MelsPerisno- Now for Version 0.76!

List of features that people want to see in the main version of Perisno (http://forums.taleworlds.co

• Female Troops

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Pretty much all female changes

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • New Pricing of Items

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Females (including court ladies) generally do not wear visible headgear

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Female troop lines

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Perisno troop line can be raised from most kingdom T1 recruits

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Perisno pilgrim line now uses blunt weapons and high defence

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Most minor troop lines, including Demon and Eagle lines, are upgradeable.

Votes: 42 55.3%
  • Slave Hunter line reworked into vigilantes, with an option for high defence village/city foot guard

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey!

I'm playing your submode and i love it! Persino is one of the best mods for Mount and Blade i've played. Now for v0.76, I have the problem with formations where the troops don't listen. I think "Follow Me" is now used as "Hold this position" and "Hold this position" doesn't work at all, the troops are just charging or running all around the map.. I have been looking around the forums and people have the same problem in the original perisno version. is there any fix for this in mels perisno or can anything be done about it?

//Sagolik

sagolik said:
Hey!

I'm playing your submode and i love it! Persino is one of the best mods for Mount and Blade i've played. Now for v0.76, I have the problem with formations where the troops don't listen. I think "Follow Me" is now used as "Hold this position" and "Hold this position" doesn't work at all, the troops are just charging or running all around the map.. I have been looking around the forums and people have the same problem in the original perisno version. is there any fix for this in mels perisno or can anything be done about it?

//Sagolik

The fix is Perisno .76r2 or .77; in .76r2 formations can be turned off and in .77 the formations is a different version entirely PBOD Pre Battle Orders and Deployment.  Mels Perisno is built on the .76 turned in the 30th of August and is nearly two months out of date, which isn't much by Perisno standards but eternity in GS / Phosphor development time.  As Perisno .76 is and was intended to be a "Phosphor v20 series 'lite'", it shares code with v20.  Basically .77 was a response to issues with formations in .76 with more focus on rebuilding mission_templates for use in Phosphor v21 series, which is mostly unreleased. (around 12 people have seen a technical demonstration release).

Michadr usually needs about a month to publish updates; its likely he feels under appreciated so that may take a bit longer now.  .76r2 was released around the 25th of September, and Perisno .77 around 2 weeks ago.  The rest of the team has 76r2 source; I neglected to offer .77 just to rub the nose a bit as to who was lead coder, but its an exercise that has outlived its usefulness.  I'll release a Phosphor lite for Perisno .8 source to the other devs in I think 2-3 weeks, so that they can come up to speed for Thanksgiving.  I'll be removing features then; until it's down to an acceptable set of code.  Part of what stays is whether the team actually likes anything added since Robin's core last May; if so, more stays, if not, I can use winmerge to discard changes like a pro.  I'm good at that.

Unfortunately Mel has to use what is at the group repository.  It probably wasn't very clear which source is "safe" to use, but the one she used had Michadr's name on it and so she would have expected it to be a littler "safer" than something stamped by me.  I'm cool with that, but it also means fixes are slower to get taken up, as the code base tends to be a lot older.  Mel doesn't usually work deeply with source; she takes a finished game and uses Morgph's to edit by hand, a process that seems unusually difficult and slow compared to source code, but which takes somewhat less programming background to use.  Her mods tend to have a lot more flair for fashion and what I would call "local color"; theyre also ever so slightly more steamy, in a nice way, with women that are ladies and men that are their champions and worthy helpmates.  Its a wondrous layer of changes, which I'm keen to place in whenever I can get my hands on source (last one from her that I can find was end of March).  If I had her source I'd make one for her, while importing the gist of changes to Phosphor v21r5 or r6.
Its not exactly a war between devs; I do share, maybe the most of any dev here except Michadr, and Michadr just has no time - mostly hasn't even come with a working PC all year.  I respect it, I was homeless once, 25 years ago or so, and all I kept with me was a blanket, a down jacket, and my computer.  I'd have cut my wrists before I lost my computer.  He has a roof over his head and a good job; maybe all these things keep him from getting serious about Perisno.  I'm pretty serious about making the code the best it can be, and not waiting one hour just to hype stuff.  It hypes itself when it works, and it works more often than detractors want to admit.  It had thousands of little breaks a year ago.  It has less than 100 now.  Doubtless adding so much new content is an exercise in bug hunting coming up.  Maybe that's why I'm looking for my "fearless 300", and not the 20-50K downloaders who only want a "finished" product.  Perisno will be finished in 1-2 years, or when Michadr gets married, or when the last dev lets the barn door slam on their behind on the way out.  Until then, "it's not dead yet".  But some things, like Mel's Perisno, or the Moddb page, or Steam support, are a little bit behind the forums.  Those will catch up eventually; certainly by Christmas.

