. Goes ****eti**** with the magic code or somesuch.

How about a movable fortification like in Brytenwalda? Would be awesome for Ranger characters and the like.

I was thinking about some of its functions,maybe like the constable to train/recruit troops and a way to create patrolsto help villagers out with so many bandits.It doesn't have to be diplomacy per say. That being said though i don't know how difficult it would be to replicate it but in the end its not vital to enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom