Patch Previews + Newsblogs - 0.6

Users who are viewing this thread

Here is everything posted that is coming in a new patch. So you can keep an eye on what to expect!

Scenes
4DBBD0719979E0D40A03D9ACCAA95EA12B753F7A
64D98E622E170F29D2138AE9B335CE12386FEBE8
83D51847126BAB6BADD5DC123CEE673FD34C3B93

Features

4 New factions. One with a brand new troop tree.
- Sarmantians.
- Marcomanni
- Frisii
- Scotti
2 Factions renamed
- Brittanic Tribes = Caledonii
- Germanic Tribes = Burgundions

gokiller said:
New Scene in progress!

95B416FD340EB0DD7D177DBB2AAF96911640923E
3B9624B58FC3F64554897D8D7D87FFBDF0572014

Really need to start looking for additional walls..  :sad:

I dont like it being completely Straight all roads are completely straight all buildings are perfectly lined i wouldnt like a map like this

glenn500 said:
gokiller said:
New Scene in progress!

95B416FD340EB0DD7D177DBB2AAF96911640923E
3B9624B58FC3F64554897D8D7D87FFBDF0572014

Really need to start looking for additional walls..  :sad:

I dont like it being completely Straight all roads are completely straight all buildings are perfectly lined i wouldnt like a map like this

the only inaccuracy is the lack of the side doors due to kardo and decumanus intersection, nonetheless it is a beautiful example of a Roman colony... :roll:

#Glenn, Roman cities are so far I've seen suppose to be like that.

Here some examples.
lebensbildcut_vogelperspektive_800.jpg
large_roman_home.jpg

Obviously not all cities are that "structured" (I guess I can call it that) like that with the straight roads etc. Though I do believe quite a couple are. Like this one. So that you dislike that, well I can't change anything about that.  :razz:

A newsblog concerning the next patch and the major changes this mod is going to make. From the Moddb page.

Heyho lads!
Because I've had so many requests for features, like freelancer, Diplomacy, formations and other options to improve the gameplay experience. I knew I had to try to get them implented. However after many attempts it just wouldn't do. Modmerger hates me, and I'm just to inexperienced to properly implent the features myself.

So, here I came with another more easier solution.. The amazingly created mod Brytenwalda! Because the developers of it where so kind to release it's resources and MS to the modding world. I have the oppertunity to use it as a base for Bellum Imperii, and where from I can expand it even further from with the countless of features implented.

Some of you would by now think ; "So this could take months before the next patch?" A simple answer on that is; "No". As easy as it is I've already replaced the majority of the codes with the Bellum Imperii's onces.

However, though beside that, there is a lot more coming then first planned. So here below is what is planned to be done for 0.4.

- Brytenwalda as base including features like:
Freelancer, Diplomacy, Outposts, Deathcam, Shield bash, Ship travel, and so much more! (All that can be found on the Brytenwalda board here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,189.0.html Be sure to download it! It's worth it! )
- More factions than planned in the last newsblog!
- New scenes!
- The removal of the annoying errors in the logs!
- And some more stuff where I can't think off right now.

This could take a couple of weeks to be done, depends on the time I can spend on it, college etc. Eitherway I dare to say that it will be worth the waiting!

At last, I'm still looking for extra sceners to create villages, if you're interested send me a PM with your previous work and we will see further. :smile:

Thanks for reading,
Gokiller

Hmm Brytenwalda. Not a big fan of tripping, shield bash, horse speed scaling and burying the dead. Well at least most of those features  are optional.

Been actually making some progress on the re-texturing front its nothing to be surprised of, it's me getting bit by bit going with the basics of re-texturing... Several roman armors now with different cloth colours. Nothing to do with historical accuraty as it has a main purpose of bringing some further variation in the roman army.

Preview.jpg
Preview2.jpg

Some screens that I uploaded on the Moddb like a month ago. Figured that I could post them here as well for those who don't watch Moddb.

48700_screenshots_2014-06-09_00001.1.jpg
48700_screenshots_2014-07-03_00001.1.jpg

Along with that, the newsblog from then.

Good evening,

I managed to get on it a bit and worked on the campaign map settlement positioning, naming and factions. Now especially that last one, the factions. I've been messing including more and more factions the last patches. However, with this patch there will be a major blow on new factions, some will get there own unique troop tree, others will share them as they barely have any noticable difference.

So where do most of these factions come from (from which major faction did I seperate them?) and who are they?

Ruggi, Marcomanni, Frisii, Suebi, Burgondio(a)ns, Saxones. = Various German tribes that come from the former faction "Germanic Tribes", Germany will now be far more populated with more towns, villages and strongholds. These new factions will share one single troop tree.

Caledonii and Scotti. = Two Brittanic tribes, one located in current Ireland and Scotland who will replace the previous faction: Brittanic Tribes, so far these factions share the same troop trees.

Mauri and Gaetulli. = Two African tribes who will replace the Numidian Tribes faction. Both share the same troop tree.

Fenni and Sarmantians = Fenni Slavic tribe located around the Baltics, the Sarmentians are located to the North of the Black-Sea and to the East of the Dacians.

Note that these factions have been brought in to fill up the map, historically quite a few aspects may be wrong. But that just has to make place for an better gameplay experience also the troop trees are like I previously said are mostly the same for the moment.

Hope this will keep you hyped for the patch for now, release date will still remain to be unknown as there is still a lot of work to do.

Cheers,
Gokiller
Open to suggestions as always.

Back
Top Bottom