- GS

gsanders said:
sagolik said:
Hey!

//Sagolik

The fix is Perisno .76r2 or .77; in .76r2 formations can be turned off and in .77 the formations is a different version entirely PBOD Pre Battle Orders and Deployment.  Mels Perisno is built on the .76 turned in the 30th of August and is nearly two months out of date, which isn't much by Perisno standards but eternity in GS / Phosphor development time.  As Perisno .76 is and was intended to be a "Phosphor v20 series 'lite'", it shares code with v20.  Basically .77 was a response to issues with formations in .76 with more focus on rebuilding mission_templates for use in Phosphor v21 series, which is mostly unreleased. (around 12 people have seen a technical demonstration release).

Michadr usually needs about a month to publish updates; its likely he feels under appreciated so that may take a bit longer now.  .76r2 was released around the 25th of September, and Perisno .77 around 2 weeks ago.  The rest of the team has 76r2 source; I neglected to offer .77 just to rub the nose a bit as to who was lead coder, but its an exercise that has outlived its usefulness.  I'll release a Phosphor lite for Perisno .8 source to the other devs in I think 2-3 weeks, so that they can come up to speed for Thanksgiving.  I'll be removing features then; until it's down to an acceptable set of code.  Part of what stays is whether the team actually likes anything added since Robin's core last May; if so, more stays, if not, I can use winmerge to discard changes like a pro.  I'm good at that.

Unfortunately Mel has to use what is at the group repository.  It probably wasn't very clear which source is "safe" to use, but the one she used had Michadr's name on it and so she would have expected it to be a littler "safer" than something stamped by me.  I'm cool with that, but it also means fixes are slower to get taken up, as the code base tends to be a lot older.  Mel doesn't usually work deeply with source; she takes a finished game and uses Morgph's to edit by hand, a process that seems unusually difficult and slow compared to source code, but which takes somewhat less programming background to use.  Her mods tend to have a lot more flair for fashion and what I would call "local color"; theyre also ever so slightly more steamy, in a nice way, with women that are ladies and men that are their champions and worthy helpmates.  Its a wondrous layer of changes, which I'm keen to place in whenever I can get my hands on source (last one from her that I can find was end of March).  If I had her source I'd make one for her, while importing the gist of changes to Phosphor v21r5 or r6.
Its not exactly a war between devs; I do share, maybe the most of any dev here except Michadr, and Michadr just has no time - mostly hasn't even come with a working PC all year.  I respect it, I was homeless once, 25 years ago or so, and all I kept with me was a blanket, a down jacket, and my computer.  I'd have cut my wrists before I lost my computer.  He has a roof over his head and a good job; maybe all these things keep him from getting serious about Perisno.  I'm pretty serious about making the code the best it can be, and not waiting one hour just to hype stuff.  It hypes itself when it works, and it works more often than detractors want to admit.  It had thousands of little breaks a year ago.  It has less than 100 now.  Doubtless adding so much new content is an exercise in bug hunting coming up.  Maybe that's why I'm looking for my "fearless 300", and not the 20-50K downloaders who only want a "finished" product.  Perisno will be finished in 1-2 years, or when Michadr gets married, or when the last dev lets the barn door slam on their behind on the way out.  Until then, "it's not dead yet".  But some things, like Mel's Perisno, or the Moddb page, or Steam support, are a little bit behind the forums.  Those will catch up eventually; certainly by Christmas.

- GS

Alright! Thank you for the information!
I will download the original perisno for the time being and play that until this is updated and back to track :smile:

Sleeeves said:
I put a copy out here.  I think it's the last version, I don't remember if there were any hotfixes thereafter.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8T3wI9YOLGhanRIemlDTmlCZUk

Thanks! I took out my last Mel's Perisno during a slew of updates and HDD cleanups. Nice to have it back. While most of what Mel did is incorporated into the latest Perisno, there are some differences.

@Mel: Miss you, Mel! :cry: But I know how that "real life" stuff gets. All the best from a long time fan!

Back
Top Bottom