Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 6 - Astounding Squirms

Users who are viewing this thread

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm;" lang="en-GB">Players of Mount&Blade, idle passers and intrigued discoverers, Happy Friday to all. This little blog is about our progress making the game Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord. It doesn't cover everything we do but it tells you a little bit here and there which some may find of interest. “Never make a 6th album”, say the cynics. “Stop after the successful 5th!” - hogwash, we'll continue this blog until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east... or maybe just while we're working on Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/7

eager to see unciron's face with an angry expression.

:!:

RpJbk.png

I hope all the requests from people don't distract the devs in the original focus of the game, mounted warfare

Love the series, its nice that the graphics look like they will soon match the awesome gameplay. A suggestion as to immersion, restricted view in first person for helmets that do so in real life. A great helm may protect you much more than a cap but your view would be limited by it. It would give lighter/ more agile players a boost which is missing in previous games where the advantage of heavy armour is fairly unbalanced IMO.
RELEASE DATE? change it, delay it, whatever but Im soooo looking forward to this I need to know. C'mon you must have some idea, Just a guesstimate? Please? Please? 

Sorry Singil.
Facial lines and facial expressions like there's some trouble in my opinion.:roll: (Work in progress.:grin:)

I wouldn't say M&B's faces were expressionless. They were just finely tuned to one expression, which probably appeals to me more for a player character. I guess progress is progress.

On the positive side, that face is really annoying, good job.

Captain Lust/Singil:!:
Will there be marriage in the game? Or tell me I'm wrong?
Blog 6:When it all comes together and a character has a believable, interesting reaction during a conversation it really creates some special moments that we think players are going to respond positively to and enjoy. :?: :?:

who writes these blogs lol ??

the poor attempts at humour are just so cringe worthy .. and the minor amounts of information per blog .. i mean we just had an entire blog about facial animations ?! :grin:

i mean seriously whoever writes these blogs needs to be fired or something lol ..

Captain Lust said:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by captain lust »

What?

On topic though - FACIAL EXPRESSIONS!! Now I can appraise myself of the sheer terror on that dirty peasant's face as I alleviate him of most of his internal organs >:smile:.

This should also really add a lot more to party interactions - Now your companions don't blankly stare at you for hours... hours... on end, occasionally crossing their arms. Now they'll actually look like... human beings!! Maybe then I'll actually give two ****s about them.

Admiral Nelson said:
Captain Lust said:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by captain lust »

What?

On topic though - FACIAL EXPRESSIONS!! Now I can appraise myself of the sheer terror on that dirty peasant's face as I alleviate him of most of his internal organs >:smile:.

This should also really add a lot more to party interactions - Now your companions don't blankly stare at you for hours... hours... on end, occasionally crossing their arms. Now they'll actually look like... human beings!! Maybe then I'll actually give two ****s about them.

don't swear on the forum please, this is a family environment.

Cool....but I have my doubts that they will not be able to make this smooth and real enough without spending too much time on it. Faces were not a very high concern to me.
I just hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare of ridiculous looking screenshots. Some times trying to make things realistic isn't always the best idea's due to how much work it takes
to actually make it actually real and believable.  Some times its the simple aspects of games that make them great.

Moronic said:
Some times trying to make things realistic isn't always the best idea's due to how much work it takes to actually make it actually real and believable.  Some times its the simple aspects of games that make them great.

I have to agree.
The screenshots are awesome, and I've definitely been wanting face animations in M&B since I started playing. But don't spend too much time on making it look real.

Back
Top Bottom